Boobee

Tigerpro2a

12 minutes ago, PDub said:

I once. was on the debate team for a little while. During one debate, I didn’t know what to say so I called my opponent a stupid poopy head. He was speechless. 

I think I won

That really makes me lol..lol..lol...still lol...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whitlow does like to run his mouth.  I like players who do their talking on the field with their play, and then keep their mouths shut outside the white lines.  He's got the first part of that down pat.

Lol why apologize? He didn’t say anything too harsh. Even the announcers were talking about how it would be a statement win for Oregon.

Thank God some of you didn’t know me when I was a college athlete. I said way worse and heard downright filthy things. Welcome to contact sports.

Especially after some of the dirty crap and shoving the Ducks we’re doing to Boobee. Mostly I believe in letting your play speak for yourself but if he was asked a question and that was part of his motive than don’t fault him for being honest. Better than him saying “I just wanted to improve my draft stock.”

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

Whitlow does like to run his mouth.  I like players who do their talking on the field with their play, and then keep their mouths shut outside the white lines.  He's got the first part of that down pat.

There is a big difference between good natured ribbing and trying to insult or belittle someone. The intent is what matters. JMO

1 minute ago, Slammer1 said:

There is a big difference between good natured ribbing and trying to insult or belittle someone. The intent is what matters. JMO

I think the intent should be to be and appear humble after you've beaten an opponent.  Whitlow was neither in this case.  JMO.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Nevermind this isn't even what I thought it was. Apparently Tulane fans feel he took at jab at them also

Yes I saw on their board they felt that article about him choosing Auburn over them had a jab in it but i disagree...I am more upset about his statement the other night...I just don't think he needs to do that. He knows what conference Oregon is in..Stay humble stay classy

10 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I think the intent should be to be and appear humble after you've beaten an opponent.  Whitlow was neither in this case.  JMO.

Agreed. After the game show class.

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol why apologize? He didn’t say anything too harsh. Even the announcers were talking about how it would be a statement win for Oregon.

Thank God some of you didn’t know me when I was a college athlete. I said way worse and heard downright filthy things. Welcome to contact sports.

Especially after some of the dirty crap and shoving the Ducks we’re doing to Boobee. Mostly I believe in letting your play speak for yourself but if he was asked a question and that was part of his motive than don’t fault him for being honest. Better than him saying “I just wanted to improve my draft stock.”

I am not offended by what he said. I feel like he shouldn't have said it.  (and this isn't the first thing he has said this year). I just wish he would Let his play do the talking. During the game do what you need. Impose your will, trash talk, whatever it may be...but when its done show some class. JMHO

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Everyone is so soft these days. I bet they support congratulating hitters after they hit a bomb off of you

I find this thread hilarious. The kid was in his emotions. Maybe he is tired of Auburn being disrespected and belittled. Even yesterday pundits were saying Oregon played a better game than Auburn and should have won. I just think this is much ado about nothing.

6 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I find this thread hilarious. The kid was in his emotions. Maybe he is tired of Auburn being disrespected and belittled. Even yesterday pundits were saying Oregon played a better game than Auburn and should have won. I just think this is much ado about nothing.

Yea I get that.,...He just seems to talk alot. As long as he is backing it up. I dont mind his confidence that could be mistaken for cockiness. Maybe he was just hyped. Maybe he was just pissed off. I think it has been a good discussion though. That is why I brought it up....to see how everybody feels? Glad to know you have been humored today lol. I will send you a bill in the mail!!!

There's quite a difference between someone being offended by what he said or being soft and someone else thinking he should take the humble and gracious approach and show respect to your opponent. Tennis players, golfers etc. can speak for themselves. When football players speak they represent their team whether they meant to or not. 

I don’t feel any way about this, but what I will say is that if we can have a TEAM that takes on the attitude of guys like Nix and Gatewood, I will be happy 

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

There's quite a difference between someone being offended by what he said or being soft and someone else thinking he should take the humble and gracious approach and show respect to your opponent. Tennis players, golfers etc. can speak for themselves. When football players speak they represent their team whether they meant to or not. 

Ironically the people with strong feelings against this thread seem more offended. Calling someone soft, yet hiding behind a computer tag! What a riot.

I didn’t find anything wrong with what he said, especially if players were in his face during the game talking trash.  And you know it isn’t a big deal if I am okay with it.  :lol:  I like to think I have pretty high standards for people representing Auburn.  

I have a feeling CGM might revoke some of his media time over this! 😂I think it was fine, everybody needs to lighten up a little bit.

Gus's fault.  He should have realized that his players aren't aware of the sensitivity of the fans and players on the west (left) coast and should have held training sessions before the game.  I bet our guys don't even know what a "safe space" is on a college campus.  Oregon feelings are obviously fragile so this was a learning moment for Boobee.  He'll appreciate it when he enters the NFL.  I just hope he doesn't fall in with the "kneeling" crowd.

Fans telling people to be humble has always been goofy to me. Sounds so insecure. I’m not saying players have to talk like wrestlers but man, somebody telling another to be humble all the time sounds so pretentious 

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

They’re still worked up over Dyer’s run.

That and now the spot of Bo's 4th down conversion run.

Who knows, maybe we meet them in the playoffs and we get to strap it on again with Oregon.  That would be a lot of fun

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Who knows, maybe we meet them in the playoffs and we get to strap it on again with Oregon.  That would be a lot of fun

Hope we beat them as time runs out again.

I feel like both Washington and Oregon players and coaches have been class acts the past two years in all they’ve said and done via the media, and I’ve enjoyed both games. We’ve had our hands full with both programs, PAC12 or not. For those reasons, I wish he hadn’t said what he did. Humility when the other team treats you with respect and you win by the skin of your teeth, smack talk when the other team has antagonized you before the game and you curb stomp them. Boobee is a young guy caught up in the moment. I hope he takes a ‘we’ve been here before’ approach next time. 

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

If we played them by the end of the year it would be ugly for Oregon. Game 1 Bo Nix to game 14 Bo Nix will be such an improvement.

Archived