Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

all KS has to do to stop it is withdraw.

He may not even have his name in the hat. I don't trust our propaganda dept 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not  a fan of the StopSteele hashtag.  After all of the work he put into Auburn turning our defense around, this has to feel terrible.  Using the hashtag in the same breath of saying we love him as a DC is a wash.

39 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sark would be a bit of a let down too not gonna lie. I think he'd be okay.

Don't disagree but beginning to feel anyone other than Steele will be a win at this point.

i would not have picked steele, do not want steele, but a change needed to be made. If it end up being steele i would give him a chance, but i would get rid of every person that had a hand the timing of all of this because if steele was going to be promoted there were 1000 other ways it could have been handled starting with the timing of everything.

if steele ends up being promoted gouge and greene should be run out on a rail.

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not  a fan of the StopSteele hashtag.  After all of the work he put into Auburn turning our defense around, this has to feel terrible.  Using the hashtag in the same breath of saying we love him as a DC is a wash.

I think most people understand that we love Steele as DC, but that we don't want him as HC. Hell, when we were talking about this last year, one of the biggest concerns was losing him if the new HC came on board and wanted a different defensive coordinator.

34 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

JBoy browses the forums like the rest of us... tries to find any credible information and reports it on twitter like he has sources. Maybe I'm wrong... but I haven't seen anything credible on his tweets yet.

I really disagree with this. People that actually know stuff have actually vouched for him having sources/have been hearing similar things. People wonder why people we view as insiders usually go quiet during times like this? It’s the uncertainty, it’s the backlash if things take a turn from their original prediction. There is uncertainty here, however something that Jboy has that the others don’t is he has  a popular sports podcast. Which puts him in a position to talk about it a lot more than people that we get credible info from here who can just see the uncertainty of the situation and ride it out without saying a whole lot.

One of the reasons a search firm can be hired is to help protect and prevent leaks so unless someone has a source that is actually in that room, nobody knows 100% what is going on

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Don’t like it at all and I am 100% against his hiring. It’s embarrassing for this university and not respectful to Steele. Also this is toxic for our players. Hashtag should have targeted the PTB.  

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'm not a mean spirited person by a long shot but college coaches make enough money to get their feelings hurt on occasion. This is one of those occasions 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No dude.  To the average person out there, firing Gus makes it look like we're rabid.  We all know why Gus got fired, but most outside of Auburn/SEC only see his overall record and wins vs Bama and think we're crazy.

I honestly don’t care about what people think about Gus getting fired. For me it is the CKS thing. To be fair, I don’t even know if he is a true candidate but now with this revolt we are forcing someone’s hand potentially to say something when that may have never been the case.

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Don’t like it at all and I am 100% against his hiring. It’s embarrassing for this university and not respectful to Steele. Also this is toxic for our players. Hashtag should have targeted the PTB.  

#StopthePTBFromHiringSteele?

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Agree. At same time this is a testament of how much the people calling the shots behind the scenes has botched this thing up. When you have people in different camps and they're being told to the media... that's what we get. We don't have a true leader that will calm things, because there are too many cooks in the kitchen. IMO.

My insiders (the voices in my head, although they were right about firing Gus almost to the minute it was announced) are telling me that all the Steele talk will die down now that NSD is almost over. We kept most of our big defensive commitments and that was the plan. Nothing more.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

We've actually done OK.  Kept our big time QB and DT commits and flipped a couple back to us.  On that note, maybe Steele is the right guy with this quote LOL

I'm sure you are joking. If you aren't...Let's not get carried away with the Steele is an upgrade stuff. Even Gus knew this was a problem. That's why he hired Bicknell. Not sure if it was the wrong hire, or if Bicknell just didn't have enough time to make a difference. But identifying the problem was not an issue for Gus. Addressing it was. 

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I'm sure you are joking. If you aren't...Let's not get carried away with the Steele is an upgrade stuff. Even Gus knew this was a problem. That's why he hired Bicknell. Not sure if it was the wrong hire, or if Bicknell just didn't have enough time to make a difference. But identifying the problem was not an issue for Gus. Addressing it was. 

Yes, it was a joke about him being the right guy

12 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

Don't disagree but beginning to feel anyone other than Steele will be a win at this point.

Which is what they wanted all along!

Archived