Men vs Alabama Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on Okoro? I hope he’s ok and he just tweaked his hammy a little bit he looked pretty tender walking off the court...

Just now, 3rdgeneration said:

I can't even. This team is going to kill me. If I die from basketball, will you all come to my funeral?

Right there with you.

I'd feel a whole lot better if we were to start making more free throws. We're going to need them soon either in the SEC tournament or the Dance.

I know a Pearl team loves to shoot the three but how many games of shooting under 25% before we stop taking 30 of them a game? We shot 55% from 2. If we let that be our identity we wouldn't have this many issues. I really hope Okoro is okay because I don't think we can win another game without him.

6 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I can't even. This team is going to kill me. If I die from basketball, will you all come to my funeral?

Me too. Iron Bowl was not that stressful. Kept looking away from the TV. So glad they won.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I know a Pearl team loves to shoot the three but how many games of shooting under 25% before we stop taking 30 of them a game? We shot 55% from 2. If we let that be our identity we wouldn't have this many issues. I really hope Okoro is okay because I don't think we can win another game without him.

You can do that til the opponent packs in a zone and dares you to shoot the 3. You have to have a couple of zone busters then.

Happy AU won the game but that was some terrible basketball in the second half. For the life of me I dont understand why we stayed in a zone defense when they literally were getting wide open shot after wide open shot.  When we were in man defense the open 3s were cut in half or more. Bruce has forgotten more than I will ever know about coaching but can someone here explain the rationale behind staying in zone when they were shooting us out of it over and over? Finally I would have rather had them lose the game than have Okoro injured. I am hoping and praying it's just a pull or something and not a major injury.  

14 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The only question is how many of us will be alive to attend? 😂

That was the most gutty. Gut check resilient win yet. Bama had all the momentum and we just came out hooooot in OT. We really survived a team making 22 threes. UN real. This team def has a lot of heart, will and desire. I totally thought we would lose when we went in to OT. War Eagle fam.

I just can't get too excited about this win until I know how okoro is. But man it didn't look good at all. I really hope he's ok. I don't want that to be the last time we see him in a Auburn Jersey. He was dominant tonight!

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That was the most gutty. Guy check resilient win yet. Bama had all the momentum and we just came out hooooot in OT. We really survived a team making 22 threes. UN real. This team def has a lot of heart, will and desire. I totally thought we would lose when we went in to OT. War Eagle fam.

I just can't get too excited about this win until I know how okoro is. But man it didn't look good at all. I really hope he's ok. I don't want that to be the last time we see him in a Auburn Jersey. He was dominant tonight!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That is great news. Isaac needs all the time and rest he can get. This is an opportunity for Auburn to get other players step up. Cambridge, Flanigan, and Johnson--your time has come.

Archived