Bo Nix is a Good Quarterback

Amwest20

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Because I don't know if he's good or not and I'm not dumb and crown people for one game. On the backside I'm very loyal to guys that gave their all over a period of time. So when it's said he's the best QB minus cam I'm going stand up for those guys that sacrificed beforehand.

What type of idiot would say he's better than most QB's when he completed 2/5 downfield passes? No you have to do more than that to be great. But he did what the defense gave him so I can't say he's bad I'm saying I'm waiting to see him being consistent. 

I haven’t seen anybody say he’s the best since Cam.  I don’t feel that way.

Nobody that I’ve seen has classified him as great.  So when you say “No, you have to do more than that to be great”,  who are you talking to?

You say you’re not going to crown him for one game.  I don’t believe anybody’s “crowning” him for anything.  I for instance am simply saying he is a good quarterback from the 19 game sample size at Auburn.  You could simply say you need a bigger sample size to make that determination instead of whatever the hell you’re trying to do.  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Because as far as it's used in my community and culture people will say man why are you hating or why the hate but you don't mean you literally hate anybody. 

I've been on here for a long time......I can't remember more than one time I was wrong about evaluating a player. Nobody has been attacked on this board the way I was during the SW/jj stuff.....and the most I got was I love saying I told you so as if anybody else would do anything different with the things said to me.....

But anyway I say that to say if I'm not objective who is? Who's been more accurate than me? But yet everything I say is questioned? To be honest most really don't deserve to here me break down the strengths and weakness of Bo or anybody else but I do it anyway for a few friends. But I know what I'm talking about and I'll just say we'll see

First off, the way you used hate implied the formal definition thereof. If you had said "hate on," it would have been perfectly clear. I've heard plenty of that usage of hate from those I spend time with (both black and white), so I don't think it's a racial thing, but whatever.

Beyond that, I don't keep a running track of who says what with regard to analysis/predictions for players, so I'm not about to dispute your claim...but I will point out that the pride you're displaying about how we're not good enough for your thoughts, but you still deign to bless us with them because of a few friends, it's quite off-putting. Modesty would serve you well if you really want respect. I'm just sayin'.

Bo has the potential to be very effective (as we saw yesterday), but he has shown inconsistency, and the tendency to get rattled and bail out of the pocket too soon, turn the ball over, etc...Especially on the road.

I don't see anyone crowning him as the best QB in the SEC, or 'best since Cam' crap. 

Whether he ever reaches his potential remains to be seen. Yesterday was a good sign, but he has to show he can play that way consistently.

Heck, the whole team played better across the board. It was refreshing. Even Anders got himself a TD-saving tackle. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've been on here for a long time......I can't remember more than one time I was wrong about evaluating a player. Nobody has been attacked on this board the way I was during the SW/jj stuff.....and the most I got was I love saying I told you so as if anybody else would do anything different with the things said to me.....

But anyway I say that to say if I'm not objective who is? Who's been more accurate than me? But yet everything I say is questioned? To be honest most really don't deserve to here me break down the strengths and weakness of Bo or anybody else but I do it anyway for a few friends. But I know what I'm talking about and I'll just say we'll see

Alright guys... why didn’t anybody tell me we had Mel Kiper on the forum? 

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

First off, the way you used hate implied the formal definition thereof. If you had said "hate on," it would have been perfectly clear. I've heard plenty of that usage of hate from those I spend time with (both black and white), so I don't think it's a racial thing, but whatever.

Beyond that, I don't keep a running track of who says what with regard to analysis/predictions for players, so I'm not about to dispute your claim...but I will point out that the pride you're displaying about how we're not good enough for your thoughts, but you still deign to bless us with them because of a few friends, it's quite off-putting. Modesty would serve you well if you really want respect. I'm just sayin'.

Like you said you don't keep up so you don't know what I've experienced here so you can take it for what it's worth but yeah having the balls to step out and say things and then get attacked but in the end you're right. Yeah I'm arrogant to a nobody trying to force me to say something that's stupid in my eyes and then people jumping siding.

As far as the racial thing I don't know what your experience is I just know you were talking about definitions and such and I know I've never said I hate anybody so I offered you a way you could've misinterpreted anything. Now if you don't see that then you just don't want to.

And off subject I've never heard hate on in my life but I think it's funny as hell and you made me laugh so appreciate it

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Like you said you don't keep up so you don't know what I've experienced here so you can take it for what it's worth but yeah having the balls to step out and say things and then get attacked but in the end you're right. Yeah I'm arrogant to a nobody trying to force me to say something that's stupid in my eyes and then people jumping siding.

As far as the racial thing I don't know what your experience is I just know you were talking about definitions and such and I know I've never said I hate anybody so I offered you a way you could've misinterpreted anything. Now if you don't see that then you just don't want to.

And off subject I've never heard hate on in my life but I think it's funny as hell and you made me laugh so appreciate it

Wow....a nobody bragging about having the balls to say something unpopular and calling somebody else a nobody.  What a complex situation.

24 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

By the way, if anyone of y'all can kick a football, send in your video to the Titans. Gostkowski is killing 'em. 

Bo can punt really well. 

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It means he's middle of the pack, statistically.

Of course, the other side of it is that he's better than half of the QBs, which puts him in the top half, i.e. above average....

He's average...and well below average in completion percent...I think he is still 13th in the SEC in Comp %.

Why dont you guys agree to disagree and move on. Cole, I definitely see where you are coming from but on the other hand I can see where the way you used it could be misconstrued.  Bo is definitely a work in progress and he is improving. Everyone's opinion is welcome and open for discussion, no need to continue to emphasize a word and hows it's used, especially when the user explained what he meant by it. Peace, love and SOOOUUUULLLLL! WAR EAGLE!!

5 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Why dont you guys agree to disagree and move on. Cole, I definitely see where you are coming from but on the other hand I can see where the way you used it could be misconstrued.  Bo is definitely a work in progress and he is improving. Everyone's opinion is welcome and open for discussion, no need to continue to emphasize a word and hows it's used, especially when the user explained what he meant by it. Peace, love and SOOOUUUULLLLL! WAR EAGLE!!

You’re right. I agree to disagree.  War Eagle 

8 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I just wrote my opinion and explained it and I guess I'm going to be made to say something that I don't believe. I don't have anything to argue about. Another person chimed in and essentially said the same thing I did.

Just from x and o's this was a very basic game. There wasn't any adversity and we pretty much stayed ahead of the down and distance game. I have always thought Bo has done well when things go his way. When he over comes some adversity I'll be able to analyze him more.

Really off that game yesterday you have abunch of people over reacting because they are super excited we won a game we thought we wouldn't. 

I was much more impressed with his game beforehand. But I'm not saying he sucks or anything. I know he's at least average I'm trying to judge is he the type of QB that can carry a team. That's all

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I just wrote my opinion and explained it and I guess I'm going to be made to say something that I don't believe. I don't have anything to argue about. Another person chimed in and essentially said the same thing I did.

Just from x and o's this was a very basic game. There wasn't any adversity and we pretty much stayed ahead of the down and distance game. I have always thought Bo has done well when things go his way. When he over comes some adversity I'll be able to analyze him more.

Really off that game yesterday you have abunch of people over reacting because they are super excited we won a game we thought we wouldn't. 

I was much more impressed with his game beforehand. But I'm not saying he sucks or anything. I know he's at least average I'm trying to judge is he the type of QB that can carry a team. That's all

AKA I gotta get the last word in.  

7 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

AKA I gotta get the last word in.  

No it's a poster that I actually respect so he received an explanation as opposed to you have quoted me 4 times now and I wouldn't reply because you're a joke. So you don't get explanations. Only you think me and you are arguing. I haven't even been replying to you. So how could I want a last word? You've been talking to yourself. But continue to do so

Auburn has a pretty crap history at quarterback quite frankly. Historically a running team until recently. Bo is already around or in the top 10 of Auburn quarterbacks.

Does that mean he's great? Not yet but based off Auburn's history he's already breaking into the top tier.

Cam Newton and Nick Marshall were dual threats we'll probably never see the likes of again.

Stidham may have been the best "traditional" quarterback we've ever had.

Jason Campbell is mad underrated. 

White, Cox, Sullivan, and Craig's TD-INT ratios weren't pretty. Though Sullivan gets a pass as a legend.

After that there's a lot of average to below average guys.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No it's a poster that I actually respect so he received an explanation as opposed to you have quoted me 4 times now and I wouldn't reply because you're a joke. So you don't get explanations. Only you think me and you are arguing. I haven't even been replying to you. So how could I want a last word? You've been talking to yourself. But continue to do so

Noted: Disagreement with @Cole256 = mega butthurt..... no problem bro

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Auburn has a pretty crap history at quarterback quite frankly. Historically a running team until recently. Bo is already around or in the top 10 of Auburn quarterbacks.

Does that mean he's great? Not yet but based off Auburn's history he's already breaking into the top tier.

Cam Newton and Nick Marshall were dual threats we'll probably never see the likes of again.

White, Cox, Sullivan, and Craig's TD-INT ratios weren't pretty. Though Sullivan gets a pass as a legend.

And Bo has a chance to statistically pass them all just due to starting as a freshman.  

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

So those last guys sort of make an example for me. It's really not all about stats imo. If I'm going to call you great imo you need to be decent at throwing the ball, be a leader, and over come adversity. Not just pile up a bunch of stats against suck teams. And preferably do something special in the big games. 

Once again in my opinion if you're great or actually even good we win because we put the ball in your hands not because we take it out and it's not on everybody else to be good for you to be good. But that's my personal thing and I'm sure everybody for their own. 

Just now, cole256 said:

So those last guys sort of make an example for me. It's really not all about stats imo. If I'm going to call you great imo you need to be decent at throwing the ball, be a leader, and over come adversity. Not just pile up a bunch of stats against suck teams. And preferably do something special in the big games. 

Once again in my opinion if you're great or actually even good we win because we put the ball in your hands not because we take it out and it's not on everybody else to be good for you to be good. But that's my personal thing and I'm sure everybody for their own. 

Oh yeah I get what you're saying. But the kid has won games and played tough. Still think he's average with high ceiling.

4 minutes ago, Amwest20 said:

Noted: Disagreement with @Cole256 = mega butthurt..... no problem bro

Here I'll show you how dumb this is.....what do you disagree with me about? What have I said that's incorrect in your opinion?

Just now, Zeek said:

Oh yeah I get what you're saying. But the kid has won games and played tough. Still think he's average with high ceiling.

That's actually what I've said too! Go figure. Now let's see if everybody gets upset at you. Well I don't know about the played tough part. I'm not saying he hasn't but I don't believe Bo plays in a way different, that's greater or less than any other football player. I feel he goes out there and wants to win like everybody else. But I believe if he can consistently do the amazing plays he does every now and again he can actually be great

Archived