MAR or Tank

RunInRed

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Tank is definitely RB1. I think MAR solidified himself as our best RB2 candidate.

Don’t be surprised at all when one enters the transfer portal in the off-season. Good players will jump ship while mediocre ones don’t have as many options. 

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Don’t be surprised at all when one enters the transfer portal in the off-season. Good players will jump ship while mediocre ones don’t have as many options. 

Unless Gus Miraculously learns how to utilize 2 quality backs (not likely), then you may be right.

Sample size I've seen of MAR is too small as of yet. I was at a family function Saturday, and didn't get to see him much. What little I did see was impressive. Tank is the best back as a freshman that I've seen since Cadillac. MAR may be just as good. Hard to tell yet.

Give me a healthy OL first....Tank has a higher upside....from what we've seen, not only a good runner, but has good hands too...maybe these next several games we'll get to see what MAR can do....but I still like seeing the Worm carrying the ball...he brings the 'hammer' !!!!!!!!!

Tank is the best RB we’ve had since Cadillac. If he had an OL worth a crap, this dude would be on everybody’s radar after a magnificent freshman season. 

7 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Huge fan of Tank.  But you guys are way underselling MAR.  Mark my words ...

I have been high on MAR since he signed, but honestly....I just don't believe Gus will play MAR enough to matter this year. I do not understand the reasoning. If not for injuries I doubt he would have more than 2-3 carries right now.

3 hours ago, RunInRed said:

And you are underselling tank for asking such a question when MAR has barely played and against back ups. Ridiculous question 

I have not seen enough of MAR or Tank to evaluate completely.  However they both have the highest ceiling of all the running backs and show NFL potential as 3 down backs in the current NFL systems.  I just wish Al was here to run the offense with those two guys in the backfield, these WR's and that stable of Tight Ends.

I don't know man....it's like we're so desperate to have talent we make people stars before they show it, then we amp them up and it turns out they can't hold up to the fake praise we give them

52 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know man....it's like we're so desperate to have talent we make people stars before they show it, then we amp them up and it turns out they can't hold up to the fake praise we give them

100% fact

Tank is physically more advanced right now.  Hard to say which one has reached closer to their peak physically, but I would say MAR may have more to gain in the next year or two simply because the injuries he has dealt with may have set him back some.  But still, it is hard to imagine MAR becoming as physical and as "sudden" as Tank.

Too early to say which player has the better vision and instincts for the position, and the importance of that I think is sometimes overlooked.  Tank has left some yards on the field because of wrong cuts (like all backs do), but he has also had more opportunities.  Tank understands the nuances of how to break tackles and keep his legs. We just haven't seen enough of MAR regarding this stuff.

Give me Tank.

12 hours ago, RunInRed said:

I'm not.  The question shouldn't be either/or.  Both have demonstrable talent & deserve to be playing.  As good as they are right now, imagine how much better they'd look if they had top-notch OL in front of them.  Instead of getting hit behind the line of scrimmage & fighting for a 4-6 yd gain, they could be sprung into open field on the way to the goal line.  (Think Najee Harris's TD run.)  

12 hours ago, RunInRed said:

WHO?   

Seriously, are we guys underselling MAR or are the COACHES under-offering him so that we guys can have even a decent sample size for comparison purposes?

Due to the injuries I think MAR gets the majority of the carries against TA&M so we will get a chance to see more of him.  Of course, with the injuries on the OLine it might not be a fair comparison.  

18 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Tank actually has a body of work to go by. MAR has some garbage time highlights.... Give me Tank everyday and about 20-25 times on Saturdays.

This! 

Archived