AU vs Texas A&M Game thread

bigbird

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Wow. My game must really be on a delay (Youtube TV), because this was posted 5-10 seconds before I saw the play.

5-10 second delay on a streaming service is definitely not bad. Most of them are close to 30-45 seconds.

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

How Horton keeps his job after the coaches watch film is beyond reason.

Horton would be the guy that got ripped when we watched film, when I played.

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im not trying to my guy, but this kid hasnt completed a deep pass yet that required some difficulty. The past two games Ive been there in the stadium watching this dude's touch be off almost every time. You obviously remember the bad ones, but if theres been more than 3 GOOD deep passes since the Seth Williams touchdown in Oregon, ill admit im wrong

Gus has called a fairly good, Id say even great game for most of the game, especially in getting guys open in easy situations, and Bo's missed way too many to not bring this up 

Fair enough. I think he’ll get there though.

Think we’ve lost some of the basic running game in the last few drives and too many 3rd and longs. Cute plays have to stop.

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Agreed. I honestly would like to see Joiner more...

Drop at the beginning of the game ruined the chances of that happening. Bo is killing it with the read option though.

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im not trying to my guy, but this kid hasnt completed a deep pass yet that required some difficulty. The past two games Ive been there in the stadium watching this dude's touch be off almost every time. You obviously remember the bad ones, but if theres been more than 3 GOOD deep passes since the Seth Williams touchdown in Oregon, ill admit im wrong

Gus has called a fairly good, Id say even great game for most of the game, especially in getting guys open in easy situations, and Bo's missed way too many to not bring this up 

And where have the slants been?  One of the hardest pass plays to defend and it’s either run up the gut or outside or Hail Mary with Gus.  He called a great first quarter but his pass plays don’t make much sense.  

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think they just want to see the same creativity we saw on the first three drives compared to the last few.

That’s fine . We still have a full half. We can adjust. Like I said quite a few of these individuals probably came into this game thinking we would be down. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Fair enough. I think he’ll get there though.

Think we’ve lost some of the basic running game in the last few drives and too many 3rd and longs. Cute plays have to stop.

Gus had the right plan to spread things horizontally early. They are now defending that. We have to run downhill now. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Did you watch the first drive? Shivers and Joiner were eating up the yards.

Yeah I watched gus' classic first scripted drive. Shivers had 9 and is getting thrown around

are all these arguments about pride or alcohol related? lol

6 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

So basically just because were winning were not supposed to critique what we are watching? Got it 

Got it? Good.

easier than I thought 

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Not able to see game right now. Are we moving the ball just on trick plays?

Had a really good game plan coming out in the first half. They adjusted to it, and we haven’t adjusted back.

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

And where have the slants been?  One of the hardest pass plays to defend and it’s either run up the gut or outside or Hail Mary with Gus.  He called a great first quarter but his pass plays don’t make much sense.  

Hes done good in calling the easy come backs on the side line, couple passes to Shenker and Joiner in the flats, I think screens, slants and crossing routes would be nice too. Im not saying he called a perfect game 

This has been a nicely called game. We’re two over throws from being up 28-3. The only play calling I didn’t like is the runs up the middle and the sweep call after the dropped snap. We need to get Schwartz more involved, make them blanket him then hit Hill who is just as shifty as he is. 

I hope we don’t come to pay for those overthrows. The second half makes a game so let’s see it. 

I was behind.

hell of a block on punt return by hill. Took two defenders out

Kj Britt is playing possessed 

man gatewood throws a pretty pass 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This. More joiner and shivers . However the dline for txam is playing tough . May not matter 

Only 2 carries for Whitlow... I don’t understand why where calling for him to be benched. 

Archived