Bo Nix Leads SEC Quarterbacks in Rushing Yards

Zeek

Being bored and looking to see how all the SEC starting quarterbacks did I stumbled upon this fact.

1. Bo Nix 42 yards

2. Tommy Stevens, Miss State, 37 yards

3. Kellen Mond, TAMU, 25 yards

4. Kelly Bryant, Mizzou, 20 yards

5. Matt Corral, Ole Miss, 17 yards

6. Tua Tagovailoa, Turds, 15 yards

7. Feleipe Franks, FL, 8 yards

8. Ben Hicks, Arky, 6 yards

9. Joe Burrow, LSU, 2 yards

10. Terry Wilson, UK, 1 yard

11. Jake Fromm, UGA, 0 yards

12. Ryan Hilinski, SCar, hasn't played yet

13. Riley Neal, Vandy, -2 yards

14. Jarrett Guarantano, Tenn, -10 yards

I was actually pretty surprised to see the low total of rushing yards by qb's across the board for the SEC. Seems like there aren't too many mobile guys or they're not using it well. Now the teams who beat cupcakes handedly it makes sense their qb wouldn't be running unnecessarily but it's surprising with KellyB, Terry Wilson, Franks, and JGuarantano who are all decently mobile. Mizzou isn't using KB right if they can't get him yards on the ground in a losing effort against Wyoming.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I believe a one game sample size is too small to draw too many conclusions.

I am rather surprised UA didn't run Tua some, just because they could.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Against Georgia Freakin' State.  :sad2:

Interesting too that Auburn was about the only team to have a really major opponent... Well Gators I guess... 

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And he's listed as a dual-threat on 247 lol

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

And he's listed as a dual-threat on 247 lol

I have seen most of the SEC quarterbacks play by now and I can't think of any that are truly DT qualified.

Bo is good enough to scramble and make some yards but I can't see him picking up 50 or 75 yards per game on a regular basis.. nor should he.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I have seen most of the SEC quarterbacks play by now and I can't think of any that are truly DT qualified.

Bo is good enough to scramble and make some yards but I can't see him picking up 50 or 75 yards per game on a regular basis.. nor should he.

See I think 50 is pretty manageable for him on quick bursts.

Kelly Bryant should be running for 80+ a game in the right offense.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I could see him easily picking up 50+ per game. If we run a true read option offense like we used to He is plenty quick to get 5-10 average and break a long one once or twice a game.. Look at what he did on his first carry. He could have had 100 in the Oregon game. There were several opportunities to pull it and open green in front of him. I think Bo's best attribute though is to keep his eyes downfield when he scrambles. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I could see him easily picking up 50+ per game. If we run a true read option offense like we used to He is plenty quick to get 5-10 average and break a long one once or twice a game.. Look at what he did on his first carry. He could have had 100 in the Oregon game. There were several opportunities to pull it and open green in front of him. I think Bo's best attribute though is to keep his eyes downfield when he scrambles. 

I agree but don't see putting him to the risk...4 or 5 designed plays to keep them honest...JMO

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

KB wanted a passing offense.  NFL prep...

On 9/5/2019 at 4:00 PM, AU64 said:

KB wanted a passing offense.  NFL prep...

400 yards against crap teams. It is going to be interesting to see how he develops with Missouri, without the ability to go to a bowl game and in a very weak division.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Bryant went to Missouri because he wanted to get training to get him in the NFL. That comes with his arm not legs. 

Although I still find it odd he thinks he will get this amazing coaching at Mizzou... Locks TD numbers dropped in half after their OC left to take over UCF when Frost left for Nebraska.

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Being bored and looking to see how all the SEC starting quarterbacks did I stumbled upon this fact.

1. Bo Nix 42 yards

I was actually pretty surprised to see the low total of rushing yards by qb's across the board for the SEC. Seems like there aren't too many mobile guys or they're not using it well. Now the teams who beat cupcakes handedly it makes sense their qb wouldn't be running unnecessarily but it's surprising with KellyB, Terry Wilson, Franks, and JGuarantano who are all decently mobile. Mizzou isn't using KB right if they can't get him yards on the ground in a losing effort against Wyoming.

Probably because the priority is to pass the ball and not rely on their legs (crazy I know). But that has to be the rationale for some of these players. 

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

1. Bo Nix 42 yards

And we were the only one going against a ranked team I believe.

4 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Personally, I believe a one game sample size is too small to draw too many conclusions.

I am rather surprised UA didn't run Tua some, just because they could.

They can’t afford to. That don’t have Jalen waiting behind Tua and Matt and Tualia are not the answer at this point.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Probably because the priority is to pass the ball and not rely on their legs (crazy I know). But that has to be the rationale for some of these players. 

You’re no fun DAG! Dual threat or DIE

I think Bo will run a bunch this week. I know Tulane has a good defense but I think Bo got his wings last week, he is going to fly this weekend. Watch a lot more of the RPO this week. Also expect Joey to have a big day also.

26 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Leading the conference in rushing for his position is nice. 

But it's one game. 

And it's 42 yards. 

It was just one game, but it was also his first college game in his life. 😁

1 hour ago, DAG said:

400 yards against crap teams. It is going to see how he develops with Missouri, without the ability to go to a bowl game and in a very weak conference.

Might not have been his best decision but I guess you never know.  Perhaps someone made a good sales pitch to him about developing him as a passing quarterback.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I would love to see UT play Florida State...heck, maybe even Alabama State while at it! 3 state schools, (Georgia, Alabama & Florida state), beating the Vols in the same year 😊

11 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I would love to see UT play Florida State...heck, maybe even Alabama State while at it! 3 state schools, (Georgia, Alabama & Florida state), beating the Vols in the same year 😊

High key, UAB/Troy/South AL would all probably beat them right now

Archived