Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

At least they are talking about the double dribble though.....there's no argument really about the foul call on the shot

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

With Guy shooting,  yeah he does. Gotta contest him. 

No you don't.  Force him to make that shot.  If he does, tip your cap.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

At least they are talking about the double dribble though.....there's no argument really about the foul call on the shot

This . Agree with the call . However the no call is bull s*** . I’m absolutely dumbfounded man . 

It was a foul, but you better call that egregious double dribble. You are looking right at it. Still, you got to make free throws down the stretch.

Just now, JDUBB4AU said:

This . Agree with the call . However the no call is bull s*** . I’m absolutely dumbfounded man . 

It was like because we were still winning it wasn't a big deal or something. Like other stuff still needed to happen

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I think Georgia feels the same way. Oregon too.

Oh there have been a lot of teams that have had that disappointment in a championship setting.   How many have had it twice and in 2 different sports? 

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The one ref was literally right there beside them

Two were right there looking at it, not looking at anything else.  

Our motto next year needs to be more unfinished business and win it all!!!!

Robbed!!! The 3-point shot should have not even taken place. Should have been AU ball with 3.5 seconds. How can the refs miss that when they are all looking at him in the open. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I have an argument with the foul call on the shot. The shot NEVER HAPPENED. UVA turned the ball over on a double-dribble that the humpty-dumpties missed.  Auburn was jobbed out of a chance at the National Championship by part-time weekend warrior non-professional so called "refs". 🤬

16 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

For the ones saying the call at the end was right, my question is how many times is that called in normal circumstances?

Agree.. two refs standing there watching the double dribble.. if you are not going to call that.. you shouldn’t call a foul on the 3. JMO

We need to do a go fund me account to raise some serious money and suite the NCAA and the refs. Not just for this game but all of them. They called against AU all day. They are deciding the games. I think the fans could be sucessful. It wouldn’t be just AU but all the fans across the country. Big money is ruining college sports. The guys did well just made a few mistakes. That’s two games the refs have given Virgina. Trying to rectify them being # 1 last year and loosing to the #16. War Eagle AU MBB

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It was a foul, but you better call that egregious double dribble. You are looking right at it. Still, you got to make free throws down the stretch.

Yep, if Harper makes that second one, we are in it at the worst.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Our motto next year needs to be more unfinished business and win it all!!!!

If Gus were coaching it would be 1.5 seconds

We are cursed. You cannot convince me otherwise now. 

Hate to see see this game go against the good guys.  Congratulations Virginia Cavaliers and Zebra Squad on the win!  Clearly was a team effort.  

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yep, if Harper makes that second one, we are in it at the worst.

Harper had made like 18 in a row. You can't expect 100%

Worst officiating of the tournament tonight. We didn’t help ourselves at times but we should be playing Monday night. 

Archived