What is everyone experiencing real life vrs media?

SaturdayGT

I see a lot of stuff that's really disturbing on the news, social media and on forums like these. I've seen lots of videos of  racial violence all around. I'm sure there is......I have a part time job in retail. My first job I am surrounded by 4 people for 8hrs a day, 5 days a week....group think is pretty confined.....my part time job is in retail where I work up to 30hrs a week. I work with well over a hundred employees, half black and half white approximately.....I see and interact with hundreds of people, of all ethnicities every week........  I just don't pick up the rise in hate in the real world as I pick up in the media. ..watch the media, and a civil war is breaking out... ..in the real world? I actually feel the world is more cordial than ever!....I mean I go to work and expect that I'm going to be looked at as an enemy by black people based on what I see and read, but admittedly, I am doing a little extra to on my part knowing the racial issues of the day, but I see the same returned to me, and I've had discussions where we all agree how inaccurate the media represents real , whether it be news, social forums or what have you......I'm just curious who else is experiencing this same thing?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I see is people smiling at each other, most from behind a mask. Holding doors for each other and the like. The racist "I hate you because of your skin color" stuff must be happening somewhere besides rural Alabama.

To me it is always easier to hate the *group* than hate the individual.  See Bama as a group opposed to some Bama fans that are reasonable folks.  So, every time I venture out everybody seems very polite and considerate of each other.  The media love to stoke the flames, don’t buy into it.

13 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I just don't pick up the rise in hate in the real world as I pick up in the media. ..watch the media, and a civil war is breaking out... ..in the real world? I actually feel the world is more cordial than ever!.

I see a lot of hate, worse than depicted by the media. Civil war any day in my thinking

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

What I see is people smiling at each other, most from behind a mask. Holding doors for each other and the like

I see people angry and slamming doors on one another.

..........just trying to get a "like" from ICHY guys.

one of my best friends who is a killa geetar player has spent one night the last two weekends......all night drinking apple pie moonshine with his neighbor who is black and they watch each others backs and property.. hell they stood by the fence and drank until sunup both nights. i am pretty sure good news does not sell or something. i see video's of so much hate and i think lord this will never end. as much as me and mickey go at it i bet you he would be completely respectful to me if we ever met. and i would be the same to him. hell my biggest rival on here is someone i would love to have a beer with. he is a marine and i respect marines. hell i cannot remember his name now but i see him on the football section. i believe in right and wrong as i believe most on here do as well but i also believe a lot of just like to argue. at the end of the day i have no hate for anyone on this board so far. frustration? sure hate? nope. and if i think i went to far i am humble enough to apologize.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

To me it is always easier to hate the *group* than hate the individual.  See Bama as a group opposed to some Bama fans that are reasonable folks.  So, every time I venture out everybody seems very polite and considerate of each other.  The media love to stoke the flames, don’t by into it.

i hated bear bryant until i read his book. after punt bama punt when he went and called us that cow college i was livid and hated him for years. but after the game he went in front of the auburn student cheering section and saluted the fans and they went ape sh*t. if you ever want to read a funny laugh out loud book go read the legend of bear bryant my mickey herkowitz i believe. the stories would have any fan laughing.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

one of my best friends who is a killa geetar player has spent one night......all night drinking apple pie moonshine with his neighbor who is black. hell they stood by the fence and drank until sunup both nights. i am pretty sure good news does not sell or something. i see video's of so much hate and i think lord this will never end. as much as me and mickey go at it i bet you he would be completely respectful to me if we ever met. and i would be the same to him. hell my biggest rival on here is someone i would love to have a beer with. he is a marine and i respect marines. hell i cannot remember his name now but i see him on the football section. i believe in right and wrong as i believe most on here do as well but i also believe a lot of just like to argue. at the end of the day i have no hate for anyone on this board so far. frustration? sure hate? nope. and if i think i went to far i am humble enough to apologize.

Some take forums such as this way to seriously. They are freaking forums. Get over your sissy self if this means you. Glad you get it fidy.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Some take forums such as this way to seriously. They are freaking forums. Get over your sissy self if this means you. Glad you get it fidy.

i still like to argue 78. and i like to win arguments so i come off being meaner than i am. i am but a humble hippie in real life........

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i still like to argue 78. and i like to win arguments so i come off being meaner than i am. i am but a humble hippie in real life........

The last hippie I argued with blocked me after I called out his perpetuation of blatant lies. At least you're not a sissy and can handle truth. Peace.

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i hated bear bryant until i read his book. after punt bama punt when he went and called us that cow college i was livid and hated him for years. but after the game he went in front of the auburn student cheering section and saluted the fans and they went ape sh*t. if you ever want to read a funny laugh out loud book go read the legend of bear bryant my mickey herkowitz i believe. the stories would have any fan laughing.

I don't care if he did salute and I did read his books.....still detested the old SOB. Ran the most corrupt football program ever.

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

I don't care if he did salute and I did read his books.....still detested the old SOB. Ran the most corrupt football program ever.

i just found the book funny. i am not a bama fan. hell he gave that stud out west ten grand stuffed in a long paper towel tube on some kind that was suck in a bail of hay. they kicked it out of the plane on his property.

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The last hippie I argued with blocked me after I called out his perpetuation of blatant lies. At least you're not a sissy and can handle truth. Peace.

maybe he was on a bad trip......lol

22 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So true....Something about it all makes me think of an old saying or story or what have you, that I personally never heard until recently.  Not that it applies to anyone on either sides of the continuous arguing on here (lol)....But really applies each of us as individuals in regards to how what we argue over no matter the subject....here it is....

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life:

“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Been on one for three years anyway. Still a sissy.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Always got to have a trip buddy for when things go south. 

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

And well you should met him three times on recruiting trips total drunk prick who couldn't even remember/pronounce our names. 

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I was at the game and I don't remember him doing a salute unless it was the one finger kind. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

And well you should met him three times on recruiting trips total drunk prick who couldn't even remember/pronounce our names. 

Yes sir. Moved to Tuscaloosa junior and senior year of high school . Around the man on a few occasions as youngster. 

Suggested reading about a real hero. "Life and Times of Coach Ralph Shug Jordan"

Ralph “Shug” Jordan: One of 156,000 U.S. troops who stormed the beaches of Normandy on June 6, 1944, Jordan took a piece of shrapnel in the left shoulder and vanished. Fellow soldiers found him leaning against a piece of equipment in shock, and it took three days to get him help.

I'm seeing no hate from Black people directed at anyone I know here in MS. I am seeing some dumb@$$ white people sprinkled here and there. One house nearby is truly a sad image to behold and I'm shocked it is still not burned to the ground. But people are getting along and being friendly and courteous to each other from what I see. The Bible Belt has a lot of good things going for it too. Most of us are good people who respect each other whether we're portrayed that way or not to the rest of the country. 

Personally the people I am physically around frequently, nothing has changed. We seldom talk about the nonsense. The stuff I see on Facebook makes me wonder exactly how any peace is possible. 

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I was at the game and I don't remember him doing a salute unless it was the one finger kind. 

I was there too and if he did salute the Auburn fans, this is the first I've ever heard of it. It would have been totally out of character for Bryant to do that.

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

yeah, well you drink pabst too with all that good stuff out there. they had a picture..................

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

yeah, well you drink pabst too with all that good stuff out there. they had a picture..................

Nope never in my entire life had a drink while attending a game 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Nope never in my entire life had a drink while attending a game 

Me either. I want to see the game clearly. After it's over there's plenty of time to celebrate or drown sorrows, whichever is appropriate.

Just now, Mikey said:

Me either. I want to see the game clearly. After it's over there's plenty of time to celebrate or drown sorrows, whichever is appropriate.

Same here 

Archived