Gus has No Shame

AUght2win

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Unreal. I can’t believe he actually said that. What happens if State beat us next week? 
losing sucks. 

It's fine. We're having a solid year.

I don't think that Moo State is a sure-fire win next week. I think that's Gus speaking out of the wrong end of his "Boom" Arse!!!

Hey, making $7M/year and all you have to do is not have a losing season... Is a very solid year.

All we heard with the hiring of Chad Morris as the OC, he likes to use his TE's....well he needs to find out what Jimbo does, because he uses his TE and not just a drop off to them....

He is not wrong. He normally has those out of conference cupcakes to pad his record.

He is 27-31 against Power Five teams with a winning record. 

We can absolutely lose to Moo U next week. Leach is going to find where Tutt is on every play and throw at whoever he's guarding. 

50 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe he's trying to get fired at this point. Makes me sick. 

Screenshot_20201205-153937_Chrome.jpg

That’s pretty damning.  If I’m Allen Greene he’s in my office first thing Monday explaining himself.  Of all the things he’s said and done this may be the thing that gets him fired.  That’s not a competitive mentality 

Not going for it on 4th down with less than a foot set the tone for this game.

Even Gus knew his offense probably wouldn’t make it. Not throwing downfield more than 15 yards the entire game is another lack of desire to win.

2 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Not going for it on 4th down with less than a foot set the tone for this game.

Even Gus knew his offense probably wouldn’t make it. Not throwing downfield more than 15 yards the entire game is another lack of desire to win.

It's hard for me to not compare Auburn coaches. Bruce Pearl is one of the most charismatic and intense coaches I've seen at Auburn. But it goes deeper than that because you can look that Pearl recruits extremely well. But on top of that he has the skill to evaluate talent and also coach them up. Bryce Brown, Jared Harper, and Issac Okoro are just a small sample size of players who either were not very highly recruited by the blue bloods, or weren't realistically supposed to be a one-and-done. Pearl gets the most out of his guys, they love playing for him, and he instills confidence in them by the way he talks about them. He doesn't make excuses, doesn't pass blame, and tells it like it is.

How can we have that type of coach in one sport but just tolerate Gus and his loser mentality? You think Bruce Pearl would ever say a barely over .500 record was solid? What about Butch Thompson? You hire guys that want to win and win every game. Anything less and you're doing a disservice to the young men who have committed to play for you.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

The prayers worked. He seems in good spirits. We should all be happy. 

I laughed out loud. I shouldn't have but I did. 

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe he's trying to get fired at this point. Makes me sick. 

Screenshot_20201205-153937_Chrome.jpg

Funny how that clown assumes the non-conference games are automatic wins when those teams give him all he can handle on the field. Lol. Even funnier is his admission to mediocrity. 8-4 is a solid year for someone who doesn’t expect to win championships. If that’s the case, he should also admit that he shouldn’t be making championship pay. What an asshat. 

In fairness to Gus, Auburn has rewarded him for this attitude. Why wouldnt he think this way?

Archived