Now a coin flip

SocialCircle

7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Let’s see all of the debates then. I’m willing to take my chances. It will be interesting to see if Biden is so inclinded. 

What makes you think he isn't? :dunno:

Sounds like you've really bought into this "hiding in his basement" meme wholesale.  (I am not surprised.)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SocialCircle said:

Comparing the energy levels between these two men is startling. I don’t like Trump, but I can admit he has incredible energy. 

So did Ernest T. Bass. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

I think Trump was a lock to win until the pandemic. Then I really thought the pandemic would cost Trump this election. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over time. Too many unknown events to know and only time will tell. 

You talk like the pandemic is history.  It's not.

54 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's already indicated that he is.

Which brings me to another point - how on earth has this notion that Biden is some mindlessly rambling, addled geezer taken root amongst the Trumpettes yet they don't hear the regular incoherent word salads of nonsense coming from Trump's mouth?

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

He's already indicated that he is.

Which brings me to another point - how on earth has this notion that Biden is some mindlessly rambling, addled geezer taken root amongst the Trumpettes yet they don't hear the regular incoherent word salads of nonsense coming from Trump's mouth?

I don't have a clue why anybody thinks this about Biden.  

https://pjmedia.com/election/matt-margolis/2019/11/12/the-top-21-biden-gaffes-of-the-2020-campaign-so-far-n43146

2 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

You frequently cherry pick only portions of someone's post to respond to and leave the part you don't have a good answer for ignored.

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You frequently cherry pick only portions of someone's post to respond to and leave the part you don't have a good answer for ignored.

Now you are a mind reader.  Your brilliance continues to amaze me.  

28 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Now you are a mind reader.  Your brilliance continues to amaze me.  

Once is an aberration, a mistake.  Two or three times is a pattern.

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Once is an aberration, a mistake.  Two or three times is a pattern.

Come on man......Biden's gaffes are low hanging fruit. 

And I don't even like Trump and I agreed he sometimes doesn't speak clearly.  I will say those against him in the media too often spin what he does say to mean the worst thing possible.  

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

You talk like the pandemic is history.  It's not.

I never said it was history and I'm not responsible for how you interpret my words. 

5 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Come on man......Biden's gaffes are low hanging fruit. 

And I don't even like Trump and I agreed he sometimes doesn't speak clearly.  I will say those against him in the media too often spin what he does say to mean the worst thing possible.  

No one is denying that Biden commits regular verbal gaffes.  Biden does.  GW Bush did.  I simply question why you don't seem to interpret Trump's frequent nonsensical word salads and disconnected ramblings as indicative of some mental impairment the way you do with Biden.  

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If verbal gaffes make you think Biden is addled, you should be at least as concerned about Trump.

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No one is denying that Biden commits regular verbal gaffes.  Biden does.  GW Bush did.  I simply question why you don't seem to interpret Trump's frequent nonsensical word salads and disconnected ramblings as indicative of some mental impairment the way you do with Biden.  

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.  If verbal gaffes make you think Biden is addled, you should be at least as concerned about Trump.

Trump and GWB just aren't very good or eloquent speakers. Trump is especially unpolished. Biden is someone who seems confused as to even where he is at times.  It is a very different kind of mental disconnect with Biden that it is with Trump or GWB. 

3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Trump and GWB just aren't very good or eloquent speakers. Trump is especially unpolished. Biden is someone who seems confused as to even where he is at times.  It is a very different kind of mental disconnect with Biden that it is with Trump or GWB. 

Bull****.  Bush was a decent speaker, but frequently mispronounced words and here and there would mangle a sentence.  Trump gets asked a question and responds with multiple sentences strung together that neither answer the question, nor have much to do with the sentence that came before it.  Biden has a stuttering problem that sometimes gets him tongue tied (and ends up with a nonsense line or two) or takes him a couple of extra beats to get a thought out.

You're making a distinction without a difference.

It's not that trump doesn't intelligently articulate his thoughts. It's that his thoughts are inarticulate. He says *exactly* what he's thinking. He's an angry, petulant, unintelligent monkey man. Which isn't the biggest problem we face. It's that he's supported by millions who see themselves in him. A quick skim of ignored but top-quoted posts in this thread quickly confirms that.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Bull****.  Bush was a decent speaker, but frequently mispronounced words and here and there would mangle a sentence.  Trump gets asked a question and responds with multiple sentences strung together that neither answer the question, nor have much to do with the sentence that came before it.  Biden has a stuttering problem that sometimes gets him tongue tied (and ends up with a nonsense line or two) or takes him a couple of extra beats to get a thought out.

Speaking as someone who really doesn't like either one of these candidates; we absolutely disagree and in a big, big way. 

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

Speaking as someone who really doesn't like either one of these candidates; we absolutely disagree and in a big, big way. 

Stop the presses!

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Regardless if one approved or disapproved of GWB, he is at least a decent person. Not sure why he'd put them in the same category. You can also tell that Bush probably regrets decisions regarding Iraq with all his involvement with Wounded Warriors etc. 

If someone wants to talk about Biden's gaffes, they need to acknowledge the crap that comes out of Trump's mouth.

Regardless, these skits are hilarious. I'm sure we will get some Biden ones in the future. LMAO

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

I never said it was history and I'm not responsible for how you interpret my words. 

I said you talk as if it were:-\

For example, by saying you once thought Trump was finished because of the pandemic, which clearly implies you now think that's no longer the case.  (I could go look it up and quote it verbatim, but why bother?)

So either you 1) feel people have changed opinion on Trump's handling of it (they haven't) or 2) you think the worst of the pandemic is over.

I think that's a pretty logical interpretation.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I said you talk as if it were

For example, by saying you once thought Trump was finished because of the pandemic, which clearly implies you now think that's no longer the case.  (I could go look it up and quote it verbatim, but why bother?)

So either you 1) feel people have changed opinion on Trump's handling of it (they haven't) or 2) you think the worst of the pandemic is over.

I think that's a pretty logical interpretation.

Very poor analysis on your part.  

25 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Very poor analysis on your part.  

How so? :dunno:

You said: "I think Trump was a lock to win until the pandemic. Then I really thought the pandemic would cost Trump this election."

That certainly sounds like you think the pandemic is no longer an issue or at least the issue it was.  Responding that it's not over is a perfectly rational, succinct reaction.

Just own it.  Stop being such a snowflake.:no:

25 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Agree on all counts.

Bush was a decent speaker but I think he was a lot more intelligent than he came across.

I don't recall Trump stringing two or more complete sentences together to make a coherent point since he started running for POTUS.  

As for Biden, if you are aware he has a stuttering issue and think about it while he talks, it becomes much more apparent.  I wonder just how much of this irrational bias towards Biden's intelligence comes from a subliminal response to it by people who aren't aware of it.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

As for Biden, if you are aware he has a stuttering issue and think about it while he talks, it becomes much more apparent.  I wonder just how much of this irrational bias towards Biden's intelligence comes from a subliminal response to it by people who aren't aware of it.

It comes from nothing more than him being on the other team.  If he were a Republican, it wouldn't be an issue for them.

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's not that trump doesn't intelligently articulate his thoughts. It's that his thoughts are inarticulate. He says *exactly* what he's thinking. He's an angry, petulant, unintelligent monkey man. Which isn't the biggest problem we face. It's that he's supported by millions who see themselves in him. A quick skim of ignored but top-quoted posts in this thread quickly confirms that.

And just like the reality host he is, he's always very tuned in to creating a shock factor - that's entertainment! 

His focus is always more on generating conflict than communicating reason.  Conflict is the bread and butter of "reality" shows as it is with much entertainment.

12 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It comes from nothing more than him being on the other team.  If he were a Republican, it wouldn't be an issue for them.

No doubt.

But I just noticed personally that I heard him in a different light once I started looking for him fighting the stutter as he spoke.

19 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Regardless if one approved or disapproved of GWB, he is at least a decent person. Not sure why he'd put them in the same category. You can also tell that Bush probably regrets decisions regarding Iraq with all his involvement with Wounded Warriors etc. 

Absolutely. With Bush, I've very much gotten to the point where I can separate what he did- or let happen- as POTUS and who he actually wants to be as a person. 

trump has done nothing but hijack the 24 hr news cycle for 4 years screaming loud and proud about exactly who he is. 

Archived