Men vs. Kentucky game thread

WarTiger

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Team played hard. I'm not mad. Bryce played well. They can't beat us with Wiley

It's weird.  There are times where I think we play with better flow without Wiley, but you can't deny that his size inside is a difference maker and wouldn't have affected the game plan.  

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the flip side look at this game did you hear them talking about they get everyone's best like we had to play outside ourselves to compete...or what if they were like Brown went 8-9 that's the only way we competed.....that's what you guys sound like when we win.....it's sort of disrespectful IMO

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's weird.  There are times where I think we play with better flow without Wiley, but you can't deny that his size inside is a difference maker and wouldn't have affected the game plan.  

I just look at it as his defense outweighs his offense. When you have it you take it for granted but we could've used his taking up space to let a Mac and Horace to get those offensive put backs today

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I wanted the win but I'm encouraged

I’ll take your work for it. Had my som’s game so only got to watch the first 5-6 min and listen to spurts. I’m just hoping they can make the dance this year. Doesn’t look like they will be anywhere near the top of the SEC when it’s all said and done.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just look at it as his defense outweighs his offense. When you have it you take it for granted but we could've used his taking up space to let a Mac and Horace to get those offensive put backs today

Agree....I consider points from AW to be a bonus....rebound put-backs or something but mostly we needed someone like protect the basket and prevent back-door drives and down the lane stuff.    Neither AMac nor Spencer has enough bulk to do that job..

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't recall any put backs today.  Wiley would have helped.  Also, another body to take fouls without Mac and Spencer getting in early foul trouble. 

This is still a good team. The Wiley loss is gonna hurt and eliminate any SEC championship possibility. But just a quick look at the remainder of the schedule, 10-8 is likely in conference. That and a good draw in the tournament to make the sweet 16 would be a good ceiling for this team. They’re not the “Final 4 contender” some hyped them up to be preseason, but cmon guys they’re a tournament team 100%

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

It was a half court shot but doughty pissed me off with it a little....

He had no choice.  I would have rather Brown or Harper take it but time was out. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

No. Took it between UK free throws. 

Gotcha. If we had one wish we had called it and called a play for Bryce or Harper 

Auburn has things to fix. Today they played a pretty good KY team without Wiley and to be honest without playing their best game and we had a chance at the end to tie or win. Bryce is Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. he always plays hard but he doesn't know how to avoid his weaknesses. He sometimes will dribble into a turnover or run the clock down without getting into any offense. Then Bryce hits a key 3 when we need it. Harper does the same thing at times with dribbling without starting the offense this keeps the ball out of Chuma's hands and so he never gets into the flow. 

Spencer is all hustle but sometimes plays out of control hence the travel calls.  Dunbar is consistently one of our better players and needs more PT.  The one thing this team always does is play hard, now if they can combine that with making a few less mistakes and playing a little smarter with better ball movement they have a lot of potential. First though they have to do better in the SEC so that they can get to the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No. Took it between UK free throws. 

I thought that was a bad move by coach but it does not matter. Also Samir should not have taken the last shot with time left on the clock. 

9 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I don't recall any put backs today.  Wiley would have helped.  Also, another body to take fouls without Mac and Spencer getting in early foul trouble. 

That's what I'm saying. We usually get alot more points from offensive rebounding and stuff. We missed him today

7 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He had no choice.  I would have rather Brown or Harper take it but time was out. 

I knew he had to shoot it but it didn't seem like he even tried. Or maybe that's from he didn't believe he could hit it....Idk

I hate we lost a game we should win, but I’m proud of them. Learn and get better! WDE

22 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I’ll take your work for it. Had my som’s game so only got to watch the first 5-6 min and listen to spurts. I’m just hoping they can make the dance this year. Doesn’t look like they will be anywhere near the top of the SEC when it’s all said and done.

This seems a little extreme. We do not have 1 loss to a bad team on our resume. What makes you think we would not make the ncaa tourney?

We've played worse than this against lesser teams and won. Once again I really wish we'd won but they showed up. 

Archived