Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

I think he cares 

Damn had no clue about moose! One of my favorite players too . Now my respect has instantly went up even more 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, I hate to break this to you, but all big time football and basketball programs cheat to some degree.  No one is squeaky clean.

You name a program that's had any sort of success in the last twenty years, they've probably done some cheating.

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

"Stockholm syndrome is a psychological response. It occurs when hostages or abuse victims bond with their captors or abusers. This psychological connection develops over the course of the days, weeks, months, or even years of captivity or abuse."

See, this is such BS.  You're projecting.  There's plenty of evidence out there that players love Saban man.  You just don't want to hear it.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

It isn't all about winning. What's the point of winning if you have to show no class doing it?

It is about winning, and  It doesn't have to be a  binary extreme.  Kiffen is not as classless as you make him out to be.  I understand you don't like him on a personal level, but stop being so emotional and look at it from a football perspective.    Step outside you  prejudices.  kiffen would be a good coach for us.  

2 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Can you put an age on judging people. The man may had some demons. I be known people who crushed everything thing they did and were hot shots but when they finally hit adversity in their life they became human again. Just my 2 cents. I can’t put an age on 2nd chances. 

Age really doesn't matter, experience on the other hand.....................

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Sure.  But they also speak to so many other things about him, including his sense of humor.  Old article, but an example.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2015/12/alabama_players_think_nick_sab.html

Oh trust me I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm sure they love him. I'm just saying it helps when you have someone that not only cares about you but helps you become better and more successful in the future. 

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

It is about winning, and  It doesn't have to be a  binary extreme.  Kiffen is not as classless as you make him out to be.  I understand you don't like him on a personal level, but stop being so emotional and look at it from a football perspective.    Step outside you  prejudices.  kiffen would be a good coach for us.  

Funny. That is strictly your opinion. Kiffin could just as easily be a terrible coach for us.

How would you all feel if Auburn pulled a surprise and hired Bob Stoops? I know a year ago there were rumors Jimmy Rane wanted to make it happen. 

Just now, TigerTaz said:

How would you all feel if Auburn pulled a surprise and hired Bob Stoops? I know a year ago there were rumors Jimmy Rane wanted to make it happen. 

Better than Steele. Not terrible but I think that ship has sailed. 

Whew.  Catching up from page 160.  So, Mario signed extension or no? I believe new buyout is $9 million.  

I believe should continue #StopSteele / #StoptheSteele campaign.  If reading all these pages, be happy with anyone but Steele and now Muschamp.  

Someone asked about Fleck and Campbell. I think they are more Midwest guys and waiting for certain jobs there.  

Wouldn’t Neal Brown be almost a Gus clone? Nice guy and decent coach?

Not sure if anyone saw tweet saying candidates are playing this weekend.  To me that means Napier and Leipold.  Guess Mario but believe saw tweet this morning.  

Anyone hear what team meeting was about tonight??

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

See, this is such BS.  You're projecting.  There's plenty of evidence out there that players love Saban man.  You just don't want to hear it.

I had a friend on the Bama football team around 10 years ago. He wasn't anyone important. Just a walk on. I posted something about Saban being a jerk to Facebook. He replied, "dude, he isn't like that at all." So I private messaged him to find out more. I asked him questions like, Did he ever insult you even though you were giving your all? Answer: Yes. Did he ever threaten you? Answer: Oh yeah. I messed up on this one play, and he told me he was going to beat my ass if I did it again. Did he ever cut you down in front of everyone? Answer: Yes. But he did it, he did all these things to make me better. 

He abuses the crap out of his players, and they believe he's doing it for their benefit. 

1 minute ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Age really doesn't matter, experience on the other hand.....................

If a person has never had to face adversity and had everything go their way how do they have experience?

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Even if I let it go, Kiffin wouldn't last here. There are a lot more fans like me that would not accept a Kiffin hire. So, even if you think he's a good coach and the moral stuff doesn't matter to you, he's not the best option for the program. 

Just now, Bo Didley said:

If a person has never had to face adversity and had everything go their way how do they have experience?

How does one get a job without experience, if you cant get experience without a job?

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I had a friend on the Bama football team around 10 years ago. He wasn't anyone important. Just a walk on. I posted something about Saban being a jerk to Facebook. He replied, "dude, he isn't like that at all." So I private messaged him to find out more. I asked him questions like, Did he ever insult you even though you were giving your all? Answer: Yes. Did he ever threaten you? Answer: Oh yeah. I messed up on this one play, and he told me he was going to beat my ass if I did it again. Did he ever cut you down in front of everyone? Answer: Yes. But he did it, he did all these things to make me better. 

He abuses the crap out of his players, and they believe he's doing it for their benefit. 

Well did your friend become a better individual in life afterwards . The fact that Saban is taking that approach to a walk on says a lot to me. A lot of coaches don’t give an eff about walk ons. Hardly even approach them. 

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Even if I let it go, Kiffin wouldn't last here. There are a lot more fans like me that would not accept a Kiffin hire. So, even if you think he's a good coach and the moral stuff doesn't matter to you, he's not the best option for the program. 

Kiffin sure seems like a fun hire to me. He doesn’t like bammer or Saban. Great recruiter. Offensive whiz. Auburn needs to go outside the box for once. He’s at top of my list right now next to Sarkisian. 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Uh huh.  Now ask him how Saban treats him and his fellow teammates off the field.

If players getting yelled at during practice is a concern, then you would have hated those Dye and Tuberville open two a days when fans used to be able to attend.

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Funny. That is strictly your opinion. Kiffin could just as easily be a terrible coach for us.

TRUE! It is my opinion.   But his resume and what I have witnessed him do  with players leads me to a positive opinion on what he could do at Auburn.    Some of the other coaches may be better, but few of them are realistic.  IF we wanted to pull Lane from ole miss we probably could.   

There are no guarantees with ANY coach. 

Archived