Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

tomcat

This may blend in with another thread, so mods please move as appropriate.

As a point of consideration...Auburn has hired the likes of Tubs, Chiz, and Malzahn. While passing upon Smart, Christobol, Leach, and Kiffin...among others. 

Why?

If these historical boards are reliable, it is usually too much of this, or too little of that... don’t fit the Auburn culture..et,al

In the mean time it seems we have passed on outright winners, if not coaches providing a punchers chance. I miss the enthusiasm of game day knowing if we don’t win, we at least scare the shat out of people...your thoughts?

I am sooo tired of this loser “Auburn man” bs. Like we are somehow more ethically superior to other schools, all while they out recruit us and whip our tails on Saturdays. 

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

As a point of consideration...Auburn has hired the likes of Tubs, Chiz, and Malzahn. While passing upon Smart, Christobol, Leach, and Kiffin...among others. 

Why?

If these historical boards are reliable, it is usually too much of this, or too little of that... don’t fit the Auburn culture..et,al

In the mean time it seems we have passed on outright winners, if not coaches providing a punchers chance. I miss the enthusiasm of game day knowing if we don’t win, we at least scare the shat out of people...your thoughts?

Freeze is available 

I know Christobol wants to get in the SEC and has made it known he wants to come to Auburn...thought it might have been last year with a win against us in the first game of the season, but Bo and Williams pulled it out...

Why is everyone in love with Cristobal?  
Leach is looking about how I expected in the SEC.

Kiffin is intriguing but I’d want to see more than one good showing against Bama.  

As much as I dislike him I think Smart is the big miss.  Who knows if he sticks once UGa opened up either? 

woulda, coulda, shoulda is right.

13 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I know Christobol wants to get in the SEC and has made it known he wants to come to Auburn...thought it might have been last year with a win against us in the first game of the season, but Bo and Williams pulled it out...

Where is the source about him wanting to come to Auburn? I’ve heard this more than once but I can’t find anything where he actually said this.

11 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I know Christobol wants to get in the SEC and has made it known he wants to come to

Fact

10 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Where is the source about him wanting to come to Auburn? I’ve heard this more than once but I can’t find anything where he actually said this.

You won't see a link to that source, but it's correct information.

Auburn has accepted its place in the SEC. Auburn is fine being the once every 10 year contender. They have accepted that they won’t catch up to Bama, so why even try.

Cristobal would be a great hire and is the anti-Gus. I know that we had a poll here but I’d truly like to know the % of the fan base, completely leaving the buyout out of the equation, that think Gus is the right guy for the AU job at this point. I just can’t believe it even approaches 10% although that might be my own bias. We are in a bad spot.....

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

I’ll take your word for it. Who did he say this to?

If you are going to take his word then why are you asking? Lol I doubt he would tell you anyhow. 

17 hours ago, tomcat said:

Why?

Simple.  And you must be new here.  A long time ago on a Plains far far away Auburn Athletics under the reign of Darth Jacobs The Moron, would only seek out coaches with direct connections to Auburn.  This is how we got stuck with the last two coaches.  Before Jacobs, under the reign of Darth Who Cares, Snatching Tubs from Ole Miss was largely the BOT's idea, spearheaded by either JMR or Lowder.  Cannot remember which one.

16 hours ago, wcware said:

I am sooo tired of this loser “Auburn man” bs. Like we are somehow more ethically superior to other schools, all while they out recruit us and whip our tails on Saturdays. 

the worst is when someone says they want to win like Georgia, but would never want to be as dirty as them 

none of the elite teams are recruiting like that via hopium and good vibes

1 hour ago, DAG said:

If you are going to take his word then why are you asking? Lol I doubt he would tell you anyhow. 

To know where it came from? Taking his word for it and asking where it came from are not mutually exclusive.

27 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

To know where it came from? Taking his word for it and asking where it came from are not mutually exclusive.

Then you really don’t take his word for it if you need confirmation from his source. Nevertheless, he isn’t going to tell you that nor should he.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Then you really don’t take his word for it if you need confirmation from his source. Nevertheless, he isn’t going to tell you that nor should he.

Thanks for telling me how I feel. 😂 I’m just curious who Cristobol said that to. My interest in knowing that doesn’t equate to doubting Bird’s knowledge on the subject. If it’s a case of him not being able to reveal sources, then that’s obviously ok, too, and doesn’t make me doubt him.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Thanks for telling me how I feel. 😂 I’m just curious who Cristobol said that to. My interest in knowing that doesn’t equate to doubting Bird’s knowledge on the subject. If it’s a case of him not being able to reveal sources, then that’s obviously ok, too, and doesn’t make me doubt him.

Basically what I am saying is it was a dumb question to ask on a public forum. Who told you that Cristobal wants to leave Oregon? Perfect way to lose valuable resources.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Basically what I am saying is it was a dumb question to ask on a public forum. Who told you that Cristobal wants to leave Oregon? Perfect way to lose valuable resources.

Can you show me where Bird said he was the one who had firsthand knowledge about it because if he did, I obviously would not have asked a “dumb question” asking him to reveal who told him that. Geesh Louise, if you had let Bird speak for himself he probably would have replied with something like “I know, but can’t reveal that” I would have probably responded with a “gotcha” or liked his response and THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT. 🤪

and @bigbird, I’ve been a member of this board since 2004. I hope you know I would never try to get you or anyone else to reveal a source. I didn’t know it was you that had firsthand knowledge.

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Can you show me where Bird said he was the one who had firsthand knowledge about it because if he did, I obviously would not have asked a “dumb question” asking him to reveal who told him that. Geesh Louise, if you had let Bird speak for himself he probably would have replied with something like “I know, but can’t reveal that” I would have probably responded with a “gotcha” or liked his response and THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT. 🤪

and @bigbird, I’ve been a member of this board since 2004. I hope you know I would never try to get you or anyone else to reveal a source. I didn’t know it was you that had firsthand knowledge.

Yes bird is a lot more professional than me and he probably would’ve responded to that but I couldn’t help but finally say what I was feeling when I read your post. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes bird is a lot more professional than me and he probably would’ve responded to that but I couldn’t help but finally say what I was feeling when I read your post. 

You are one of my favorite posters, but you’re right. It would have been better just to let Bird respond. 😂 Again, I didn’t realize Bird had firsthand knowledge and I was not intending for him to reveal a source nor would I ever attempt to do that with anyone. Because I’ve heard more than one person say it, I thought Cristobol saying that about Auburn was something that might have been commonly known, but not officially cited or documented. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Archived