Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Hey we are having a moment here! Unison before football season. 

The getting along and constructive dialogue from last week has taken a turn.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh hell yes. I got the U. 

I'm taking the U2!  I actually don't mind the Gators as the handful of fans around here are pretty cool.....but I can't stand Mullen from the Cam fiasco.  I believe Mullen was involved...or at least smiled at the knowledge of it.

Me pulling for the 'Canes?

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

How do you know we are one of the best if not the best defensive fronts?

I read? I mean come on. is there anyone out there that thinks otherwise?

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Bo isn’t slow, he just doesn’t provide the inside-outside running game and is just well, different. Bo should command a completely different kind of offense that Gus hasn’t really proven that he can orchestrate.  If he can really sling it, we are not being very efficient with the limited plays by running the ZR with him. 

There is a reason why he only got 280 rushing yards his senior season with at least a third on one large chunk play. He is a play maker in that he can escape while keeping his eyes down the field. If he’s the QB, Gus should help him.

Correct....and I'm not meaning to imply that I think he's slow.  However, there's fast and there's twitchy fast.  Just like that article in another thread about AU's new GT Farrar.  That quick-twitch ability coupled with speed is what made Nick so great and such a run threat.  Plus he wasn't that bad of a passer.  NFL passer?  No, but plenty good enough for the Gus Offense.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

People don't PM that often. 

Hey now! It's all I can stand to do.

P.S. - I won my way into the "did get the email" crowd in a sweaty game of dominoes.

40 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Correct....and I'm not meaning to imply that I think he's slow.  However, there's fast and there's twitchy fast.  Just like that article in another thread about AU's new GT Farrar.  That quick-twitch ability coupled with speed is what made Nick so great and such a run threat.  Plus he wasn't that bad of a passer.  NFL passer?  No, but plenty good enough for the Gus Offense.

Check this old article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2019/2/14/18217445/bo-nix-auburn-quarterback

I firmly believe there are three things that can happen and two are bad if you’re going to pass,  but if we are going to pass anyway, and if we are going to have a guy that can sling it, at least help ourselves out by opening things up with the pass. Don’t utilize a half baked passing offense that restricts itself just for the sake of being a rushing offense.

So, if Gus really wants to go Bo Nix. Commit fully to it.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I don’t know why people are acting like Nix can’t run. He actually ran a faster 40 than JG. A young NM but a better passer imo 

You really can't be serious. A young Nick Marshall? If that is what NM stands for then hmm...

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Check this old article. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/college-football/2019/2/14/18217445/bo-nix-auburn-quarterback

I firmly believe there are three things that can happen and two are bad if you’re going to pass,  but if we are going to pass anyway, and if we are going to have a guy that can sling it, at least help ourselves out by opening things up with the pass. Don’t utilize a half baked passing offense that restricts itself just for the sake of being a rushing offense.

So, if Gus really wants to go Bo Nix. Commit fully to it.

Agree.

I'm a run-first kind of guy.  I miss the "old days" of the I formation and QB under Center and hate *HATE* the idea of an Air-Raid O but........you must use the Offense based on your skill personell and if it's Bo, then a pass first spread O is probably the way to go.  Again, I think of OU's offense (w/ Baker & Kyler) when I think of Bo Nix. 

But, I've certainly been wrong before....

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This here is for all of you and for the time I spent going through this thread trying to find some news about Auburn Football.

Don't you people have jobs???:lol:

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Wow! No love for our profession!? We clearly are Instagram models!!! Momma wants their babies to grow up to be IG models I think the song goes!!! Lol. We work a couple hours a week. It is a hard knock life third!!! Haha

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wow! No love for our profession!? We clearly are Instagram models!!! Momma wants their babies to grow up to be IG models I think the song goes!!! Lol. We work a couple hours a week. It is a hard knock life third!!! Haha

And I am a professional Facepalmer. I do it everyday at some of the stuff my kindergartners do!

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Listen man you are really like family in here to me and like a brother if I am being honest. You have been a great friend to me and I am glad you are cancer free!!!!! I cannot wait for years to come to keep conversing with you and just having a blast!!!!! YOU AND LION HEART KICKED TF OUT OF CANCER!!!! YOU WHOOPED ITS ASS!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are genuinely one of my favorite people and one of the best dudes I know. NOW LETS GOOOOOOOOO BEAT THOSE FREAKING DUCKS BAAAAAAY BAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

ukyuiuiouio.gif

iuui.gif

fggfdf.gif

dfdr.gif

dfer.gif

Much love my brother!!! 

Cancer? WHAT FREAKIN' CANCER?!?!?! YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!

I am truly touched by your post and appreciate having friends like you!!!  More than you'll ever know....

Robinson-Brothers-Higley-.gifVEUv4GP.gifgiphy (3).gif

giphy (4).gif

33 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This here is for all of you and for the time I spent going through this thread trying to find some news about Auburn Football.

Don't you people have jobs???:lol:

Idiot Facepalm GIF

Yes, there's actually a lot of good info & discussion but a lot of this thread.....

giphy (1).gif

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, there's actually a lot of good info & discussion but a lot of this thread.....

giphy (1).gif

Ya' kidding me? It's Gatewood. No, it's Bo. No, Al.com said JG. No, "insiders" said Bo. This is the "best" defense. No, it's not. Yes, it is. It depends on what your definition of "is" is. I don't hate Gus. Yes you do. No, I don't. See? I said something nice about him once. Everybody hates me. Somebody is blocking me. No, . we don't. We just have you on ignore. Oh, yeah, Cheech and Chong were in there too. I THOUGHT that might get interesting, but no. I love y'all, but football really needs to start soon. 😘 😘😘 

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Agree.

I'm a run-first kind of guy.  I miss the "old days" of the I formation and QB under Center and hate *HATE* the idea of an Air-Raid O but........you must use the Offense based on your skill personell and if it's Bo, then a pass first spread O is probably the way to go.  Again, I think of OU's offense (w/ Baker & Kyler) when I think of Bo Nix. 

But, I've certainly been wrong before....

With our D, an OU O would give us a NC easily. 

Plus if I have to choose between any Auburn QB outside of cam, or a Baker or kyler. I'm going with Baker/Kyler

6 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ya' kidding me? It's Gatewood. No, it's Bo. No, Al.com said JG. No, "insiders" said Bo. This is the "best" defense. No, it's not. Yes, it is. It depends on what your definition of "is" is. I don't hate Gus. Yes you do. No, I don't. See? I said something nice about him once. Everybody hates me. Somebody is blocking me. No, . we don't. We just have you on ignore. Oh, yeah, Cheech and Chong were in there too. I THOUGHT that might get interesting, but no. I love y'all, but football really needs to start soon. 😘 😘😘 

Reading your summary of this thread put me in mind of a Robin Williams routine where he would play both sides of the conversation. Man I miss his comic genius. 

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

There's just not enough LOVE emojis available for this post!  Spot on analysis.

Just when you read a page of nice, informative posts you turn the page and...

giphy (5).gif

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Awe he blocked me. Cute

Apparently it isn't just the Wolfpack that blocks people. 

I'm up there with Cole. Some people just hate me. I am blunt, too the point, and I'm not PC. It doesn't surprise me Tango Whiskey Foxtrot blocked me. Heck I'm pretty sure McLoofus even blocked me, lol

a4e beats all of you...........................:poke: 12 long years with him

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

MAR had surgery on his leg with no set timetable ☹️

My dude Derick Hall is a 230 lbs. freshman. Still a bit of a "tweener" at Buck but he should keep filling out.

Receivers not having it together is frustrating considering the talent at the position. Make KB the recruiting coordinator and bring in a more technical receivers coach.

Don’t know if we’re ready for that discussion but there’s not too many guys he’s improved in the little things. Constant route issues too 

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I got face palmed for my last opinion on the Gus Offense but this ^^^^^^

Also, as I stated before, I believe one simple adjustment would help the offense run smoother depending on who's behind Center, either way. 

When Joey's in, Zone Read till your heart's content.  The defense has to respect his wheels and will have to truly decide who's carrying the ball.  That helps slow the front and puts the LB's & DE's on their heels (which is the purpose & beauty of the Zone Read).  I've since been convinced that the 2013 style has been rendered obsolete but the 2010 style should be awesome (& I suspect is what a lot of current college Offenses, such as OU, are based on).

However, when Bo's in, discard the ZR, which is just a slow developing fake without the right QB, and it ain't fooling anybody.  Defenses will learn quickly (IN MY OPINION) that Bo is not a homerun threat with his legs and will basically ignore it, which gives them a second or 2 to crash the area of the handoff.  Now I do believe Bo has SOME wheels but even if he's the 2nd coming of Baker Mayfield the ZR on 95% of the plays, is still wasteful.  I could be wrong (nnnnaaaaaawwwwwww, not meeeee.....) but IIRC Mayfield was a master escape artist and the OU offense wasn't predicated on him being a run-first QB but rather called the play and let him use his running ability as an option.  Note: Mayfield only had a 2.7 YPC avg in his college career (2.8 at OU) but he knew when & how to pick his moments...that's how I imagine Bo.

Anyway, that's my 2 rusty pennies...

Just to make you feel good

frustrated james van der beek GIF

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Dang some of you guys needs a shrink.................. badly

giphy (3).gif

54 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

With our D, an OU O would give us a NC easily. 

Plus if I have to choose between any Auburn QB outside of cam, or a Baker or kyler. I'm going with Baker/Kyler

I agree with your 1st line 100%.  That would be incredible to watch! 

As for the other QB's, absolutely, Baker & Murray proved to be outstanding QB's at Oklahoma (after not working out at TTU & aTm respectively).  I believe that I even read somewhere before that Riley basically designed his O from Gus'.  Only Riley seems to understand how to incorporate a passing game and uses his QBs properly. 

Again,  I'm hoping Gus does the same....sooner rather than later. 

Archived