Gus has No Shame

AUght2win

22 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe he's trying to get fired at this point. Makes me sick. 

Screenshot_20201205-153937_Chrome.jpg

This is exactly why I like the 10 game conference schedule and hope it continues. It quickly exposes the true weakness of a team. It also ends the padded wins that coaches use to keep their jobs and then say crap like this. Right now, compared to the rest of the SEC, I would have to say we are a lower mid-tier team. Auburn football has been fully exposed this year leaving coaches no where to hide.  

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AURealist said:

I don't believe Gus is apathetic.  I truly believe he wants to win and it pains him to continue to field a mediocre team. 

I wonder if he's yet come to the conclusion most of us have (me, years ago) that the game has passed him by and he is incapable of fielding a team much better than what we've got now.

I'm sure he's realized that this Auburn coaching position is the best and only shot he will ever have to win a National Championship. Knowing that, I'm thinking he won't negotiate an early exit, but may negotiate to serve out his full contract for less.  And we'll probably fall for that because the $7M per annum will no longer be such a glaring point of disgust and, frankly, is such a JABA thing to do. 

We would 100% become a basketball school if this were to happen

23 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Maybe he's trying to get fired at this point. Makes me sick. 

Screenshot_20201205-153937_Chrome.jpg

Well actually that’s true. His is a 4 or 5 loss coach every year problem this year is it’s 10 games instead of 12. Problem is Gus is telling you  Auburn is a 4 or 5 loss team every year expectancy in his opinion. I don’t know about you guys but for 7 million a year I am not feeling good about being a usual middle of the pack team . 🤔 I’m thinking for 7 mil we should be playing with the thought that a two loss season is a bad year. I can assure you uat thinks that way. 

Gus reminds me of a guy who has never played poker showed up one Saturday night and in beginners luck win big. He immediately convinced himself he is the best poker player ever to live and goes back the next week and loses . Decides the second night was just bad luck goes back a third time and gets beat . He is to ignorant to understand he is not as smart as he thought so instead of trying to learn a little and try new strategies he just keeps on losing while  trying to disprove the first night was a fluke. Gus still thinks his offense that he began with is right no matter how often he loses with it. 🤔

How the crap can Gus say "7-3 was the goal but now 6-4 would be considered a solid season" as he totally lost his freakin mind and wants to be fired? it sounds like it.

3 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus reminds me of a guy who has never played poker showed up one Saturday night and in beginners luck win big. He immediately convinced himself he is the best poker player ever to live and goes back the next week and loses . Decides the second night was just bad luck goes back a third time and gets beat . He is to ignorant to understand he is not as smart as he thought so instead of trying to learn a little and try new strategies he just keeps on losing while  trying to disprove the first night was a fluke. Gus still thinks his offense that he began with is right no matter how often he loses with it. 🤔

While betting against poker players that actually went to poker school

Well you know it was a terrible thing to say when he had to come back tonight and correct it. tonight he realized he misspoke and clarified it... said the goal at Auburn is to win championships. he also made excuses about no experience, COVID, etc. He also said he was excited about next year. Yippee!

He feels the heat. I think people in the admin are asking him what the heck he said yesterday. that was brutal. 

On 12/5/2020 at 4:55 PM, Auburn Tiger said:

Funny how that clown assumes the non-conference games are automatic wins when those teams give him all he can handle on the field. Lol. Even funnier is his admission to mediocrity. 8-4 is a solid year for someone who doesn’t expect to win championships. If that’s the case, he should also admit that he shouldn’t be making championship pay. What an asshat. 

Yeah remember JSU 2015? My last straw with him. 

3 hours ago, WFE12 said:

And if not for this absolutely INSANE, individual effort from Peyton Barber we likely lose.

Man, plays like this are forgotten because you never want to recall such an embarrassing close call as a fan, but it's a shame, because if not for this it would have been a TRULY bad memory.

https://youtu.be/FoSuHPeBHCQ&t=8m58s

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Wow. Gus keeps digging that hole deeper. 

Screenshot_20201206-222322_Chrome.jpg

We get one win against these undersized PAC 12 teams, but we lost two straight years to Clemson... also seem to struggle against these nothing Mercer type teams. Idk...we’re better than most non conference, but it never seems to have any relevance to the season 

Doesn't people realize GUSSY wants to be bought out? He wants to sit at home and get paid like Auburn always seems to do with coaches. 

3 hours ago, wde1968 said:

Doesn't people realize GUSSY wants to be bought out? He wants to sit at home and get paid like Auburn always seems to do with coaches. 

Yeah, this is pretty true. Heard from someone that he is in grandpa mode now. 

21 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Well you know it was a terrible thing to say when he had to come back tonight and correct it. tonight he realized he misspoke and clarified it... said the goal at Auburn is to win championships. he also made excuses about no experience, COVID, etc. He also said he was excited about next year. Yippee!

He feels the heat. I think people in the admin are asking him what the heck he said yesterday. that was brutal. 

When he says he is looking forward to next year and still has a game left then he knows he is in deep doo doo , to borrow some Gus talk

20 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah I don’t like to get in a posing match with other posters but I’ve wanted him gone since 15/16

On 12/6/2020 at 3:27 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus is a perfect example of insanity. He keeps making the same mistakes but he expects different results. :brickwall:

“I’ve always been an advocate of playing more games so that every player gets to play every team in the (SEC) East,” Saban said. “And this is certainly going to create that opportunity to a large degree for a lot of our players.”

In a normal season, an SEC team would play the other six teams in its division, East or West, along with one fixed team from the other division it plays every year and another team from the other division that rotates.

Saban said the players benefit from greater competition with an SEC schedule.

“I certainly think that playing 10 conference games makes it very challenging for the players, makes it very challenging for our team,” he said. “It’s very, very challenging, but I think it’s a great opportunity for players to be able to compete.”

“I’ve changed my tune. I’m all for the SEC having nine conference games to equal out the league as far as schedule,” Malzahn told CBS Sports’ Dennis Dodd on Thursday at SEC Media Days in Atlanta. “I think Nick’s been the only one for it.”

Hilarious

Archived