Hugh Freeze

auburn4ever

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Hugh Freeze is now 8-0 after Liberty's win over Western Carolina 58-14.

Not intending to pour cold water on Hugh’s season, but what SEC teams wouldn’t have a great shot at being 8-0 vs this schedule, and what are the chances Liberty would be 8-0 vs any SEC team’s schedule?

Perspective.

E9FED367-0D21-4D8E-A158-CB6EC67938B1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Not intending to pour cold water on Hugh’s season, but what SEC teams wouldn’t have a great shot at being 8-0 vs this schedule, and what are the chances Liberty would be 8-0 vs any SEC team’s schedule?

Perspective.

I appreciate the context and you have a point. However, they just got to the FBS level. I wholeheartedly believe they will beat NC State.

They are a solid football team and have good chance to run the table. 

19 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

On the other hand, If Hugh was coaching Liberty with a roster of several top 10 recruiting classes he might be 6-0 with our schedule. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

On the other hand, If Hugh was coaching Liberty with a roster of several top 10 recruiting classes he might be 6-0 with our schedule. 

He probably would be, but he’s not. Don’t get me wrong, I think HF is a known commodity.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

what are the chances Liberty would be 8-0 vs any SEC team’s schedule?

Perspective.

And, what are the chances that Alabama would be 8-0 in the AFC North? 

What's your point?

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Perspective.

Dumbest GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Perspective.

This is the absolute wrong way to think this way. Hugh is winning with the talent he has and he is beating teams with much more talent. Of course if he he had SEC talent they would be undefeated but he does not! He Has FBS independent talent and has beat two power 5 teams . I don’t think Hugh freeze would have Auburn talent and losing to the likes of USCe. I mean the fact that he has got them so relevant that they are ranked higher than Auburn speaks volume. There should never be a reason this team barely cracks the top 25.

Three years ago everyone wanted Scott Frost.  Two years ago it was Jeff Brohm.  Last year it was PJ Fleck.  How are all those guys doing now?

This year it is Hugh Freeze.  I wonder who it will be next year?

1 minute ago, countoff said:

Three years ago everyone wanted Scott Frost.  Two years ago it was Jeff Brohm.  Last year it was PJ Fleck.  How are all those guys doing now?

The fact that Gus makes us want a new coach every year is the real issue here, not who people say they want. 

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

The fact that Gus makes us want a new coach every year is the real issue here, not who people say they want. 

Yep....and I'm one of them that has been wanting a Gus replacement for several years.

But we have to realize that no "sure bet" coach will be willing to come here (other than Art Briles).  And thus we will be faced with a "crap shoot" replacement for Gus when the time finally arrives.  

12 hours ago, DAG said:

This is the absolute wrong way to think this way. Hugh is winning with the talent he has and he is beating teams with much more talent. Of course if he he had SEC talent they would be undefeated but he does not! He Has FBS independent talent and has beat two power 5 teams . I don’t think Hugh freeze would have Auburn talent and losing to the likes of USCe. I mean the fact that he has got them so relevant that they are ranked higher than Auburn speaks volume. There should never be a reason this team barely cracks the top 25.

Not to mention his development of Malik Willis. 

3 hours ago, countoff said:

Auburn’s best head coach is always tied up coaching somewhere else. Go figure.

3 hours ago, countoff said:

And every name you mentioned is without a doubt a better coach than Gus!!  Not even close!   

4 hours ago, countoff said:

I'll still gladly take Frost!

6 hours ago, countoff said:

But we have to realize that no "sure bet" coach will be willing to come here (other than Art Briles).  And thus we will be faced with a "crap shoot" replacement for Gus when the time finally arrives.  

Hugh Freeze is not a *sure bet* coach, neither was Frost, PJ nor Brohm.  A coach with a vision for a program and can sell that to the school is the best you can hope for.  Then it is up to the coach to set his vision in motion and succeed.  The greatness is when faced with adversity, how does he respond.

The *crap shoot* comes in when the people hiring the coach have no clue how to evaluate a prospective coach. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:01 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

Perspective.

Good point....however, Liberty does not have upper tier SEC talent.

If Gus was let go after this year, I still believe Auburn could go after Mario Cristabol, Hugh Freeze, Billy Napier or maybe Brent Venables.

On 11/15/2020 at 10:05 AM, Gowebb11 said:

Not to mention his development of Malik Willis. 

Against NC State this past weekend, Malik was 13 of 32, 172 yards, 5.4 yards per attempt, 2 TD's and 3 interceptions.  Maybe he's come back down to Earth?

Archived