2021 4 * SG Trey Alexander Signs With AU! (Update 11/18/20)

GwillMac6

Like Powell this kid is a natural SG but with his height, athleticism, and ball handling skills he can play 1-3 with him be a little more natural 3 then Powell because of the way he can slash and go to the basket. I could see times having both on the floor at the same time.  This young man will be a scoring machine especially if Sharife is ruled eligible and is here next year.  

Next years team could be scary good:

Center - Stretch and Cardwell (he is improving from game to game had big impact on boards in limited minutes against Memphis).

PF - Smith, Thor, Williams , Moore

SF - Flanagan, Smith, Thor, Cambridge ( he needs to become more consistent or could be on bubble of leaving team), Franklin (Same as Cambridge)

SG - Powell, Alexander, Turbo (same as Cambridge and Franklin), Johnson ( Same as Cambridge and Franklin)

PG - Sharife  (Hopefully), Powell, Flanagan, Alexander

• Love 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

@tigerman1186Alexander can play both guard spots.

I did not know that. So even if Sharife does get crazy and go early, we'll still have Powell and Alexander to run point without getting a JUCO. Good to know.

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I did not know that. So even if Sharife does get crazy and go early, we'll still have Powell and Alexander to run point without getting a JUCO. Good to know.

Not sure we would go for a Juco anyway. Probably more likely to be a grad transfer. And if Cooper leaves after this year I do expect us to try to add one.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 2:19 AM, ellitor said:

Not sure we would go for a Juco anyway. Probably more likely to be a grad transfer. And if Cooper leaves after this year I do expect us to try to add one.

Yeah, I suppose grad transfer would be more logical, just to have a true point for a single year to bridge between Coop and Scoot.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I really think AU fans are sleeping on this guy. I feel like with all the hype around Jabari Smith (deservedly so), Alexander gets forgotten. 

(I said this about JP last year, so I hope I’m proved right again.)

Edited by WarEagle2423
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I really think AU fans are sleeping on this guy. I feel like with all the hype around Jabari Smith (deservedly so), Alexander gets forgotten. 

(I said this about JP last year, so I hope I’m proved right again.)

Read some of my Posts. I have been hyping him since we signed him. I said he is more important to this team then Jabari Smith. I didn't say he was better just more important as he addresses our most pressing area of need. A true scoring SG who can score on his own as he has all the tools pure shooter great handle can drive and score at basket, shoot the three, or do pull up jumpers. Very quick so should be able to play solid D. He will take a lot of the pressure off of PG. Can even be a backup PG if needed.

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

the self creation with him and Cooper on the court at the same time would be insane 

two guys that can get their own shot at an elite level, then Jabari and Flan who does the same positionally and Thor who I think CAN when he's mentally up for it

• Like 2

I’ve been pumped about this kid for a good while!  Even more now that Powell is out next year.  
You can never be real sure about how good a player’s range is from his highlight reel, but at least his highlight reel looks good!  We really need a legit shooter with range next year!  Could it be Trey?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paladin said:

damn. end of a era. I will miss your old avi. RIP old friend. I will pour one out for it tonight. Gone to soon!

12 hours ago, Tigerfinz said:

He looks a good bit like Isaac Okoro from the side.

I see a bit more of Chuma in that side pick. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 5:10 AM, ellitor said:

@tigerman1186Alexander can play both guard spots.

He can but we would be better off and so would he if he is primarily a 2.  That said I am glad for his ball handling skills as he could be a difference maker as a backup PG.

• Like 1