And the 2020 winner is ... dangerous distrust

AUFAN78

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

The right on this F*CKING forum.

Man, I wish we could go back to tan suits and Dijon mustard. 

I wish our disagreements were as paltry as that nowadays. Hell, I would love a debate on abortion, or trans rights, or evolution, or climate change. I wish I had an opponent that could argue a stance like an adult. 

Instead, here we are, and I am left only with bad people to argue with. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I'm done here. Bird's bull**** got a like from another mod, along with 6 other posters I'm at the end of my rope trying to press decency onto indecent people, especially people in power here like Golf. This is what this forum is now: majority morons with a smattering of decent posters, and the only decent people with any power in the poli board are Titan and Tex.

I just can't do it anymore. My temper and disposition won't allow it. We have one deeply flawed side, and the other thinks that shoes go on the head rather than the feet and that accusing your political opponents of rape/inciting riots/finagling with the election process is cool. There's just no point.

Titan, do your damndest to keep this forum from devolving into s***. Some of your mods need to be reined in. 

Good luck, my ideological fellows and reasonable ideological opponents.

Later.  Been a fun decade.

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

...trying to press decency onto indecent people

Let's see... criticize, demean, belittle, name-calling, mischaracterizations, and insult? Yeah you can take your kind of decency back to your safe place as you regroup.  

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Guys, I'm done here. Bird's bull**** got a like from another mod, along with 6 other posters I'm at the end of my rope trying to press decency onto indecent people, especially people in power here like Golf. This is what this forum is now: majority morons with a smattering of decent posters, and the only decent people with any power in the poli board are Titan and Tex.

I just can't do it anymore. My temper and disposition won't allow it. We have one deeply flawed side, and the other thinks that shoes go on the head rather than the feet and that accusing your political opponents of rape/inciting riots/finagling with the election process is cool. There's just no point.

Titan, do your damndest to keep this forum from devolving into s***. Some of your mods need to be reined in. 

Good luck, my ideological fellows and reasonable ideological opponents.

Later.  Been a fun decade.

You are completely FOS, and you've never "debated like an adult" from what I've seen.

On 11/27/2020 at 8:51 AM, bigbird said:

And the left weren't going to? The only difference is the amount of property that would've been destroyed.

Russians!!!! Russians!!!! Russians!!!! 
If you facepalmed or thumbsdowned what bird said, you need sincere psychological help. 

On 11/27/2020 at 8:51 AM, bigbird said:

And the left weren't going to? The only difference is the amount of property that would've been destroyed.

We literally had the exact same scenario four years ago except it was the left who was shocked and disappointed. Not only were there no riots, they didn’t pitch a month long hissy fit in the courts and throw their favorite propaganda source under the bus in favor of new, more fringe, and loonier ones.  This can’t be a serious response. 

16 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We literally had the exact same scenario four years ago except it was the left who was shocked and disappointed. Not only were there no riots, they didn’t pitch a month long hissy fit in the courts and throw their favorite propaganda source under the bus in favor of new, more fringe, and loonier ones.  This can’t be a serious response. 

We have had four years since then. Do you think that riots and looting have been approximately equal between progressives and conservatives since then?

Do you think the likelihood of riots and looting would have been higher if Trump had won? It seems like a very serious response to me.

Are you seriously equating lawsuits and verbal complaints to burning buildings and automobiles?

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

We have had four years since then. Do you think that riots and looting have been approximately equal between progressives and conservatives since then?

I’m saying that to assume such when we literally watched the left handle a loss far better already is speculative at best. 

5 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Are you seriously equating lawsuits and verbal complaints to burning buildings and automobiles?

Frankly, the lying and undermining of the election results by Trump and his most ardent followers and enablers is/has done far more damage to the health of our republic than burning buildings and autos has, and I say that as one who believes violent responses are not right or the best way to convey frustration. 

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wow.  Maybe you do need a break. It seems the stress of differing opinions is a little more than you can handle.

We have a bit more happening here than just “differing opinions.” We literally have had idiots here who saw no issue with floating rape and incest accusations out there involving a still teenaged girl because apparently there are no lines that can’t be crossed when there’s a liberal to defeat. And others that acted like it was just run of the mill political rough and tumble. Don't minimize. 

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

Do you think the likelihood of riots and looting would have been higher if Trump had won? It seems like a very serious response to me.

Good grief man. 

How many "conservatives"  have suffered from multiple police murders, much less general abuse. 

You are ******* clueless.  :no:

14 hours ago, bigbird said:

Let's see... criticize, demean, belittle, name-calling, mischaracterizations, and insult? Yeah you can take your kind of decency back to your safe place as you regroup.  

What a snowflake you are. 

I thought you would be tougher.

Take responsibility for your posts.  It's no sin to clarify - or even backtrack - if you put yourself into a rhetorical or illogical hole and recognize it. 

You're starting to sound a little crazy.

Wow just wow because I like a post I'm being called indecent. When I first read the post after watching turds embarrass us for over 3 hours I read I'm indecent...... quoting Dub "press decency onto indecent people, especially people in power here like Golf."  At first I did not want to respond to Dubs post but calling me an indecent human was too much.  I have never ever moderated in the political threads actually as far as I know I can not moderate in those threads..... only the admin and texas tiger can. Now my memory ain't what it use to be so I could be in correct about that. I'm over 70 years old and just try to enjoy life and bring some light hearted posts occasionally to the political threads. Dubs post was hurtful to me and very personal and I'm sorry he feel that way. Life is too damn short to start name-calling over a like of another poster. There just seems to be a lot of hate or something that I have never seen in my long life. 

Now I know some of you will disagree with me in the way I am taking Dub post and that's OK. I'm still going to like a post or not like a post I'm still going to go after bird all I can and keep A4E aka TOW in line like I've tried for 14 years. I'm going to post all the music posts I can I would hope RIR still post cheerleader photo up dates. 

So carry on and try to enjoy...its too damn short

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

No, the world has changed for the worse in the last 4 years. Period. The scenario is nothing like 2016 because the attitudes and actions taken by the people is night and day different. After 4 years of sowing doubt and distrust and 4 years of inflammatory rhetoric the way people have chosen to respond to disappointment is nothing like 2016. Everyone who is being honest understands that.

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

We have a bit more happening here than just “differing opinions.” We literally have had idiots here who saw no issue with floating rape and incest accusations out there involving a still teenaged girl because apparently there are no lines that can’t be crossed when there’s a liberal to defeat. And others that acted like it was just run of the mill political rough and tumble. Don't minimize. 

Not in this thread and not by me. If one can't differentiate the difference or control their emotions, then maybe they need a break. 

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

What a snowflake you are. 

I thought you would be tougher.

Take responsibility for your posts.  It's no sin to clarify - or even backtrack - if you put yourself into a rhetorical or illogical hole and recognize it. 

You're starting to sound a little crazy.

I take full responsibility for my post and stand by it. Look around there was only one person having a meltdown and it sure as hell wasn't me. I guess it's only okay to generalize half the country if you are left leaning.  It's routinely done here and nothing is said. You should recognize it,  you're one of the biggest perpetrators.

And if I'm starting to sound crazy then maybe you and others will finally start to comprehend what's being said. Lucid and logical have clearly confused y'all for a while.

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow just wow because I like a post I'm being called indecent. When I first read the post after watching turds embarrass us for over 3 hours I read I'm indecent...... quoting Dub "press decency onto indecent people, especially people in power here like Golf."  At first I did not want to respond to Dubs post but calling me an indecent human was too much.  I have never ever moderated in the political threads actually as far as I know I can not moderate in those threads..... only the admin and texas tiger can. Now my memory ain't what it use to be so I could be in correct about that. I'm over 70 years old and just try to enjoy life and bring some light hearted posts occasionally to the political threads. Dubs post was hurtful to me and very personal and I'm sorry he feel that way. Life is too damn short to start name-calling over a like of another poster. There just seems to be a lot of hate or something that I have never seen in my long life. 

Now I know some of you will disagree with me in the way I am taking Dub post and that's OK. I'm still going to like a post or not like a post I'm still going to go after bird all I can and keep A4E aka TOW in line like I've tried for 14 years. I'm going to post all the music posts I can I would hope RIR still post cheerleader photo up dates. 

So carry on and try to enjoy...its too damn short

I'd just chalk it up to a bad person that doesn't know how to treat people decently.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No, the world has changed for the worse in the last 4 years. Period. The scenario is nothing like 2016 because the attitudes and actions taken by the people is night and day different. After 4 years of sowing doubt and distrust and 4 years of inflammatory rhetoric the way people have chosen to respond to disappointment is nothing like 2016. Everyone who is being honest understands that.

You're still speculating.  And worse, your post implies somehow that it's mostly one sides' fault

Maybe if Trump won the left would be more likely to have riots in various cities.  Then again, we have Trump loyalists threatening civil war over the election right now.  We had hardcore righties plot to kidnap a governor and execute her and others on live TV.  This notion that somehow conservatives take the loss the right way while lefties are the real danger isn't based in reality.

Not in this thread and not by me. If one can't differentiate the difference or control their emotions, then maybe they need a break.

But you're the one minimizing and pretending that this thread is the only relevant background to his reaction.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:10 PM, TitanTiger said:

No, we got 3-4 years of excrement 24-7-365 on news shows etc. 95-99% of it wrong.
Then we got rioting...looting...burning...

One show, 3-9-18 of Maddow... 

Money @ 2:12

You cant get crazier than this. YOU JUST CANT. 

DJT  sucked as a President, but some on my side went completely off the rails and stayed there for 4 years.

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

No, we got 3-4 years of excrement 24-7-365 on news shows etc. 95-99% of it wrong.

You cant get crazier than this. YOU HJUST CANT. 

DJT  sucked as a President, but some on my side went completely off the rails and stayed there for 4 years.

And those offended by that or, even worse, flat out denying it are a large part of the problem. Remember, admitting there's a problem is the first step...

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But you're the one minimizing and pretending that this thread is the only relevant background to his reaction.

Mature, rational people are able to separate issues and deal with them constructively.  Unfortunately, Dub has admitted to not having that temperament. Kudos to him for understanding his limitations.

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Then we got rioting...looting...burning...

You cant get crazier than this. YOU HJUST CANT. 

Sure they did.  But this stuff wasn't contextless.  The left didn't just suddenly lose their minds for no reason.  And just on this forum we had multiple people either posting or liking posts and threads where righties floated completely baseless accusations that Hunter Biden was committing incest and statutory rape with his teenaged niece.  And the whole time we had other more rational folks on the right here not even blink and acted like it was run of the mill political hardball stuff.

So, yes, you can indeed get crazier than that.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Mature, rational people are able to separate issues and deal with them constructively.  Unfortunately, Dub has admitted to not having that temperament. Kudos to him for understanding his limitations.

Intellectually honest people understand that threads on a politics board are not isolated silos devoid of connection to ongoing conversations in the same forum.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Intellectually honest people understand that threads on a politics board are not isolated silos devoid of connection to ongoing conversations in the same forum.

Isolated? No. However intellectually competent people don't try and to bring in material that isn't relevant to a conversation to try and justify their childish behavior. Dub's melt had nothing to do with any of the crap HE brought to this conversation. He tried to mitigate it by invoking previous topics and conversations.

Just now, bigbird said:

Isolated? No. However intellectually competent people don't try and to bring in material that isn't relevant to a conversation to try and justify their childish behavior

I'm not saying his behavior was the right way to handle it.  I am saying that pretending it irrationally came out of nowhere is dishonest and you know it, the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "what'd I do routine" not withstanding.  Dub is getting and needs a break.  But quit the innocent, "you got problems, man" stuff.  You know better.  You know this has been building for a while and for good reason.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not saying his behavior was the right way to handle it.  I am saying that pretending it irrationally came out of nowhere is dishonest and you know it, the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "what'd I do routine" not withstanding.  Dub is getting and needs a break.  But quit the innocent, "you got problems, man" stuff.  You know better.  You know this has been building for a while and for good reason.

So what if  it's been building. Mature, rational people don't act out like that. If it's too much to handle, do what he's doing and step away.

What's really funny, I used the exact same type of flippant, generalized attack that many on the left here routinely use towards right leaning posters and topics. Look at the difference in reactions.

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So what if  it's been building. Mature, rational people don't act out like that. If it's too much to handle, do what he's doing and step away.

When the behavior is outrageous and egregious enough, sometimes, yes mature, rational people do act out.  Heck, even Jesus had enough and flipped some tables over.  If the offense is big enough, the reaction to it, even from "rational, mature" people can be forceful and angry.  What Social and others have been doing or supporting around here went from simply dumb rumormongering to evil, all because they wanted their guy to win.  No rumor was off-limits.  If that doesn't piss you off enough to eventually lose your cool over it, it's not Dub who needs to figure out how to handle things.

What's really funny, is I used the exact same type of flippant, generalized attack that many on the left here routinely use towards right leaning posters and topics. Look at the difference in reactions.

Thanks.  Flippant is the perfect word for it.  Consider that the difference in reactions has more to do with what you're reacting that way about than just the fact that you're a "rightie."

Archived