AU vs Texas A&M Game thread

bigbird

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Or you're just on the holier than thou as usual and didn't read what really happened

I thought you didn’t care about my opinion? 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, aubiefifty said:

are all these arguments about pride or alcohol related? lol

It's the same the game thread has ALWAYS been but now if you say bad throw people feel like you've slapped their baby....last season if you said it everybody shouted yeah in unison

IMO, gotta set up Nix with some intermediate routes. He’s overthrowing the deep ball- not setting feet/having trouble with some adrenaline maybe. Got to find a way to get him in a rhythm. Boobee is also non-existent. Hope we can run the ball a little. 

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

are all these arguments about pride or alcohol related? lol

I’ve got a hell of a lot of Pride AND a hell of a lot of Bourbon!  

And I’m in no mood to bicker when we’re winning.🍻

1 minute ago, BigSammyK said:

Only 2 carries for Whitlow... I don’t understand why where calling for him to be benched. 

I can't speak for whoever, but I imagine because he fumbles and runs into blocks

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This. More joiner and shivers . However the dline for txam is playing tough . May not matter 

Kind of easy for a defense to defend the run we have 5 completions on 10 attempts with 44 yards passing.

Just now, keesler said:

smoke one kess..................lol. less stressful.

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Not able to see game right now. Are we moving the ball just on trick plays?

Outside runs were effective and Nix was doing a tremendous job on the read handoffs. We’ve stopped both.

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Exactly . Just win baby 

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Dude are you dain bramaged or genuinely that stupid?

You guys really are insane. We just got such penetration that Mond threw the ball to big Derrick. DERRICK BROWN almost had a pick 6. And somehow that proves bird's point of having his DL all abandon the rush on a screen? I mean it's nonsensical. This and thinking you don't go for 2, up 5, late in a game. 

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'm with this guy!!🥃🥃

1 minute ago, keesler said:

My Elijah Craig is waiting on me...love some bourbon...feel its too early to start though. Or not? Hmmmm

I much prefer QB arguments up 14-3 than down 14-3.  Bo is average, not great (yet).  Pointing that out isn't a heresy.  He's done enough to lead Auburn to 3-0, but will need to be much better down the stretch.  I think there's a difference in "Bo's gotta be better" and "OMG WE HAVE A HEISMAN WINNING BACKUP THAT NEEDS TO BE IN THE GAME IMMEDIATELY."  That said, I do enjoy the fact that Joey can trip forward and pick up 4 yards and I was happy to see him get his first TD throw as a Tiger.

On the other side of the ball, Christian Tutt and Javaris Davis are fun to watch fly around.  Been an entertaining half.  Let's finish AU!

8 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

And where have the slants been?  One of the hardest pass plays to defend and it’s either run up the gut or outside or Hail Mary with Gus.  He called a great first quarter but his pass plays don’t make much sense.  

Have to have some guys with sure hands for slants . High risk of interceptions especially with tips or bobbles 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Got a sweet bottle of Blanton’s that’s working nicely right now.  

Gus has called a great game. Bo has missed a couple of deep balls but has used his legs well. Need D to step up as A&M gets the kickoff. We need to stuff them then score. We need to keep the pedal to the metal.

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Great pressure destroys 2 screens. You are wounded, bro. You lost. Let it go.

Hey, I'd be upset too if everything you learned in middle School and tried to spout of as knowledge this week was completely debunked during a single half of this game. 

Let's see, we scored on the Schwartz reverse because the backside was over aggressive and lost contain, there have been 3 screens (1 by us and 2 by TAMU) that were completely destroyed solely by the DEs and DTs, and Shivers was yanked down for a loss by the DE and WLB because they played under control and stayed home.

Yeah, you're so right.

5 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Only 2 carries for Whitlow... I don’t understand why where calling for him to be benched. 

I really like Boobie and love his grit when he plays. However that draw on the last drive before the half was awful. He literally just stood there. He’s not Kerryon, he can’t dance like that. He’s got to follow his blocks and go. I don’t think he should be benched by any means though. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Not everyone can in the Imperial world we live in 😎

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

My Elijah Craig is waiting on me...love some bourbon...feel its too early to start though. Or not? Hmmmm

life is short.......hit it   lol

Archived