And the 2020 winner is ... dangerous distrust

AUFAN78

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Did you not read anything past that, or does it simply not matter to you as much as making sure you got your guy's back no matter what?

Dub did not "lose his s***" over one post.   If that's how you're going to characterize what has transpired here, you're a dishonest participant here.

LMAO, ok so he lost his s**t after Bird's comment sent him over the edge. Does it really matter why he lost his s**t? No he lost it end of story. Basically he got upset for bird calling out the left and responded with whining that the right didn't call out posters for accusing Biden of stuff. 

Oh and I have read enough past bird's comment to know what message bird is conveying here and he isn't wrong. But for you to try to tell me that I have my guy's back no matter what is quite laughable. All you have done is try to downplay or minimalize things he has pointed out to make sure you have your liberal buddies backs.

What I got out of bird's message was that part of the problems we face today is that both sides won't own up to their own wrongdoings and just think that their side is right and the other is wrong. All he did was use the same tactics towards some on here that they do everyday to others. Both right and left sides. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

LMAO, ok so he lost his s**t after Bird's comment sent him over the edge. Does it really matter why he lost his s**t? No he lost it end of story. Basically he got upset for bird calling out the left and responded with whining that the right didn't call out posters for accusing Biden of stuff. 

You guys don't even try anymore.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

You guys don't even try anymore.

Don't try what? If you are referring to Social Circle, I have gone round and round with him. But I don't recall seeing whatever he accused Biden of. I largely started to try to ignore what he said......

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'd just chalk it up to a bad person that doesn't know how to treat people decently.

Apparently there are a lot people that support this type of treatment of others. 

15 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We have a bit more happening here than just “differing opinions.” We literally have had idiots here who saw no issue with floating rape and incest accusations out there involving a still teenaged girl because apparently there are no lines that can’t be crossed when there’s a liberal to defeat. And others that acted like it was just run of the mill political rough and tumble. Don't minimize. 

As I recall, you along with all but one poster, went several days without even discussing the rape of this young girl and, until Dub protested after several days, you took the moral high road with him and, somehow, escaped his wrath.

I thought he was out of line and mentioned it and I instantly became a *bad* person.  I, nor anybody else on this forum, is responsible for his feelings.  He is and only him.  He seems to be going through some personal stuff and it seems to have leaked over to the forum.  No one on this forum should be admonished for expressing their opinions (not talking about posting rumors as facts here).  

You deep diving to excuse his behavior is interesting.

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

As I recall, you along with all but one poster, went several days without even discussing the rape of this young girl and, until Dub protested after several days, you took the moral high road with him and, somehow, escaped his wrath.

That was an error on my part, partly from being too engrossed with the literal firehose of made up bull**** SC was posting Every. Single. Damn. Day. for a while and partly because I wrongly assumed this was something that was more widely reported by legit outlets.  I called him out of the non-factual/lack of evidence part but failed to step back, investigate the specifics, and address the more serious issue regarding those rumors.

I thought he was out of line and mentioned it and I instantly became a *bad* person.  I, nor anybody else on this forum, is responsible for his feelings.  He is and only him.  He seems to be going through some personal stuff and it seems to have leaked over to the forum.  No one on this forum should be admonished for expressing their opinions (not talking about posting rumors as facts here).  

You deep diving to excuse his behavior is interesting.

You didn't get called a "bad person" for saying he was out of line.  You were corrected for using language (twice) in a private message that referred to "her (the niece's) actions" in this situation - as being 14 at the time this supposedly happened she was not capable of informed consent.  There is no "her part" in this.  But you blew it off as us being "PC" about your language and that "we're just speculating at this point."  But the entire point of this is that you don't "speculate" about something like this where the alleged victim is identifiable in the first place.

If you want to concern troll about making excuses, consider checking the bathroom mirror first.

What is funny about this thread is the amount people taking about this "pattern of behavior" when in fact they are an integral part of the pattern. Both sides are equally as guilty but it's ok for one to do it and the other can't? Or perhaps it is just wrong for either side to do it?  If you shake the leaves hard enough the snakes will scurry. 

231kt3.jpg

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Both sides are equally as guilty 

That's the issue.  Both sides are not "equally guilty."  I'm not saying one side is perfectly blameless, but in no way are they equally guilty.  

The quality of the posting on the right side of the political aisle around here is in the basement.  I would kill to see that change as I think there are good arguments for many conservative viewpoints.  But for the most part, the most active participants here on the right look like the scrub team compared to their left-leaning counterparts.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

That's the issue.  Both sides are not "equally guilty."  I'm not saying one side is perfectly blameless, but in no way are they equally guilty.  

The quality of the posting on the right side of the political aisle around here is in the basement.  I would kill to see that change as I think there are good arguments for many conservative viewpoints.  But for the most part, the most active participants here on the right look like the scrub team compared to their left-leaning counterparts.

And the childish like name calling and whining and condescending attitude isn’t scrub team? Lmao 

Perhaps more people would engage in this forum more if people were willing to listen to other peoples viewpoints instead of just jumping straight to name calling and bashing. 

Why would anyone want to engage with some on here, in fact even when you bring facts and proof to back up your statements you have some on here that just get mad and get belligerent then move the goalposts. You can’t engage in that. If the right is the scrub team then the left must be the peewee team because some sure don’t act like adults. 

It doesn’t matter if you think both aren’t equal. Both sides need to straighten up to make things better. That’s just more finger pointing and isn’t going to solve anything. 

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

For the first 10-15 years I on this forum, Titan and I were on opposing sides of most issues. The conversation was often spirited, but usually respectful. I don’t think either of us have changed dramatically in our politics. I will say that the level of discourse from the “right” was much more substantive in regard to policy differences than it has been for the last 4+ years. I miss real policy discussions with folks genuinely interested in solving problems.

48 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You didn't get called a "bad person" for saying he was out of line.  You were corrected for using language (twice) in a private message that referred to "her (the niece's) actions" in this situation

It’s good to know the private messages are not that private.  I will keep that in mind the next time I venture into that arena.  The fact that you believe my opinion was *corrected* shows opinions are not valued.  I explained my position on the subject, both dub and you rejected that opinion, it doesn’t mean I was incorrect.  Dub rejects anything that does not agree with his narrow view of life.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s good to know the private messages are not that private.  I will keep that in mind the next time I venture into that arena.  The fact that you believe my opinion was *corrected* shows opinions are not valued.  I explained my position on the subject, both dub and you rejected that opinion, it doesn’t mean I was incorrect.  Dub rejects anything that does not agree with his narrow view of life.

Good information to know....I was wondering about that too. 

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s good to know the private messages are not that private.  I will keep that in mind the next time I venture into that arena.

You forfeited the right for them to remain private when you mischaracterized why you got jumped on over the subject.  

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The fact that you believe my opinion was *corrected* shows opinions are not valued.  I explained my position on the subject, both dub and you rejected that opinion, it doesn’t mean I was incorrect.  Dub rejects anything that does not agree with his narrow view of life.

You were corrected.  Because it's not an opinion.  The way you referred to her actions implied agency on her part.  And your "explanation" basically doubled down.  

This has turned into a very illuminating thread on multiple fronts.

(Goes to look through old PMs...)

9 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Good information to know....I was wondering about that too. 

2 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

This has turned into a very illuminating thread on multiple fronts.

(Goes to look through old PMs...)

If you don't misrepresent what was said in private on the public boards, you have nothing to worry about.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If you don't misrepresent what was said in private on the public boards, you have nothing to worry about.

So do you actively look through messages to find this or only when your buddies run to you? 

5 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Dub has a history of this childish behavior, possibly fueled by his personal belief of moral superiority. This incident just inched him closer to the edge he had already walked out on some time ago.  Unfortunately, these school yard antics of almost immediate name calling and absolute vitriol for anyone who doesn't agree with you on forums and message boards has become all too common these days. 

That's just BS.  Dub is a highly respected poster on this forum and for good reason.

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So do you actively look through messages to find this or only when your buddies run to you? 

It was in a private message thread I was part of.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'll never understand why talking about POTUS in a political forum suddenly came under scrutiny in 2016/17. 

That's because you don't live in DKW world.  ;)

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It was in a private message thread I was part of.

Makes sense, but I am sure other folks on here would like to know the answer to my question.

Archived