Is it TOO early....

WarTim

...for Nip Watch? 54 degrees @ 6:30 am in the south in June!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the NBA and NHLย ending, we only have our baseball team separating us from the nip watch.ย 

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

I was thinking the same thing!

• WarTim pinned this topic

Was outside at 1:00 this morning and it was awesome outside in bham. ย I may make a fire tonight and roast marshmallows with the kids. ย Bond fire smell are the things that The Nip is made of!

12 hours ago, WarTim said:

It's that damn global warming.ย 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

It hasnโ€™t even gotten hot yet.ย 

Hotter than hell here in deep south MS...........but you are correct.........in the 80's feels like 90's...........by next month 90's feels like 100's.

Come to my North Carolina Mountains!ย  The highs for the past 3-4 days have been in the low 70s and upper 40s at night!ย  The lightning bugs came out in full force tonight. We have someย ย lightening bugs in early summer that are called Blue Ghosts.ย  It is an amazing thing to watch indeed!

saw my first snake of the season in the mountains last week. It was a 5 foot black snake. I leave them be in that they run off Copperheads & Rattle Snakes.

ย 

image.jpegBlue Ghost Fireflies in DuPont Forest

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  This is a picture of the Blue Ghost fireflies!ย ย  ย 

Iโ€™m afraid it mightโ€™ve been a premature nip watch... heat index in the 100s tomorrow in north Alabama. ย My poor son is going to die out there during summer workouts for football...

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Think my nips melted yesterday in this heat and humidity.

Although I admit to liking this post, please, for all of our sake please don't make us think of your nips anymore.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pepperoni or pointed?

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

hell of a visual to wake up to in the morning................lol

So did we decide it's too early or are we on nip watch?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Too early. Maybe the first part of August.ย 

• 2 weeks later...

75 degrees with 40% humidity here in the mountains of NC at 3050 feet above sea level at 3:00 pm!

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

75 degrees with 40% humidity here in the mountains of NC at 3050 feet above sea level at 3:00 pm!

Any golf courses?

4 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Just in case you wanted to know how the weather will feel....ย you look for the dew point in the weather section, not humidity.

Every morning when itโ€™s 70 degrees and morning dewย outside, there will obviously be nearlyย 100% humidity ( amount of water vapor in the air.) The dew point is the water vapor saturation point. The higher the dew point number, the more uncomfortable you will be. Lately the dew point number is over 70 and over 70 is considered oppressive.ย 

Archived