Powell endorses Biden, says Trump is a liar and a danger to the nation

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I think its ironic after the waste of the last 3+ years.

You think the GOP needing to redefine itself after the last 3+ years is ironic? I don't follow. 

Do you disagree that there is division in the party and that many Republicans would like to find a path forward that doesn't involve the brand of politics favored by the party's current leader?

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You think the GOP needing to redefine itself after the last 3+ years is ironic? I don't follow. 

Do you disagree that there is division in the party and that many Republicans would like to find a path forward that doesn't involve the brand of politics favored by the party's current leader?

Yes, I think it's very ironic that a democrat is asking about party unification. Especially after the past 3 plus years that included a democratic nomination rigged for the establishment, the expansion and division between Bernie/progressive wing and the establishment, and the lack of interest in finding a single candidate that was wanting any semblance of unifying the party or the country.

But that's just me.

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, I think it's very ironic that a democrat is asking about party unification. Especially after the past 3 plus years that included a democratic nomination rigged for the establishment, the expansion and division between Bernie/progressive wing and the establishment, and the lack of interest in finding a single candidate that was wanting any semblance of unifying the party or the country.

But that's just me.

Wow. 

On 6/8/2020 at 5:49 PM, jj3jordan said:

Couldn’t care less what Colin Powell says. Not a conservative not a republican. 

and that right there is your problem. you care only about your own interests and not the whole country.`and you think you are a patriot. well maybe for the right? but your support of trump defines you more than anything bad i could ever think of to say.

On 6/9/2020 at 5:02 PM, bigbird said:

Because the Dems did such a bang up job post Obama. 4 years to focus the message and groom the candidate and we get Biden? Uggh

You are missing the point.  Obama didn't redefine the Democratic party in ways that are totally inconsistent with the party's modern history.  Trump has done that with the GOP.

But even before Trump, the GOP made a political pact with the far right/evangelical/racist segments of voters. Trump has leveraged that to a radical level.  Hopefully - since that doesn't represent a majority of the country -  they are going to pay a price.  

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

I've never supported Trump. I've also never been one that can't see the hypocrisy applied to his administration. I've always wanted a chance at a good candidate. Unfortunately we weren't given that. It really didn't have to be a vote against Trump. It could've been so easy for the Dems.

It was always going to be a vote against Trump.

Biden wasn't my first choice either. 

But I'll be damned if I can find enough negatives associated with him to think his candidacy could possibly change the dynamics of this election being a referendum on Trump.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

But that's just me.

David, is that you?  ;D

On 6/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, wdefromtx said:

But he’s going to solve all the problems......😂

Wait he’s had 40+ years creating problems along with the rest! 🤦‍♂️

It's ok.... he doesn't remember any of it so it's like starting over for him. Poor guy. 

What I sometimes think about is if you’re a 20 something, who in the candidate pool do you look at and say, “I really relate to that person, and they can relate to me.”

12 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It's ok.... he doesn't remember any of it so it's like starting over for him. Poor guy. 

That's great.....for him!!! Not for the people he has duped over the years!! LMAO

20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

What I sometimes think about is if you’re a 20 something, who in the candidate pool do you look at and say, “I really relate to that person, and they can relate to me.”

There was a time when "Would he be a good guy to have a beer with?" was a legitimate criterion for me. It still is, (but it was then, too, love ya forever Mitch Hedburg) but it has receded significantly in the pecking order. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

but it was then, too, love ya forever Mitch Hedburg

MH gone way too soon. 

On 6/10/2020 at 5:19 PM, aubiefifty said:

and that right there is your problem. you care only about your own interests and not the whole country.`and you think you are a patriot. well maybe for the right? but your support of trump defines you more than anything bad i could ever think of to say.

The point is the left (you in this case) is trumpeting the comments of Powell because he used to be a somewhat fake republican and is "distancing" himself from the current republican president. But he isn't and never has been a real conservative republican, only a RINO. He has been irrelevant for a while.  You could not be more wrong about me. I care only about the country.  If the country succeeds, so do we all.  I believe conservatism is the right way to govern the country.  Nobody even gets close. But Trump is the obvious choice over Hillary or Biden. No contest. Will Trump win? Who knows. If he does it won't be with the Russians or Ukraine or any other ridiculous excuse for democrats losing.  At some point the left should really just accept that they lost in 2016 and quit trying to destroy Trump.

Archived