Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And if you look there are plenty of people that are saying we choked or whatever. This happening in the final four helps though. 

We did not choke let those folks saying that choke on their #$%% vomit!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If we just had chumma to put on Jerome th this isn't even a game

You said it. The fact we took out #2 KY and all-but came back and took-out #1 UVA sans Chuma was amazing. So proud of these guys. With Chuma, I honestly think we're hoisting a trophy Monday night. But, what an amazing run nonetheless. War Eagle.

Knowing how long it took to get to the final four, and knowing that blue bloods are not even a shoe in year in and out, makes this hurt so bad. I hope we are able to keep BP for a long time and he can build on this. 

@GwillMac6 @Maverick.AU @cole256 @bigbird @WarTiger + a bunch of other people that I'm probably forgetting:

It's been a great year and I'm glad I got to be here with all of you during the games. I definitely enjoyed all of the talk back and forth and learning more and more about the x's and o's of basketball. Until next year ... War Damn Eagle!

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

@GwillMac6 @Maverick.AU @cole256 @bigbird @WarTiger + a bunch of other people that I'm probably forgetting:

It's been a great year and I'm glad I got to be here with all of you during the games. I definitely enjoyed all of the talk back and forth and learning more and more about the x's and o's of basketball. Until next year ... War Damn Eagle!

❤️, amen, looking forward to next year brother. Had more fun over the course of basketball season than I ever remember having. Love you all

was out of reactions

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree but they should've done it games before this and my point is because it's different teams there's never a unified push because people only care about their own teams. 

You are probably correct ..but I keep hoping the NCAA would take some action because it is the right thing to do...and it should not take someone from AU or anywhere pushing them to make it happen....

The double dribble should have been called but I didn’t pick up on it live because I thought Bryce already fouled him and they didn’t call it. I still can’t understand how Samir jumped into the shooter. He had a good angle he could have taken and got both hands across his eyes. But he played a good hard game. 

Ill give Bryce credit. He decided in those last few minutes he was going to win the game. In my mind he did. I don’t think J Harper was 100%. 

I just booted up the 2k19 college franchise I have going, with AU of course, and my next opponent is TTU, I had completely forgot. I’m officially sick again

17 minutes ago, tigerfangs said:

Knowing how long it took to get to the final four, and knowing that blue bloods are not even a shoe in year in and out, makes this hurt so bad. I hope we are able to keep BP for a long time and he can build on this. 

This is where I am at with it. It is sooooooooo tough to even get to the final 4. When will we be in this position again? That is why this hurts so much. We were about to be 40 minutes away from playing for a natty in freaking basketball. I never thought this was possible. And it was taken away from us in the most gut wrenching way possible. 2013 now this? Not to mention losing by 1 run in the womens college World Series championship series? That is a whole lot of hurt brother.

Folks, don’t let the fools on social media or elsewhere steal the joy of the season. This was magical, down to the 10 point comeback with less than 5 min to go in the national semifinal. Auburn showed up and proved they belonged. We can bellyache all we want about missed FTs and missed calls, and I say go for it. These refs took and well called game and s*** all over it with :30 to go. I know I’ve been called out because of my complainants about refs because they are human, but tonight was inexcusable. However, this was a game was still historic and there will be banners hanging in AU Arena next year that can never come down. And you can bet I’ll be there if at all possible. 

Frankly, I’m surprised how little anger I feel. I’m just thrilled we got that ride and it was fun while it lasted. Yes, the refs were embarrassing at the end, but AU had their chance to win or keep it tied and came up just a little short. I do think the call on Doughty was correct, but I hope they consider some kind of coach’s challenges or replay at this point for plays like the double dribble. The money for these games is too much for the NCAA to allow correctable calls like that to go uncalled. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is where I am at with it. It is sooooooooo tough to even get to the final 4. When will we be in this position again? That is why this hurts so much. We were about to be 40 seconds away from a natty in freaking basketball. I never thought this was possible. And it was taken away from us in the most gut wrenching way possible. 2013 now this? Not to mention losing by 1 run in the womens college World Series championship series? That is a whole lot of hurt brother.

You forgot how last baseball season ended, didn't you?

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

War damn brother. You are one of the best posters on the site. Cannot wait to converse with you more moving forward.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You forgot how last baseball season ended, didn't you?

I honest to God did till now. Ball off our mans glove and over the fence right? And when was the last time we went to the college World Series? Sometime in the 90's? Smh. Like I said cursed. Guess only equestrian is immune from this.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I honest to God did till now. Ball off our mans glove and over the fence right? And when was the last time we went to the college World Series? Sometime in the 90's? Smh. Like I said cursed. Guess only equestrian is immune from this.

I saw massive numbers of moving picks by the blond dude and their other big guy. Calls that were made all year in the sec. That’s how they were scraping off our defense. Completely different than we played all year.  Also they stepped in to most if not all our three point shots including the one made by BB from the right corner. No calls. The with .5 all of a sudden they find the whistle. Don’t get me going on double dribble. An intramural ref could have made that call. We got jobbed.

1 hour ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

You know that doesn't work. Can't argue with stupid. Might as well walk away. It's better than jail...

Well, depending upon the degree of Bammer in there, I see your point...but it is fun when the truth really works.

I'm hurt. For these kids who deserve to be in the championship game. They played well enough to win. I'm stunned it ended like it did. Unreal

Well TT vs MSU was 23-23 at half.....neither team lighting it up.    The final game should be a snoozer if you like scoring. 

damn man.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well TT vs MSU was 23-23 at half.....neither team lighting it up.    The final game should be a snoozer if you like scoring. 

I rather light myself on fire than watch any other college basketball this season. 

Yes I’m hurting tonight, but my heart breaks for those guys who lost after such a great season! I’m more hurt for them than I could ever be for us fans. I can’t imagine the pain in them tonight, even though they can hold their heads high. Waaaaaar Eagle 🦅 baby!

If purifoy and Wiley lived up to hype we would be winning a nc. Wiley couldn't be one and done on a high school team. They have been a big disappointment on the court. McCormick is going to be a stud

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I rather light myself on fire than watch any other college basketball this season. 

I've already decided that I'm not watching Monday. This one hurts. 

Archived