Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I am.   This assumes an incredible level of competency by the PTB.

True and If Mario accepts this weekend, you can buy me a beer (well Coke Zero...).

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Did Tate say that after the “stamp” news come out? This is craziness.

he posted the update at 2:48 p.m. on the bunker forums we have offered him and hes interested per tate

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@augolf1716@bigbird at the risk of bringing you two into a room at the same time and setting off the end of the planet, do you guys know anything that would put these poor souls at ease a little. There’s some real panic, depression, and aggression setting in here. 

I mean MAR just entered the transfer portal if that helps 

7 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Lol...right there with ya bud. I'm just trying to be patient until Fri night/Saturday. At least at that point whatever happens with Cristobal will be put to rest one way or another.  The lack of names like Napier, Fickell and others is weird IMO. I think that's why everyone is pissed when Steele is who the PR department trots out as their sacrificial lamb.

Exactly what I was thinking. The way these rumors or narratives are being pushed feels like it's down to Cristobal or Steele, which is completely and fully mystifying. If we do miss out on Cristobal, we still have some time to have our choosing. Kiffin, Napier, Fickell, Freeze, Quinn, Sarkisian, and more still are out there. 

The whole thing reeks of incompetent and missing leadership. No one is taking the responsibility to quell the rumblings. They do not have to respond to any of these rumors but to say that they are taking care of this, that all candidates are considered fairly and vetted, and they are doing due diligence will be enough to bring a level of control that is necessary for this situation.

12 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Are you feeling better about my 200 pages now? hahaha  I mean we have added almost 50 in 26 hours hahaha

Now bets are on 250 pages or less

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I mean MAR just entered the transfer portal if that helps 

I’m really not even surprised about that. He’s not going to be the premier back while Tank is here. 

15 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

@augolf1716@bigbird at the risk of bringing you two into a room at the same time and setting off the end of the planet, do you guys know anything that would put these poor souls at ease a little. There’s some real panic, depression, and aggression setting in here. 

not have a (snowball's) chance in hell ..................

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m really not even surprised about that. He’s not going to be the premier back while Tank is here. 

All 3 of our rivals are in the top 5 of recruiting right now while we're 45th. Does that help 😢

13 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Just because Pruitt turned out to be a bust doesn't mean Schiano would've been any better. Their fanbase might have saved them from electing a coach that would flush their program down the toilet even more.

I believe Schiano would have done a better job than Pruitt. He had a proven collegiate track record as a HC. One thing for sure he could not have done any worse.. they are awful. UT should have pumped the brakes and took their time after that fan meltdown. If you are in charge make the call, because you are gonna be held accountable anyway. Fans will not. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

All 3 of our rivals are in the top 5 of recruiting right now while we're 45th. Does that help 😢

Dude I’m right there with you on the fact that Malzahn ran this program into the ground. What kind of point you trying to make to me? Lol

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

THIS

lsu is in arguably no better situation than we are and they are signing a top 5 class. we must be so easy to recruit against.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dude I’m right there with you on the fact that Malzahn ran this program into the ground. What kind of point you trying to make to me? Lol

Oh I'm not making a point I'm just not having fun. I wanna have fun. Someone help.

17 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Lol...right there with ya bud. I'm just trying to be patient until Fri night/Saturday. At least at that point whatever happens with Cristobal will be put to rest one way or another.  The lack of names like Napier, Fickell and others is weird IMO. I think that's why everyone is pissed when Steele is who the PR department trots out as their sacrificial lamb.

At this point and the last 3 or 4 years of Auburn Football I am just apathetic to it all and beginning to slip totally in to "I Don't Give F#$%" mode and might need to find a team to get behind to tie me over. I know I will get flamed for that attitude but I am just sick & tired of the same JABA BS. I do hope this has all been a smoke screen while one of the GREATEST coaching hires in Auburn History is being worked behind the scenes but what have they done in the past to assure us it wont be just another JABA. 

One other thing, just in my opinion if its not a huge proven head coach like Freeze, Stoops, Kiffin, Mario or any big name HC then I would rather take my chances with Clark from UAB over any of the others.

3 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

THIS

lsu is in arguably no better situation than we are and they are signing a top 5 class. we must be so easy to recruit against.

Facilities and being average for 7 years will do that to you friend.

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

bh.JPG

I see Clay Travis is having his first major experience of JABA and literally not being able to comprehend the stupidity of Auburn first hiring a 5-19 coach AND THEN 12 years later learning NOTHING and hiring a 9-36 coach (1-31 in conference!) right now. Meanwhile all of us are like:

errew.gif

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Relax, Breath everything will be ok, I know it doesn't look like it right now but it's always darkest before the dawn.

You are the most cryptic poster ever. Who are you? YODA?

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Relax, Breath everything will be ok, I know it doesn't look like it right now but it's always darkest before the dawn.

lol pffffffffft as my pops always told me: Son, We are Auburn fans if you ever think something good is going to happen just remember we never get what we want. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I see Clay Travis is having his first major experience of JABA and literally not being able to comprehend the stupidity of Auburn first hiring a 5-19 coach AND THEN 12 years later learning NOTHING and hiring a 9-36 coach (1-31 in conference!) right now. Meanwhile all of us are like:

errew.gif

Great gif from a great flick...and accurate.

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

....says the Dark Lord of the Sith 😉

Archived