huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

the same pundits that said the first team oline will be a strength also said the second team oline is drastically improved as well. as for gus he has gotten pretty much all he has asked for. he knows if he falls short he is pretty much gone so unless he caves to the pressure i believe we will get the good gus. should we be mad at gus that auburn has allowed him to learn on the job? and unlike some coaches gus really does love auburn. and as a competitor i believes he wants to win as bad any other coach in football. right now gus is an auburn man so i choose to support him and the team until  a change is made. we certainly do not have kids being shot and killed. we do not have kids robbing supposed drug dealers in trailers. he has zero tolerance for domestic abuse or even violence of any kind that i can see. i certainly do not want to see another coach come in and turn auburn into thug u even if it means winning  a natty. so i will pull for gus to do well. most of the negative stuff just hurts the school and give opposing coaches fodder when it comes to recruiting. and everyone forgets how folks were laughing at all the bull going on last year and i saw it with my own eyes on other sites from people copying and pasting comments from this board. all the mess about firing gus and people wanting auburn to lose their games to get rid of gus is shameful and according to a couple of sports reporters was a big distraction to the team.

do i want gus to do better?of course i do but i think we should be careful what we wish for.

Shame on you disgracing these young men's names by insinuating that this was a coaching/player problem.   They were all victims.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Rest my case on the butthurt. Enough is enough jeffy. 

Tinkerbell it is. 

18 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Let me guess you think I said this? 

On 3/28/2016 at 8:07 AM, aujeff11 said:

JF3 throws for 1500 and runs for a thousand. Take it to the bank!!

It’s amazing that I have a mod not only begging for me to acknowledge his existence, he is also looking three years back and falling captive to his pathetic futility. 

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s amazing that I have a mod not only begging for me to acknowledge his existence, he is also looking three years back and falling captive to his pathetic futility. 

Lolz. Tinker bell. 

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well, when you reference a conversation from 3 years back, that's probably the best place to find the quotes of that conversation. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Picking on jeffy bringing up stuff he was wrong about. You bully. 

“Apparently you didn’t catch the sarcasm in that to the bank?”

As for what I said that year:

Regardless of our opinions, the best approach is the approach that is more compatible with the personnel on the field. We can speculate what our strengths will be, at this point, but nobody really knows. But since we are on the topic, here is my opinion. 

SW: game manager. Dink and dunk down the field.  Greater passing playbook for SW. Bruiser RB's would also fit this mold as they would also produce the grind it out mentality. Great for controlling the game, not so great if we are down by 7+ late in the game. Our inexperienced receivers must step up to the plate to help the offense move the chains.

JF3: could lead a lethal running attack which could lead to offensive fireworks. Passing playbook wild be smaller. Bruising RB's would help diversify this rushing attack. Receivers would mostly be going against man coverage, giving them the best chance to make plays down the field.

It's only August.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

“Apparently you didn’t catch the sarcasm in that to the bank?”

As for what I said that year:

Regardless of our opinions, the best approach is the approach that is more compatible with the personnel on the field. We can speculate what our strengths will be, at this point, but nobody really knows. But since we are on the topic, here is my opinion. 

SW: game manager. Dink and dunk down the field.  Greater passing playbook for SW. Bruiser RB's would also fit this mold as they would also produce the grind it out mentality. Great for controlling the game, not so great if we are down by 7+ late in the game. Our inexperienced receivers must step up to the plate to help the offense move the chains.

JF3: could lead a lethal running attack which could lead to offensive fireworks. Passing playbook wild be smaller. Bruising RB's would help diversify this rushing attack. Receivers would mostly be going against man coverage, giving them the best chance to make plays down the field.

It's only August.

Lol. Sarcasm? Take that to the bank, 

JB is throughly enjoying the turn his own personal thread has turned in to! lmao

jb.jpg

Another one from yours truly 

To say any QB with a live arm is more effective than SW and being given a retort of "but JF3" is like when your teenage daughter says: No boys at school like me and then you say "your brother goes to school with you and he likes you."

JF3 is obviously more of a liability than a QB. Don't be a knucklehead.

Edited  by aujeff11

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

RIP in Pieces to Aubiefifty thread 😂😂😂

He gone. Like Robby Ashford. 

Archived