Oregon - GAME THREAD

WarTiger

oh my....missed FG when points are gonna be really tough tonight....

JMO but the WRs are not helping Bo much either.....Williams made a h-a effort on that pass into the end zone a few plays ago. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go with Gus' worst weakness. He is getting schooled by the Oregon d Coordinater. If he follows suit and does not make adjustments at halftime, this could get ugly.

6 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

At least the defense looks legit. The offense is the same old-same old.

What are you talking about?  Gus's offenses are way better with a mobile QB.  Also Gus is in his comfort zone calling plays.  I feel bad for Oregon.

14 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Long developing pass play every down. Why doesn't this nut develop some intermediate pass routes?

Because he is "Coach Doesnt Give-a-Damn" (CDGD) and this is what he does. He doesnt admit he doeant have a clue, runs the gimmick play 100% of the time. He NEVER runs the power play. Power look? We dont even practice it, but with this OL why run it?

14 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Nix running for his life and tucks it and runs and picks up a 1st down.

14 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Bo can’t do anything when he’s always running for his life.  I don’t even understand what the OL is doing.  

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Man we have to keep the pressure ot off the backfield

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Kid is running for his life. This is not how you want to ease your freshman into his career

The answer to all the above is this: The staff have already given up on our OL. They went thru the entire off season and hard-headedly did not do anything to correct one of the worst OLs in the SEC. We are running Roll-outs and sweeps because the staff has given up on the OL. No JUCOs, No transfers. The OL picked up right where it left off last season. 

We have to quit scheduling these games first thing. Look at LSU murdering GASO. That’s the kind of team that would have been a perfect tune up. 

Just now, NoALtiger said:

Ha and an Anders miss. Was it more than 40 yards? Wow. 

42. He has a long ways to go to fill his older brothers shoes.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Just like Stidham he is in the WRONG offense for him. Dude has a ton of talent. But Gus has no clue what to do with a Pass first guy. NONE. He has shown us time and time again.

Bo actually has legs and that’s what is saving us right now 

This was not a good school choice for Bo. I'm just going to be candid. 

This is partially why Auburn doesn't get top tier QB talent. Its not placed in an environment where it can grow. The play-calling is nothing that you want for a freshman QB. No tempo passing, no sort of easy reads, the run game isn't helpful, and his receiving personnel doesn't allow him much margin for error. You really hate to see it. 

I know everyone is enthusiastic about Bo and he has a lot of talent + would be a good father-son story, but at the same time, this isn't the best thing for him. Developmentally this game is going to lead to some bad habits, (See Sean and Stidham's weird fall-away motion post throw.) his confidence is going to take some significant hits, and his mental clock is going to be abnormally short. 

D showed up there in the 2nd. Im not worried at this point. I think once we arnt in a 2 min drill and can run the ball with rpos we can do something, Not concerned about Bo and think he is playing well for the moment. WDE

Archived