MAR or Tank

RunInRed

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't know man....it's like we're so desperate to have talent we make people stars before they show it, then we amp them up and it turns out they can't hold up to the fake praise we give them

I see what you getting at, but you won't fool me Cole, not again.

Bo Nix is the greatest QB in college football. And no amount of premature scrambling, back foot throws, or eyes closed heaves to wherever Seth is at will change my mind. :lol: And you know he got 10x the throwing power of that noodly armed Hurts.

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

I see what you getting at, but you won't fool me Cole, not again.

Bo Nix is the greatest QB in college football. And no amount of premature scrambling, back foot throws, or eyes closed heaves to wherever Seth is at will change my mind. :lol: And you know he got 10x the throwing power of that noodly armed Hurts.

He's probably number one but we do it with a bunch of people and we do the opposite too, some guys people don't want to support for some reason so they stay on them even when they play well. I don't know wtf is wrong with us man. 

Thorpe was the worst, Hastings was a favorite that would be over hyped. And even when they are decent and deserve recognition we want to make them the best in the country. 

I know everybody have their favorites and not favorites but come on bro. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He's probably number one but we do it with a bunch of people and we do the opposite too, some guys people don't want to support for some reason so they stay on them even when they play well. I don't know wtf is wrong with us man. 

Thorpe was the worst, Hastings was a favorite that would be over hyped. And even when they are decent and deserve recognition we want to make them the best in the country. 

I know everybody have their favorites and not favorites but come on bro. 

Eh, cause Hastings was a good story. walk on kicker that turns into a WR and makes even a couple catches is a cool story.

Neiko? I never got the hate for that guy, I don't pay a lot of attention to DBs usually (I watch LBs), but he seemed legit to me.

And speaking of LBs, Daren Bates didn't get a lot of love, but the second I mentioned how badly J Holland was doing people jumped on me quick 🤷‍♂️

I don't understand it, besides we are AU and will have disdain for our actual stars while never endingly root for our 'underdog' players.... I dunno.

Maybe things change with time, let's see if I get tons of hate for this..... Jake Holland was easily the worst starting LB Auburn has had for 20 years. 

22 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Eh, cause Hastings was a good story. walk on kicker that turns into a WR and makes even a couple catches is a cool story.

Neiko? I never got the hate for that guy, I don't pay a lot of attention to DBs usually (I watch LBs), but he seemed legit to me.

And speaking of LBs, Daren Bates didn't get a lot of love, but the second I mentioned how badly J Holland was doing people jumped on me quick 🤷‍♂️

I don't understand it, besides we are AU and will have disdain for our actual stars while never endingly root for our 'underdog' players.... I dunno.

Maybe things change with time, let's see if I get tons of hate for this..... Jake Holland was easily the worst starting LB Auburn has had for 20 years. 

I talked about that as well always supporting that walk on story and stuff but on the 5 stars hard and then cry when we lose and say we need talent....But lately it's been alot of picking and choosing....

Also cue the guy......I never saw anybody get upset when you talked about Holland. I'm sure nobody was upset that you critiqued him......

I'm telling you guys, the ignore feature is AMAZING. 

Anyway, Jeff Holland was one of the most popular punching bags in site history. Hastings was actually very polarizing. He went back and forth between "LOL wtf is Gus doing letting that kid get practice reps" and "TINY WHITE SAVIOR!!!" like nothing I've ever seen. Almost none of us appreciated Nick Marshall until he was gone. Very few of us ever gave Sean White any credit. Now people are super reluctant to point out Bo's flaws for what they are. @cole256 is right. It's just strange. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

. Now people are super reluctant to point out Bo's flaws for what they are. @cole256 is right. It's just strange. 

I acknowledge he has flaws...isn't super accurate, bad mechanics, loses his head at times.  But he's also not Kodi Burns level bad that some make him out to be. He get's called a trash QB as often as Gus gets called a trash coach...just maybe not on this board.  There's some grey area with his game that folks don't want to seem to recognize.

I'm at the point with our QBs that I'm not sure any of Gus' QBs are actually bad...he's F'd up that position badly since 2015.  ALL of his HS quarterbacks have looked bad...so either all these 4 and 5 star guys suck, or Gus ruins QBs...which is it?

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm telling you guys, the ignore feature is AMAZING. 

Anyway, Jeff Holland was one of the most popular punching bags in site history. Hastings was actually very polarizing. He went back and forth between "LOL wtf is Gus doing letting that kid get practice reps" and "TINY WHITE SAVIOR!!!" like nothing I've ever seen. Almost none of us appreciated Nick Marshall until he was gone. Very few of us ever gave Sean White any credit. Now people are super reluctant to point out Bo's flaws for what they are. @cole256 is right. It's just strange. 

I've never seen a QB get so much of the benefit of a doubt. I posted a SW highlight tape and he had an insane amount of drops, that got talked about minimally when he was here. Absolutely did not have a scheme set up to his success and no trust from the coaching staff. 

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I've never seen a QB get so much of the benefit of a doubt. I posted a SW highlight tape and he had an insane amount of drops, that got talked about minimally when he was here. Absolutely did not have a scheme set up to his success and no trust from the coaching staff. 

I know there were a few of us that tried, but the amount of insane, baseless commentary on him and his ability was almost too much to battle against... almost.

Archived