2019/20 Season Long Men's Rankings & NET Thread

toddc

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Florida getting their teeth kicked out by UGA at home. Seems like that loss might go the same way as the Bama one. 

And Florida is now ahead. How crazy is that??

We are 15 in the NET today. Also the selection committee came out with it's first Top 16 of the season yesterday. It was based on results through Friday. They have AU #13.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2020-02-08/top-16-teams-revealed-ncaa-committees-first-season-look-2020

19 minutes ago, cheap seats said:

#11 in both polls.

Dropped a spot in the Coach's Poll after a 2-0 week.

Because Seton Hall beat Nova (who was right behind in the poll) on the road this week. The Hall were right behind us in the poll also & jumped us with that win. Nobody else in front of us lost this week so there was no room to move up.

Auburn is up to #13 in the NET. Almost top 10  again!

Been keeping an eye on a couple of teams that Auburn beat earlier in the year and Richmond is 1 spot away from being a Quad 1 again (Sitting at 51 for a Neutral site game), Ole Miss is now 6 spots away from a Quad 1 (81 and played on the road), and as much as I don't want it to happen bama is only 9 spots from both of our games being a quad 1 as well (Sitting at 39 currently). Iowa State is only 4 spots away from being bumped up to a Quad 2. Those are the only teams that we've played that realistically have a shot of bumping up a quad. Would enjoy for the first 3 teams to continue to win so Auburn will be 7-2  in Quad 1 rather than 4-2.

41 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Auburn is up to #13 in the NET. Almost top 10  again!

Been keeping an eye on a couple of teams that Auburn beat earlier in the year and Richmond is 1 spot away from being a Quad 1 again (Sitting at 51 for a Neutral site game), Ole Miss is now 6 spots away from a Quad 1 (81 and played on the road), and as much as I don't want it to happen bama is only 9 spots from both of our games being a quad 1 as well (Sitting at 39 currently). Iowa State is only 4 spots away from being bumped up to a Quad 2. Those are the only teams that we've played that realistically have a shot of bumping up a quad. Would enjoy for the first 3 teams to continue to win so Auburn will be 7-2  in Quad 1 rather than 4-2.

Everyone can keep winning except Bama. I am pulling so hard for that program to shart all over itself down the stretch of the season.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Everyone can keep winning except Bama. I am pulling so hard for that program to shart all over itself down the stretch of the season.

I will root for them to beat LSU on Saturday.

43 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I will root for them to beat LSU on Saturday.

I respect your decision but I'd rather our LSU win look prettier than giving Oatmeal any type of momentum for building that program. Beating LSU would be a huge win for them 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I respect your decision but I'd rather our LSU win look prettier than giving Oatmeal any type of momentum for building that program. Beating LSU would be a huge win for them 

I say that because as much as I dislike bama, I want Auburn to win the SEC regular season more. LSU losing would go a long way to ensuring Auburn wins. if bama wins and then LSU beats Kentucky, that would be ideal. ;)

19 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I say that because as much as I dislike bama, I want Auburn to win the SEC regular season more. LSU losing would go a long way to ensuring Auburn wins. if bama wins and then LSU beats Kentucky, that would be ideal. ;)

Ahhhh I dunno how I forgot about that part. I got caught up in the Iron Ball hype I suppose. You're right. I'm all for what's best for AU. Go B*ma.

VOMIT

44 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's assuming AU takes care of business themselves.  With IO down for two weeks, we become much more beatable, not to mention we were scrapping by the past several games with him.  I just hope we can make it through unscathed until his return.  If it was going to happen, best it happen during this stretch of the season.  We shall see.

28 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

That's assuming AU takes care of business themselves.  With IO down for two weeks, we become much more beatable, not to mention we were scrapping by the past several games with him.  I just hope we can make it through unscathed until his return.  If it was going to happen, best it happen during this stretch of the season.  We shall see.

That's why bama beating LSU will help. If LSU and Kentucky each lose one game, then it gives Auburn a safety net of one game.

7 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's why bama beating LSU will help. If LSU and Kentucky each lose one game, then it gives Auburn a safety net of one game.

And they play each other so that would be a two game safety net on the loser.

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I really think LSU will get up for that UK game. If Bama can execute LSU, life's a dream

I’m hoping the LSU from the first half of their Mizzou game shows up & the Bama from the second half of our game versus Bama in Tuscaloosa shows up.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I’m hoping the LSU from the first half of their Mizzou game shows up & the Bama from the second half of our game versus Bama in Tuscaloosa shows up.

I watched total highlights from that game before we had to play them, they gave up like 29 to Saben Lee. Their guards had a field day in that game. I think Alabama has to feel good about their ability to make that game a shootout after LSU's last few performances.

Just box score watching, but LSU's hemorrhaging guard points, but shutting down forwards. Alabama's forwards are pretty much gussied up decoys that are just good enough to shoot that you have to draw an Emmitt Williams or a Days out to the perimeter. It's going to be fun to watch 

I thought this was really interesting. Someone on reddit did this to see which teams have the most number of points from the Quadrant wins. Auburn has 54 which is 3rd best in all of the "Power 7" and the top Mid-Majors. The only teams we're behind are Kansas (60) and Baylor (59). Goes to show just how strong our schedule was top to bottom. We've only played Quad 4 games all year

8 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Power 7

Since when were there 7 power conferences in basketball. As best I can remember is it's a Power 6 with the 6th being the Big East.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Since when were there 7 power conferences in basketball. As best I can remember is it's a Power 6 with the 6th being the Big East.

That's why I put it in quotes. It's just what some people like to say and it was also the number of conferences listed on the post. :P

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

That's why I put it in quotes. It's just what some people like to say and it was also the number of conferences listed on the post. :P

Thanks! The AAC definitely does not make it a power 7. lol

Since Missouri is in the top half of Quad 2 on the road, we still really don't have a "bad" loss. And as long as we keep winning at home, we won't have one, either, unless it's during the first round of the SEC Tournament.

Archived