NCAA vote allows athelete to profit

Zeek

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

But the video game is coming back because it's all about us.

No crying about it on a forum will make it better. That will change everything! 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No crying about it on a forum will make it better. That will change everything! 

There was too much joy and unity in the thread. Naturally arguing and disagreeing had to arrive.

I can talk about the actual issue to the point they'd fall asleep and beg me to stop. It's not a fun conversation and it's filled with more "if this, then this" than a high school math book.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

There was too much joy and unity in the thread. Naturally arguing and disagreeing had to arrive.

I can talk about the actual issue to the point they'd fall asleep and beg me to stop. It's not a fun conversation and it's filled with more "if this, then this" than a high school math book.

You can see with the way some want to control and dictate what people say and think on this forum that they lack it in their everyday life to be honest

There will have to be some sort of monitoring of this. Many rules and regulations hopefully. Opening their likeness to the free market can make these kids millionaires if there aren't caps and limits. 

Texas and Texas A&M should be excited. 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's delicious. Almost as good as finally doing right by the players. 

Lol we don't stand a chance in sports now! Texas will now pay kids 200,000,000 to play! Ok I'm exaggerating they will pay 30,000 and we know there's no way that AUBURN can get their hands on that type of money!

Lol we don't stand a chance in sports now! Texas will more pay kids 200,000,000 to play! Ok I'm exaggerating they will pay 30,000 and we know there's no way that AUBURN can get their hands on that type of money!

This is going to be as bad as free agency, which was the last thing that ruined college football. 

Now schools like bama and uga and Ohio State will get a lot more good players than everyone else.

Game over, man. Let's pack it up and go home. We can only pay our coach $7 million a year. What's the point anymore. 

Why was we talking about paying recruits on YouTube (those aren’t NCAA athletes) or being given money off the street? This is about selling jerseys with player names or doing commercials or being in NCAA Football games. 

16 minutes ago, Zeek said:

As a former college wrestler this would have been awesome and possibly saved my Junior and Senior season. Not going to bore everyone with my life story but finances and a torn labrum/bicep pushed me into an early 'retirement' if you'd call it that. There were plenty of alumni and boosters who would have happily supported me during that difficult time and helped me return to play out my eligibility.

Now, I understand not every athlete would have that support or receive it for that positive of a reason but man I could have left college without any debt. Most wrestling teams receive roughly 5 full ride scholarships which they then split up amongst numerous athletes (similar situations happen with other sports my wife was a soccer player in a similar situation). We wouldn't have made the millions that these guys did but we could have focused on our classes better and not worked so many side gigs/hustles.

So, I'm torn on this issue. I fear it's going to benefit those who were already living rather cushy college lives while hurting the overall institution. The players almost have to have bank accounts that can be monitored directly and easily by the NCAA or governing body. Likeness (autographs, video games, commercials, etc.) is one thing but direct payments are a completely different situation. Also, if these kids can't sign agents they will be taken advantage of to a ridiculous degree. 

a wrassler? lol i bet you were a fun date.  pm me for my numba...............grins

Just now, McLoofus said:

This is going to be as bad as free agency, which was the last thing that ruined college football. 

Now schools like bama and uga and Ohio State will get a lot more good players than everyone else.

Game over, man. Let's pack it up and go home. We can only pay our coach $7 million a year. What's the point anymore. 

I know right? Now how is Kennesaw State going to keep their pipeline of 5 stars going?

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Why was we talking about paying recruits on YouTube

Even if they don't take donations they could get paid off views on YouTube which is the most exact example of being paid for your image and likeness.

I know right? Now how is Kennesaw State going to keep their pipeline of 5 stars going?

Rutgers is cackling right now and rubbing their hands together maniacally 

West Coast schools - Funding from Silicon Valley and Hollywood

Texas schools- Oil tycoon funding

Alabama - ESPN funding

Auburn - Well...ummm...Apple funding maybe?

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Rutgers is cackling right now and rubbing their hands together maniacally 

Ugh, you guys are really painting the picture of how ugly this is going to get. 

Good news is we don't have to pay coaches anymore, since all you have to do to win games is buy the players. 

This will ruin college athletics. You can’t keep this out of recruiting. Deals will be made or agreed to before signing day. 

• WarTiger changed the title to NCAA vote allows athelete to profit
1 minute ago, alexava said:

This will ruin college athletics. You can’t keep this out of recruiting. Deals will be made or agreed to before signing day. 

While I tend to be on the neutral side of this, I think college athletics were decaying as soon as the game became a gold mine. Coaching contracts became exorbitant. Recruiting became huge media coverage. Sadly, College Football isn't just a "game" anymore. It's a business that now needs millions of dollars for fuel to even operate.

Republican Senator Richard Burr said he is gonna put in legislation to tax scholarships if student athletes can make money off their likeness. Scholarships would be considered income.

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Republican Senator Richard Burr said he is gonna put in legislation to tax scholarships if student athletes can make money off their likeness. Scholarships would be considered income.

Guess new job positions will be created in athletic departments. CPA of Student Athletes. lol

2 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

No.  No company can afford to make a college football game if they have to pay every player for their likeness.  The game would never pay for itself.

Madden has done it for years....or does EA pay the NFL for rights?

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Madden has done it for years....or does EA pay the NFL for rights?

Ea pays the nfl for rights/exclusive license, 50 million ish, and 2 million for the John madden name. They also give out royalty checks to players.

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Ea pays the nfl for rights/exclusive license, 50 million ish, and 2 million for the John madden name. They also give out royalty checks to players.

As popular as NCAA game is /was I am quite certain the majority of players would be ok with a small potion of $$ just to be in the game. If there are what roughly 130 teams in FBS....lets say each roster has 125 players...thats 16,250 players...if they paid each player $100 and a game that would come to roughly 2.76M with the game valued at $69.99. If they paid each players $1,000 plus a game it would be roughly $17.5 million. 

I know kids today are a different breed, but most of the people I grew up with and played with would be more than happy to just get a free copy of the game and be able to play with their self and their teammates.....as I reading this that doesn't sound good at all HAHA

Play as their selves and teammates----Mindgutter folks

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Old and middle aged men are outraged lol. 

Not this one. I think the despair is way overblown and im glad for the players.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

As popular as NCAA game is /was I am quite certain the majority of players would be ok with a small potion of $$ just to be in the game. If there are what roughly 130 teams in FBS....lets say each roster has 125 players...thats 16,250 players...if they paid each player $100 and a game that would come to roughly 2.76M with the game valued at $69.99. If they paid each players $1,000 plus a game it would be roughly $17.5 million. 

I know kids today are a different breed, but most of the people I grew up with and played with would be more than happy to just get a free copy of the game and be able to play with their self and their teammates.....as I reading this that doesn't sound good at all HAHA

I totally agree with this and I’ve seen plenty that have even said they would be fine with just a free game, even players currently playing. Still a long way to go to see how everything settles tho! 

also 😂

Archived