Hardest job in America

bigbird

Same guy posted another video discussing: is Gus being set up to fail this season with the lack of support he’s getting. Referencing the AD department and boosters. He makes some valid points but Gus has created the position he’s in. He had full support. 

Many people I talk about football with just automatically assume many AU fans have unrealistic expectations in thinking that we want Gus gone because he’s not matching Saban. I don’t expect to be bama but at same time I know Auburn is capable of more than what we’ve been getting from Gus because we’ve proven it. He’s the one that dug himself a deep hole. I don’t blame them for not wanting to right a big check at this point and time we may have to use that money to buy him out. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey. There was support to the tune of $49M. Gus **** the bed after we gave him $49M and I don't blame the landlord for not wanting to change the sheets for him. Gus made this mess.

But Gus is living in Auburn's house and the landlord doesn't seem to understand that leaving skid mark sheets on the bed is bad for the entire house. Smell travels, you know.

I'm so cool for this analogy, guys.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Hey. There was support to the tune of $49M

Hey. Everybody says the contract came from only two people, but now we are talking about how much support he actually received as if it was an abundance. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

But Gus is living in Auburn's house and the landlord doesn't seem to understand that leaving skid mark sheets on the bed is bad for the entire house. Smell travels, you know.

That was pretty dumb lol but I see what you’re saying:  Kristi doesn’t actually sleep next to Gus. Hopefully the Landlord didn’t already know that he frequently ****s the bed or else he or she looks just as bad as the smell in this, and still has to be the person to endure the smell, change the sheets, and then pay Gus unGodly money  to **** on somebody else’s bed.  Meanwhile camps are forming as to why we gave Gus Egyptian Cotton sheets to begin and as to whether the top-down wiping approach is too archaic.

Brutal.

57 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hey. Everybody says the contract came from only two people, but now we are talking about how much support he actually received as if it was an abundance. 

I'd say a a majority of Auburn fans were still behind Gus until the loss in Starkville last year. Then the following week laying an egg at home to Tennessee who hadn't won an SEC game in almost 2 years is what really ratcheted up the hot seat talk. 

Also I don't think most people were upset that Gus got a raise and extension in 2017. It was more about the timing of him getting such a big raise while the team collapsed in the last 2 games of 2017.

25 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'd say a a majority of Auburn fans were still behind Gus until the loss in Starkville last year. Then the following week laying an egg at home to Tennessee who hadn't won an SEC game in almost 2 years is what really ratcheted up the hot seat talk. 

Also I don't think most people were upset that Gus got a raise and extension in 2017. It was more about the timing of him getting such a big raise while the team collapsed in the last 2 games of 2017.

I think it was just as much the $$ as the timing.  Gus had shown nothing to say he was a $7M/year coach.  The collapse was inevitable as he's not a very good coach.

13 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I think it was just as much the $$ as the timing.  Gus had shown nothing to say he was a $7M/year coach.  The collapse was inevitable as he's not a very good coach.

I was on board with the contract. I've admitted my mistake many times.

Like you said, the dollar amount- especially the buyout- was the mistake. It was right to hang onto Gus at the time, but it's like we were at an auction and we immediately raised the opening bid by 50%. I, like Stephen Leath, knew very, very little about contract negotiation in December 2017. 

14 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

The optics of the extension were really bad because it looked like we spent the week leading up to the SEC Championship talking about contract stuff rather than gameplanning. We should have told Gus Jimmy Sexton that we would love to talk about a new deal after the season was over. There was no way Gus was bolting for Arkansas with a trip to the playoff on the line and if he did we should be glad to be rid of a coach that prone to flaking. 

Archived