I want Mario Cristobal

SKIPPER_01

6 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

I agree they're not overrated.  Overrated would mean that some percentage of the football world believed that they had any relevance at all.

Pac-12 Showing No Signs of Ending Reign as CFB's Worst Power 5 Conference

No conference has missed the College Football Playoff more than the Pac-12. Oregon fell in the 2014 season's national championship, and Washington bowed out in the semifinals two years later.

Worse yet, the Pac-12 has rarely offered a case as the "snubbed" league when it missed the target. During the final CFP ranking of the 2015, 2017 and 2018 campaigns, the top school ranked sixth, eighth and ninth. Being the first team out is frustrating; not joining the conversation should be unacceptable.

Well, I guess this answers the question why Cristobal would want to come to Auburn.  Sounds like a win-win.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, I guess this answers the question why Cristobal would want to come to Auburn.  Sounds like a win-win.

I bet he wants to "win championships" too...no doubt about it, make no mistake about it. 😉🦋

These conversations are inane...

Don’t hire another guy because we don’t know what he’ll give us because he isn’t lighting the world on fire and winning every single game in another conference...(side note...Chiz was a well documented 5-19 at Iowa St but using Auburn’s recruiting and resources managed 3 bowl seasons and a national championship). 

Meantime, lets keep the guy who has proven he can’t win against our rivals consistently, produces putrid offensive performances in big games often even though thats his side of the ball, and apparently can’t recruit an offensive line.

You’re moving backwards, treading water or moving forward...right now Auburn is treading water. To move forward you might have to risk going backward. But really, what would be losing? You gonna miss these disappointing four loss seasons? You gonna miss the Birmingham Bowl? Getting embarrassed on national tv by horrid offense? 

Oh, but Gus runs a clean program? As @DAG and others have pointed out that should be an expectation of any coach as part of the job. 

I will maintain that if you are so determined Gus is the guy for Auburn, then you don’t believe in Auburn at all.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

You’re moving backwards, treading water or moving forward...right now Auburn is treading water.

Unfortunately, even if you're treading water and everyone else is moving forward, for practical purposes you're still falling behind.  ACC...it just means less.

No matter who you hire, it's gonna be a fight to ever out recruit Alabama, Georgia, Lsu. They just always for years get the cream of the crop in recruiting . So we have to find someone who can coach up players on offense. Steele has done a hell of a job on defense. 

Just now, bigbird said:

?

He posted a couple of popular message board names from the not so distant past that I had forgotten about.. Charlie Strong and Chad Morris would be two more, and both of them will accept the AU job.

Slight thread drift.  PJ Fleck may be one of the next great football coaches.  He reminds me of Bruce. I am typically not into slogans, but I sure could Row The Boat!

4 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Slight thread drift.  PJ Fleck may be one of the next great football coaches.  He reminds me of Bruce. I am typically not into slogans, but I sure could Row The Boat!

I totally agree.  I hope he wins today or some posters will just disregard him as a viable replacement. Of course, if he does win he will never want to leave Minn to come to Auburn.  You just can’t win with some people.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I totally agree.  I hope he wins today or some posters will just disregard him as a viable replacement. Of course, if he does win he will never want to leave Minn to come to Auburn.  You just can’t win with some people.

Either way, either one. SHOULD there be a vacancy...

super-mario-party-river-survival-switch-minigames-preview-hands-on.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, Mikey said:

Pretty sure Auburn would be undefeated against those two as well. Cristobal has not faced the competition our current coach has faced and his record is still not as good. If you see him as some sort of savior, then ok but you'll have to get away from records and stats and accept that you are putting your faith in an Ouija board.

He also doesn't have the same talent level on his team as Auburn. It can have any spin you wanna put on it. 

Archived