Feeler on Ole Miss Game plan/ play calling.

Tigerpro2a

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

A lot of bad timing, that's for sure. Worm would've turned those 2 long Williams runs to end the 1st half and start the 2nd one a couple weeks ago into TDs. Those holes were wide enough for Prince Tega to run through. But there have also been some times I would've liked to see him pick his feet up. Agreed there. 

It’s weird they all have their little “deficiencies”. Shivers has the elite breakaway speed. But the other RB’s seem to pick their feet up better and able to find the right hole to where they can get a huge gain

in limited carries this year even Joiner has broken one. Maybe Shivers will break one on that little toss play we do

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:10 PM, Sizzle said:

Yep. We’ve all seen this before but the way they spread it around last game SEEMS like they might be headed in the right direction. Now I just want to see more passes to the RB’s. It’s time for Shivers to finally break one.

Every RB who’s played this year has broke a long play this year but him. No more getting tackled by the shoestrings 

You sound crazy..... DONT WORRY ABOUT SHIVERS! Its obvious we don't all watch the same game. He is a human being just like everyone else. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he instantly just goes, just like everybody else he has to get going and once he gets going he gets pulled out the game. When people are looking to change your game and aren't giving you the same opportunities as everybody else, how can you succeed. Ill be glad when this whole thing is over and at that point I don't care what anybody else's opinion is, you can say what you want about him when he is gone. You can only give loyalty for so long to people and things that aren't giving it back, and you people have ABSOLUTELY NO LOYALTY! You just like who they are making hot for the moment until they stop making them hot, then you will be talking trash about them!

In the LSU game, when Shivers does get us down the field, we take him out and we don't score, we only collect 3 points, so get out here with that BS! This is no knock to anybody but its common sense, if you give somebody the ball 30 times they better be making something happen at some point. All those guys have the ability to make things happen, but you wont ever see what they can do if you don't allow fair chances across the board. We struggle on offense for not reason at all. 

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

You are now officially one of us Momma Worm!

I just sit quiet & read until I get tired of it. People forget he has a talent but he is also human! Im simply over this entire season and cant wait until the end. Its too much and I never thought I would feel that way. I don't care about RB1 and nothing else. Its less wear and tear on my son's body. But  what I do know is that my son is better than 0-5 touches and he is being devalued on this team. 

Just now, Momma Worm said:

I just sit quiet & read until I get tired of it. People forget he has a talent but he is also human! Im simply over this entire season and cant wait until the end. Its too much and I never thought I would feel that way. I don't care about RB1 and nothing else. Its less wear and tear on my son's body. But  what I do know is that my son is better than 0-5 touches and he is being devalued on this team. 

PREACH IT!!!

I know there's been a few knuckleheads giving your son a hard time (mostly proven trolls) but most of us see the ability and potential that's being wasted.

I'm guessing you are seeing the issues most of us are having with the head man in charge.... I'm sorry for that. 

36 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Ill be glad when this whole thing is over and at that point I don't care what anybody else's opinion is, you can say what you want about him when he is gone. 

MW, we would be sorry to see you and Worm leave.  I hope you know that the overwhelming majority of us want to see Worm get more touches and for him to show out.  Whatever y’all decide to do we wish you the very best and hope that you guys stay!

The thread has suddenly turned into an (possible) interesting insight into the locker room?

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

PREACH IT!!!

I know there's been a few knuckleheads giving your son a hard time (mostly proven trolls) but most of us see the ability and potential that's being wasted.

I'm guessing you are seeing the issues most of us are having with the head man in charge.... I'm sorry for that. 

I see it ALL! I just chose not to entertain them! But sometimes people just go to far and when it comes to MY CHILD, I am going to protect him. 

46 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

You sound crazy..... DONT WORRY ABOUT SHIVERS! Its obvious we don't all watch the same game. He is a human being just like everyone else. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he instantly just goes, just like everybody else he has to get going and once he gets going he gets pulled out the game. When people are looking to change your game and aren't giving you the same opportunities as everybody else, how can you succeed. Ill be glad when this whole thing is over and at that point I don't care what anybody else's opinion is, you can say what you want about him when he is gone. You can only give loyalty for so long to people and things that aren't giving it back, and you people have ABSOLUTELY NO LOYALTY! You just like who they are making hot for the moment until they stop making them hot, then you will be talking trash about them!

Momma, do not give them the time of day. The vast majority of the AU Family love Worm. Haters gonna hate. Simple as that. I wish Worm got 10 plus carries a game. I fully agree that he doesn't get a chance to get going!

2 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

I see it ALL! I just chose not to entertain them! But sometimes people just go to far and when it comes to MY CHILD, I am going to protect him. 

As the father of 2 beautiful young girls, you don't have to tell me twice...

God bless Momma Worm!

41 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

In the LSU game, when Shivers does get us down the field, we take him out and we don't score, we only collect 3 points, so get out here with that BS! This is no knock to anybody but its common sense, if you give somebody the ball 30 times they better be making something happen at some point. All those guys have the ability to make things happen, but you wont ever see what they can do if you don't allow fair chances across the board. We struggle on offense for not reason at all. 

I do have a question for you and would like your opinion as I think you know we all value your opinion on here.  I know you mentioned he needed more touches.  Are you in favor of the running back by committee approach or more of a feature back with skill backs behind him?

I ask because the way we have been rotating as of late, if you utilize all 5 running backs and we run say 50 times, each back would get 10 touches.  Do you feel that is enough or that Shaun needs more to really get going and show his stuff?

17 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

tenor (1).gif

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I do have a question for you and would like your opinion as I think you know we all value your opinion on here.  I know you mentioned he needed more touches.  Are you in favor of the running back by committee approach or more of a feature back with skill backs behind him?

I ask because the way we have been rotating as of late, if you utilize all 5 running backs and we run say 50 times, each back would get 10 touches.  Do you feel that is enough or that Shaun needs more to really get going and show his stuff?

I actually like the RB by committee approach which is what I thought was the plan going into this year. 

I am fine with utilizing all the backs and 10 times is fine for me! This is my thing, how do you allow others to get "hot" if we don't give them the opportunity. This is not high school, all of these young men are here because they possess a specific talent. This is not some Joe Blow college team, this is a D1 SEC team! Utilize the potential.

Despite what others may think, my son has always been the alpha dog on his team and is a legend from South Florida, where we play hard nose football. Even with him going to a 3A school, we created our own schedule to play against top ranked teams from our area to prepare us for our run to state, we got there twice, with my son headlining the show. My kid has never missed a game, Ive watched him pop his shoulder back in place and go score a touchdown and win a state championship on one leg literally! Watch the youtube video attached..... His team was picking him up after every play! He is prepared for this, he just needs the opportunity! But what I do know is, he wont waste away and Ill put my life on that! Everybody loves their kid and wants their kid to play, but the one thing I am is real and if I felt like he couldn't do it, he would be the 1st to know !

1 hour ago, Momma Worm said:

He is a human being just like everyone else. Just because he is fast doesn't mean he instantly just goes, just like everybody else he has to get going and once he gets going he gets pulled out the game.

Not expecting a reply MW just wanted to double the exposure of this particular take.  The realization that an athlete (in any sport at all) needs to warm up is as old as sports themselves.  That's why you see kickers on the sideline kicking the fool outta that net.  RBs can't just sit on that bicycle churning their legs until their number is called....they gotta be standing at the ready.  And then......^^^ what she said ^^^!

That is a GREAT point!!  One more reference to something Gus doesn't seem to get.....or care about.

Spot on. We dominated every where in that game except the scoreboard. And it would’ve been over by the 4th quarter had Carlson made one of those field goals. I also don’t believe ole miss is as bad as their record shows. They’ve played everyone tough and scored 31 on Bama 

2 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

War Eagle Momma Worm. I hate the situation we currently have and it's beyond frustrating for everyone involved. My least favorite thing to come out of all this is the players feeling like the fans aren't behind them or even worse against them. Any fan frustrations are likely frustrations with the coaching of the team and decisions made. My heart hurts for kids like Matthew Hill too, who has tremendous talent, and is essentially used as an occasional blocker and bench warmer.

Gus should look at UCF and watch how well they cycle out their running backs. McCrae is their best back in my opinion but they always insure Killins 5'8" 164 lbs. speedster gets enough touches to get going. The Knights do a lot of things right for an up and coming program.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Not expecting a reply MW just wanted to double the exposure of this particular take.  The realization that an athlete (in any sport at all) needs to warm up is as old as sports themselves.  That's why you see kickers on the sideline kicking the fool outta that net.  RBs can't just sit on that bicycle churning their legs until their number is called....they gotta be standing at the ready.  And then......^^^ what she said ^^^!

That is a GREAT point!!  One more reference to something Gus doesn't seem to get.....or care about.

Yes they need to be moving. I was a track coach as well and I know for a fact that you just cant get out there and start running. You have to WARM UP! Do run outs and stretch. Shaun has a more muscular build than the other backs and is super built. Even Anthony doesn't have to stretch more than he does. Hell my calf muscle are built just like Worm, sitting in the stands at the game Saturday, I caught a Charlie Horse so bad, I couldn't walk. If you pay attention, you never see Worm on that bike. lol

Man, Gus is about to run off 2 fan favorites in a matter of months smh

Both that could have helped our record be a pretty 9-0 right now. How the hell did we get here? 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Man, Gus is about to run off 2 fan favorites in a matter of months smh

Both that could have helped our record be a pretty 9-0 right now. How the hell did we get here? 

Like this

Hrlh_V.gif

3 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Like this

Hrlh_V.gif

Lol he needs to take a cue from Dana Holgerson and just recognize when most fans don't want him anymore and leave on his own.

54 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Lol he needs to take a cue from Dana Holgerson and just recognize when most fans don't want him anymore and leave on his own.

But.....hE's So cLoSe to figuring it out.

3 hours ago, Momma Worm said:

I actually like the RB by committee approach which is what I thought was the plan going into this year. 

I am fine with utilizing all the backs and 10 times is fine for me! This is my thing, how do you allow others to get "hot" if we don't give them the opportunity. This is not high school, all of these young men are here because they possess a specific talent. This is not some Joe Blow college team, this is a D1 SEC team! Utilize the potential.

Despite what others may think, my son has always been the alpha dog on his team and is a legend from South Florida, where we play hard nose football. Even with him going to a 3A school, we created our own schedule to play against top ranked teams from our area to prepare us for our run to state, we got there twice, with my son headlining the show. My kid has never missed a game, Ive watched him pop his shoulder back in place and go score a touchdown and win a state championship on one leg literally! Watch the youtube video attached..... His team was picking him up after every play! He is prepared for this, he just needs the opportunity! But what I do know is, he wont waste away and Ill put my life on that! Everybody loves their kid and wants their kid to play, but the one thing I am is real and if I felt like he couldn't do it, he would be the 1st to know !

So much this!

Archived