Would we do better with a fire Allen Green campaign?

Eagle Eye 7

I mean it doesn’t look like Allen can or will fire Gus. If we fire Allen then you can bet a new AD will not sign as long as Gus is still HC at Auburn. It would be Career suicide. So maybe if we go after Allen who doesn’t have as much clout then the president will replace him with a guy that will fire Gus. Or maybe Gus sees the writing on the wall and steps up to save Allen’s job🤔

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I mean it doesn’t look like Allen can or will fire Gus. If we fire Allen then you can bet a new AD will not sign as long as Gus is still HC at Auburn. It would be Career suicide. So maybe if we go after Allen who doesn’t have as much clout then the president will replace him with a guy that will fire Gus. Or maybe Gus sees the writing on the wall and steps up to save Allen’s job🤔

Considering the rest of the administration seems more than complacent with mediocrity, I dunno if its suicide really. Seems getting paid the big bucks at Auburn comes with little to no actual merit involved. 

So you think the best course of action is to fire our fairly new AD with zero cause, just to fire the football HC, so both roles can be filled by our interim president? 😂

This isn’t really Greene’s decision to make until the big money decides they are willing fork over the money. Once they do that, then it Greene even begins to have a say in the matter.

7 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

So you think the best course of action is to fire our fairly new AD with zero cause, just to fire the football HC, so both roles can be filled by our interim president? 😂

This isn’t really Greene’s decision to make until the big money decides they are willing fork over the money. Once they do that, then it Greene even begins to have a say in the matter.

Jay Gouge is the worst human being on the planet and a complete idiot. You really want him making this decision?

Fire an AD whose hands have been tied by huge contracts since Day 1? Yet facilitated a culture and environment that produced Auburn's first ever final four and first CWS appearance in 22 years?

No thanks.

16 minutes ago, The Freak said:

No.  Allen has little to do with it.  Not sure why the hate.

6 minutes ago, ArmchairAthlete7 said:

This isn’t really Greene’s decision to make

Ok then. What good is he in the AD position if he is (supposed to be) Gustav's boss?

3 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Ok then. What good is he in the AD position if he is (supposed to be) Gustav's boss?

Bro if it made sense, it wouldn't be Auburn Just Being Auburn. 

2 minutes ago, cctiger said:

That's not really how ADs work.  Look at the pay scales.  That should tell you seomthing.  

Why not just eliminate Auburn athletics? The keyboard warriors are in a frenzy and handing out pitch forks and machine guns. Starting to look and sound like Portland or Seattle.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

"It reminds me of three years ago when we kept hearing the speculation. Let’s try to cut to the chase and talk about the reality. The administration is behind him. You have an athletic director who is all in. You have a president who is an interim and has been through this before Then you have a trustee and a group of boosters who want Gus Malzahn out. It’s really a matter of, do they want to spend the money? And secondly, do they have someone in mind?

You just cannot fire someone like Gus Malzahn, who is successful by record, and bring someone in without knowing what you’re doing. We see that all the time in the country. It usually makes the situation worse." - Paul Finebaum

The only time I believe that we should discuss firing Greene is when it comes time for Greene to hire a new coach and he does the same thing Jay Jacob's did and that was sit on is fat lazy 800K a** and not conduct a coaching search and just hire coachs he is familiar with.

I've been thinking the same thing. Allen Greene has no idea how to be a real AD at a big time University. Wasn't he on Notre Dame's golf team? so he didn't play big time sports at Notre Dame. He probably has never had to hire or fire anyone. Therefore, he's in over his head as Auburn's AD. So yes, he needs to be fired with Malzahn.

1 minute ago, auburn4ever said:

I've been thinking the same thing. Allen Greene has no idea how to be a real AD at a big time University. Wasn't he on Notre Dame's golf team? so he didn't play big time sports at Notre Dame. He probably has never had to hire or fire anyone. Therefore, he's in over his head as Auburn's AD. So yes, he needs to be fired with Malzahn.

Baseball.  

I can't even respond to the rest.  Too ridiculous.

5 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

You just cannot fire someone like Gus Malzahn, who is successful by record, and bring someone in without knowing what you’re doing. We see that all the time in the country. It usually makes the situation worse." - Paul Finebaum

Successful record!!!? Maybe at Moo State or Vandy. And as far as making the situation worse; Tell that to bama after they fired Shula, and to Clemson after they let Bowden go. Auburn is definitely no Moo State, Vandy, or for that matter USCe or Mizzou.

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

No.  Allen has little to do with it.  Not sure why the hate.

No hate just asking if we stand a better chance of getting rid of Gus. I have no doubt Allen dies not have the ability to fire Gus. So if He gets fired no AD is going to take the job without Gus being gone. 

31 minutes ago, cctiger said:

Successful record!!!? Maybe at Moo State or Vandy. And as far as making the situation worse; Tell that to bama after they fired Shula, and to Clemson after they let Bowden go. Auburn is definitely no Moo State, Vandy, or for that matter USCe or Mizzou.

That successful record of 8-4 or 7-5 includes three and sometime four patsies that we pay a lot of money to let us win.

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No hate just asking if we stand a better chance of getting rid of Gus. I have no doubt Allen dies not have the ability to fire Gus. So if He gets fired no AD is going to take the job without Gus being gone. 

People will be lined up for that job with or without Gus.  Gus is someone else's mistake, the new guy/gal would get to make the splash hire.  And by make the hire, I mean make the announcement at who the PTB wanted, lol.

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

People will be lined up for that job with or without Gus.  Gus is someone else's mistake, the new guy/gal would get to make the splash hire.  And by make the hire, I mean make the announcement at who the PTB wanted, lol.

That’s what I’m saying they would have to know up front that Gus was gone either before or as soon as they are hired .

56 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

Why not just eliminate Auburn athletics? The keyboard warriors are in a frenzy and handing out pitch forks and machine guns. Starting to look and sound like Portland or Seattle.

That’s what we need more losers like you trying to keep Auburn losing. Are you Gus’s kid or a live in relative?

Judging by the salary of the AD position, I doubt anyone would really care.  Like I said, he was someone else's mistake.  Just like AG.  I would be ready to move him along too if he had anything to do with that, but it was all JJ/search committee.  JJ's retirement was a good day for Auburn.

Would we do better with a fire Allen Green campaign?

Doesn't matter. The AD is essentially a puppet to the PTB anyway.

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Jay Gouge is the worst human being on the planet and a complete idiot. You really want him making this decision?

Have you met Jay? I have, He may not care about football but he's a good dude. Try to refrain from letting your frustrations with our program to get you to call someone in the program such a demeaning name, especially the school President. Besides it's against AUF rules to do so.

Archived