Men vs. Virginia - game thread

WarTiger

We are SEC champs!

We cut down nets headed to our first final four ever!

Top recruiting class coming in this year!

CBP is our coach!

Auburn family has embraced basketball!

rock on and war damn eagle!

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Whoever said the crappy calls in baseball last night might help us tonight needs to be shot. Calling @GwillMac6......

I don't think it was me. But I was in that thread. I feel like getting shot right now. The pain would be a lot less than how I feel now. 

Just now, AuMarine said:

Agree.. two refs standing there watching the double dribble.. if you are not going to call that.. you shouldn’t call a foul on the 3. JMO

Or at least call the foul if you do not get the double dribble. We were robbed with 2 NO CALLS on the same darn play. Unbelievable. However, and I know he hurts more than anyone else, if Harper makes the both free points, we would have maintained control, but it didn't happen. Just looking for a silver lining and am so glad we didn't get robbed earlier in the tournament.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

We are SEC champs!

CBP is our coach!

I am out of likes but great comment 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

We are SEC champs!

CBP is our coach!

We will! But some young Auburn men won’t get another shot at this ever again. Pisses me off. 

Just now, Vhsco88 said:

Harper had made like 18 in a row. You can't expect 100%

Amen to that brother. I do, however, expect so called "refs" to call an obvious double-dribble 100% of the time when it happens right in front of them.

20 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Hardly...But Samir had NO BUSINESS leaving his feet on that one...

True but split second in the game situations players usually go with their normal reactions

6 minutes ago, CAMCRAZY said:

Robbed!!! The 3-point shot should have not even taken place. Should have been AU ball with 3.5 seconds. How can the refs miss that when they are all looking at him in the open. 

I agree 100%, but they just flat out blew it. Period end of story and our guys have to pack and go home.

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Not to divert from what happened, but I would've much rather watched a track meet against Purdue. That game would've been like 90-88 

Perdue shouldn't have been playing either. They won because of this same call, except theirs wasn't even a call

Did anyone else see one of the other refs try to step in and wave it off? The guy with arguably the best view didn’t think it was a foul. The rest of the officials ignored him. 

Im just so over this terrible officiating in college sports. I’m NOT saying the NCAA is intentionally rigged or that the refs are getting paid off. But something is seriously wrong when one team gets the short side of the stick in officiating in nearly all of their games. Maybe it’s unconscious bias? Either way, the NCAA has let this officiating problem get out of control.

6 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Agree.. two refs standing there watching the double dribble.. if you are not going to call that.. you shouldn’t call a foul on the 3. JMO

They wanted to make sure everyone knew they were at the game too. SMDH

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

True but split second in the game situations players usually go with their normal reactions

Should not have mattered. The shot never happened. It should have been a dead ball after the double-dribble. Sorry for all the posts about this but the no call was total BS!

Overall I did not have a beef with the officiating.  They let them play on both ends.  I actually thought that would benefit us the way we foul soft under the basket. Obviously there was a call for both teams at the end that dictated the game,  they got theirs and we didn't.  No doubt we steamroll them with Chuma, but proud of the way we score 14 straight when dead in the water to go up 4 in final minute.  That was a championship moment that would have rewritten the stories told about this game and took us all the way to a title IMO. Virginia defense was the worst matchup for us, and I think we would have beaten whomever we faced next.  Thank you for the memories and not packing it in when down 10. This will be one of my favorite all time teams.  Just wish we could finally have the ending deserving of the work to get there.  War Eagle everyone!

Just now, AUBwins said:

Overall I did not have a beef with the officiating.  They let them play on both ends.  I actually thought that would benefit us the way we foul soft under the basket. Obviously there was a call got both teams at the end that dictated the game,  they got theirs and we didn't.  No doubt we stream roll them with Chuma, but proud of the way we score 14 straight when dead in the water to go up 4 in final minute.  That was a championship moment that would have rewritten the stories told about this game and took us all the way to a title IMO. Virginia defense was the worst matchup for us, and I think we would have beaten whomever we faced next.  Thank you for the memories and not packing it in when down 10. This will be one of my favorite all time teams.  Just wish we could finally have the ending deserving of the work to get there.  War Eagle everyone!

Missing the out in the open double dribble is inexcusable. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't think it was me. But I was in that thread. I feel like getting shot right now. The pain would be a lot less than how I feel now. 

I feel more like taking a shot. And then another. And then another...

3 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

First thing the coaches say is don't foul the jump shooter. This play didn't happen in the flow of the game

3 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

We had a double dribble no call too. We wouldn't have been in the position we were in if we had shown up for the entire second half.

Yep. And if Harper make that free throw it's at least OT. We have gripes on this one for sure. We came back. And we had it. 

I think that double dribble was a hard call because we were intentionally fouling and that had the refs attention.  He may have thought bryce poked it away.  It did not go very far away which was a bit unusual.   

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Dude, I called the double dribble from my couch. Missing that then the soft call on the three.......tough to swallow, particularly after I thought we had won and had acted out in front of my wife and kids, lol

2 minutes ago, Vhsco88 said:

Harper had made like 18 in a row. You can't expect 100%

True dat. Their player stepped up and made 3 free throws in about the most pressure packed situation I can fathom. Our player had the same chance and did not execute. That is a fact which cannot be denied by me, you, or anybody else. It's single elimination, win or go home. We are going home. Fact. If Jared hits his 2nd free throw, refs or no refs, we are in overtime at worst. Fact! No excuses, no criticism, just the facts mam.

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Missing the out in the open double dribble is inexcusable. 

That "miss" is worthy of a suspension....NCAA should not just ignore something that blatant....

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's literally a mandate now like rolling into a qb in football. You have to let a guy land. They called the same call against my cousin the Purdue game and that guy kicked his leg out. Guy went straight up and straight down

I haven't played a real officiated game since 2008 but that looked like clean ball to me. What's worse is I celebrated with both kids and wife to have that emotion wiped off lol

Archived