AU Toughest Schedule in the Nation

AU-24

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys who question the big OOC games must be too young to remember 2004. In 2004 we still played Bama, LSU, and UGA. All that happened was we became the first and only SEC team in SEC history to EVER finish undefeated and not have a chance of playing for the national championship

Bro. I mentioned the BCS model. Other than that, carry on.

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Champions use that as proof of their championship caliber... they dont use it as an excuse

In a fairy tale maybe. Bama and Clemson are being championed great SOS or not.  

We had our shot in 2017. Also had the top SOS in the country. SOS proved too brutal. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys who question the big OOC games must be too young to remember 2004. In 2004 we still played Bama, LSU, and UGA. All that happened was we became the first and only SEC team in SEC history to EVER finish undefeated and not have a chance of playing for the national championship.

I for one am glad we are scheduling the likes of Clemson, UDub, and Oregon. I personally dont ever want a 2004 situation to EVER happen again.

Auburn has an extremely tough schedule. Its been that way all of my 40 years on this planet. Anyone who is a coach KNOWS this when they accept the job as Head Coach of Auburn University. Champions use that as proof of their championship caliber... they dont use it as an excuse. 

This this will be year 7 for Gus. The excuse of "he is still learning to be a coach" only takes you so far. Its not purely Ws and Ls that gives people their opinions on/about Gus. Its how we look in the Ls. Its about not looking unprepared. Its about not looking incompetent. Its about not being bested by first year coaches. 

We could do a lot worse than Gus...but to pretend that we should be ok with 8 wins because we are historically an 8 win team is what is wrong. 

Don't forget he also looks apoplectic and befuddled on the sideline,  not to mention eating boogers on national television.

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I.went to boot camp and coasted through it with ease. Was already doing  12 mile “battle buddy fun runs” around Tuscaloosa in ROTC before I joined and nothing in hot, sweltering Benning came close to that during basic. 

You have everything figured out don’t you? The single act wouldn’t have been near as tough if the whole experience that followed wasn’t attached. The single act was what made you want to be tough enough in bunches so that you could come home to her. You wouldn’t say such ignorant and insensitive things if you saw how torn up my wife was when I had to go. And even though it was one of the toughest things for me to do other than kiss my mom good bye forever, it was even tougher on my wife as I bad to mentally let go of her for a while. All of this despite knowing I was only going to be gone for 9 months to a year. There was no projected come- home date in Vietnam. They were there until they were told they could come home. And when they did come home, they were spat on. Despite having a CIB, couple arcoms, and other pointless crap, I will never compare myself to someone before me. My experience didn’t make me or break me and most assuredly didn’t have to redefine me. I was blessed. Now, I pray you’ve been more than just a civilian your whole life because if not, you need to reconsider the lectures on things you’ve never experienced. 

Pretty impressive for someone who says they were born in 1989 on their profile.  One way or another you are a complete liar.

12 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Gus may not have a better winning percentage but he has more wins, more top ten wins, more wins against ranked opponents, despite having a much harder schedule when comparing the first 6 seasons of their resumes. Gus isn’t coaching against Tuberville’s Mississippi State nor Ole Miss nor ALABAMA. Tuberville did a lot for us because he made us relevant back when the modern college football era was kicking off, but come on, he had basically only had to worry about Georgia and LSU. 

As for the rest of your post: Once you kiss your family good bye not knowing how long you will be gone and not knowing if you will ever see them again can you question his toughness. Don’t be so blissfully ignorant. 

I grew up in a military family  . Born in Germany , both my parents served in the army. My father served in the MPD for 20 years. MONTGOMERY. You don’t know crap about me. This dude was straight up prick to mcloofus for no reason . Kind of like you. Now I know you don’t like McLoofus because he chooses to ignore you and you can’t let it go, but I am going to call it like I see it. 

51 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

There Is hard to find a bigger piece of s*** than someone pretending to be a veteran.

I have never met someone who multiple people truly dislike as a person even-though they never met him. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Pretty impressive for someone who says they were born in 1989 on their profile.  One way or another you are a complete liar.

That makes me 29.  Like I said, bet the house on it. 

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

All of this despite knowing I was only going to be gone for 9 months to a year.

Okay, here goes my take. I don't always agree with Jeff and what he says or how he says it but I don't see how it can be determined he is lying about service here. I am grateful to all who served honorably in whatever capacity they served.

10 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

There was no projected come- home date in Vietnam. They were there until they were told they could come home. And when they did come home, they were spat on. Despite having a CIB, couple arcoms, and other pointless crap, I will never compare myself to someone before me. My experience didn’t make me or break me and most assuredly didn’t have to redefine me. I was blessed. 

Slammer was the one who served in Vietnam. He says he's not comparing himself to anyone who came before him.  I'm not defending Jeff any more than I would anyone else who I think was misinterpreted. I do think in this case he was misunderstood. 

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Not sure if this comment applies to the conversation or not, but I will throw it out there regardless.  Gus Malzahn, is the only coach currently in the SEC to have beaten Nick Saban.  No one in the SEC has ever beaten him more than Gus.  I believe Freeze is the only coach tied with him in wins over Saban, maybe Miles?  Not sure.  

This is true, but we also got to evaluate who he has loss to as well. That is the problem. It freaking always seems to cancel each other out. It's the 2010 season all over. 

41 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Okay, here goes my take. I don't always agree with Jeff and what he says or how he says it but I don't see how it can be determined he is lying about service here. I am grateful to all who served honorably in whatever capacity they served.

Slammer was the one who served in Vietnam. He says he's not comparing himself to anyone who came before him.  I'm not defending Jeff any more than I would anyone else who I think was misinterpreted. I do think in this case he was misunderstood. 

This conversation is wild. I didn’t even offer up my service until he irrelevantly said I hadn’t served: 

I’ve had my own twitter handle here forever until a sicko wanted to use my personal pictures for his avatar picture. I hope y’all don’t go around accusing everyone of not serving. I don’t know where that flies, but those that are wrong end up making an ass of themselves. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/wardamn07

The aforementioned yellow ribbon ceremony that’s not on the twitter page: 

E94DFB42-B044-4F03-8DB9-CB38C27B73A9.jpeg

Just so everyone knows, that is Jeff in the picture.  I only know that because a year or two ago he shared his Twitter for an unrelated subject and it has this picture.

I do think everyone needs to take a chill pill here though.  I see Loof did this as well and good for him for doing that (complement).  Mods may even need to lock this thread as it has gotten way too personal.

Everyone has a fault in what has transpired the last few pages.  But we need to let this stuff go.  Last time I saw this was in the Fall of 2016 where a poster got the ban-hammer for a year.  Funny enough if someone thumbsdowns me or Facepalms me it’s usually that poster which is comical.  :laugh: 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I grew up in a military family  . Born in Germany , both my parents served in the army

What is hilarious is that you say this but also say “the Marines I met...” blah blah blah didn’t act like slammer. If you know the military life you don’t get wrapped around stereotypes when there are thousands and thousands of different personalities even within the marines. The Marine Corp isn’t a cult. There are various jobs in the Marines and different lifestyles. I’ve personally met and/or served with all kinds of them. Some were bullish, some were mr GI, some were uninspiring, some were very thoughtful. One of them that I know weighs over 300 pounds now. 

Dont give me your anecdotal evidence DAG because it doesn’t mean crap and you should’ve know that .I’ve met multi-tour combat veterans that still read comics for crying out loud. 

As for Mcloofus, he can answer or ignore my posts whenever he wants, but if he says something that I don’t agree with,  I’m still going to respond period

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

What is hilarious is that you say this but also say “the Marines I met...” blah blah blah didn’t act like slammer. If you know the military life you don’t get wrapped around stereotypes when there are thousands and thousands of different personalities even within the marines. The Marine Corp isn’t a cult. There are various jobs in the Marines and different lifestyles. I’ve personally met and/or served with all kinds of them. Some were bullish, some were mr GI, some were uninspiring, some were very thoughtful. One of them that I know weighs over 300 pounds now. 

Dont give me your anecdotal evidence DAG because it doesn’t mean crap and you should’ve know that .I’ve met multi-tour combat veterans that still read comics for crying out loud. 

As for Mcloofus, he can answer or ignore my posts whenever he wants, but if he says something that I don’t agree with,  I’m still going to respond period

Anecdotal evidence? Lol. I am not worrying about any of that other stuff. You don't know crap about me,  whom or what I have to come home to worry about. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Anecdotal evidence?

Do you not know what that means?? Do I need to sound it off for you?  “the marines I met..” is completely anecdotal and you have no right to say that about any Marine period.

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

This conversation is wild. I didn’t even offer up my service until he irrelevantly said I hadn’t served: 

I’ve had my own twitter handle here forever until a sicko wanted to use my personal pictures for his avatar picture. I hope y’all don’t go around accusing everyone of not serving. I don’t know where that flies, but those that are wrong end up making an ass of themselves. 

Thank you for your service.  You're still wrong most of the time.

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Do you not know what that means?? Do I need to sound it off for you?  “the marines I met..” is completely anecdotal and you have no right to say that about any Marine period.

And I am telling you, I am not worrying about any of that other stuff. What I am telling you is don't speak about what and whom I should worry about coming home to. You don't know crap about me to speak on something like that.

15 hours ago, DAG said:

What I am telling you is don't speak about what and whom I should worry about coming home to

I don’t even know what you’re talking about.

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Thank you for your service.  You're still wrong most of the time.

Well that’s fine. Because if I’m right Joey G will be a star and Gus will live to see another year in Auburn which means a dang good year. 

46 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just so everyone knows, that is Jeff in the picture.  I only know that because a year or two ago he shared his Twitter for an unrelated subject and it has this picture.

I do think everyone needs to take a chill pill here though.  I see Loof did this as well and good for him for doing that (complement).  Mods may even need to lock this thread as it has gotten way too personal.

Everyone has a fault in what has transpired the last few pages.  But we need to let this stuff go.  Last time I saw this was in the Fall of 2016 where a poster got the ban-hammer for a year.  Funny enough if someone thumbsdowns me or Facepalms me it’s usually that poster which is comical.  :laugh: 

Good we need to see more of that. I would love to see more faces to go with keyboard pounding. Might give a little more perspective to things

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

The aforementioned yellow ribbon ceremony that’s not on the twitter page: 

E94DFB42-B044-4F03-8DB9-CB38C27B73A9.jpeg

Ya'll?. Sounds like I'm being included as one accusing you of not serving. I'm the one that thanked you for your service back on your original post. 

And now back to our regularly scheduled program. So...I hear Auburn is said to have the toughest schedule. Same old song and dance every year. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Ya'll?. Sounds like I'm being included as one accusing you of not serving. I'm the one that thanked you for your service back on your original post. 

Yeah, you’re right. Sorry for lumping you in with them. Much appreciation to you and to @abw0004.

11 hours ago, auburnphan said:

There Is hard to find a bigger piece of s*** than someone pretending to be a veteran.

Please take your personal vendettas elsewhere. 

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Well that’s fine. Because if I’m right Joey G will be a star and Gus will live to see another year in Auburn which means a dang good year. 

Well thanks for your service, gotta agree with diehard but hope you are right about Joey G!!!

I must say that this thread is HILARIOUS. Dude rattles off his life story in the military because he was mad about Gus and a schedule??? And you guys don't question what the heck that has to do with ANYTHING but pick up the military thing and start arguing about it lol. 

After all that is said and done.....what is super different about the schedule? 🤔😂

Archived