Moo State Post-game thread

Zeek

Does Gus get fired?   

60 members have voted

1. 1. Will Gus be fired or did he do just enough?

• Gone
    • He'll be back

I don't think this game has any bearing on it. It was a ugly win. That is how most of his wins are, actually. I think that Covid will give him cover for another year. I sure hope not. If this was another school besides Auburn, I would vote "gone", but I don't think he will be. 

This was the most gus malzahn thing of all the gus malzahn things. He delivered a below mediocre performance that will somehow save his job. Its the exact same as LSU a few years ago. 

6 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

This was the most gus malzahn thing of all the gus malzahn things. He delivered a below mediocre performance that will somehow save his job. Its the exact same as LSU a few years ago. 

No way this saves his job 

It looked like a team that had lost 2 straight and has been hearing their coach is gonna get fired all week.  DBs, LBs, Tank played with fire.  Would have been nice to see more Worm and DJ if they were up to playing.  Typical game plan of asking Bo to do too much and not relying on the strength of the running game.  

I voted that he will be back. Not because he should, but because I don't know if any of our decision-makers have the intestinal fortitude to kick him to the curb.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That punt interference lit a fire.  Not a fan of all the talking but do love the attitude the guys played with after.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Our coach after this impressive game....

This video alone should be reason to be fired.

Maybe the two weeks rest to the players and staff is to let the newly hired staff come in and get situated 😂 hey a guy can dream right? 

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Our coach after this impressive game....

All the recruits gonna come running.  Good for Gus.  No matter what happens tomorrow he’s got this struggle bus win.  Team obviously is enjoying it.

Worst possible case. A total unwatchable sh*tshow of a football game where we blow up and seperate for about a minute and a half of the 4th quarter. Worse than a loss, worse than a big win.

49 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Until he's out I will believe he's back. He's got more lives than a cat cafe. 

Yep. Auburn football is a joke and now barely hanging around the middle of the SEC. Maybe w a bowl win, the morons will re up him for an extra two years. 

A&M was the must-win game. When you have the chance to take on a beatable, top-10 team at home and salvage a season with two top-3 road losses and one flukey loss at USCe... you have to win that. And Malzahn up against the ropes, for all his flaws, would normally find a way to will his team to victory (and subsequently save his job). He didn't. And I seriously cannot fathom how a late, pulling-away victory against a 2-win Mississippi State moves the needle on how anyone sees Malzahn's body of work.

I for one am glad to see us win and normally our talent alone should carry us to victory against the Mississippi States of the world. It shouldn't take tanking the season to see that a change is necessary and my gut feeling says that change is coming.

Archived