Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

2 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I took it as in they weren't even top 5. Im sure some of you who have been to the others more recently can help, but I would say Bama, UGA, Texas AM, LSU, UF all have better facilities. 

UGA's overall facilities are not amazing. Basketball is flat out bad. LSU is not loaded with money so I bet they aren't better either.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KnightTiger said:

Harbert is the one pushing Steele he is trying to have a say in hiring the next coach, so his choice is save cash and promote Steele

Hiring Steele would be a stupid football and business decision. Can anyone really be that much of a dotard?

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I 100% agree but if it were Steele just end the misery already 😂

The longer it drags out hopefully the worse it looks for steele....... That would be a gut punch bro!!

Just now, AUFriction said:

This is not some "hunch" I have. This came from people who report on Auburn probably about 5 weeks ago. 

Didn't say it was your hunch. I still don't believe a word of it.

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I got you 5, just in case. Went ahead an picked up a large Dr Pepper Icee for the road. Oh, and some pickled quail eggs for snacking on later. Looks like it’s gonna be a long day.

Also picked up one of these bad boys in case @augolf1716shows up.

FFD08421-E58A-471F-AB8C-E69BFD244F14.jpeg

Is this Heaven? Dad are you here?

36 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Again... IMO... reading tea leaves from insiders we fired Gus to get Mario and things were looking good. Now Oregon is playing for the  Pac whatever and is willing to pay a lot more $$. He may now stay and we will Move on to the next guy if he does. 

That's how I see it as well

Someone needs to get Harbart the **** out of Auburn. There's other boosters. No reason a whole coaching search is being slowed because some a** hole who is so dumb as to think Steele is the best option gets a say. 

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My point is I think they know their guy and are delaying the announcement. Not sure who is gassing everyone up about Steele but I don't see it actually happening.

To be fair, not all news sources have close, inside connections.  Reporters and bloggers can be hours late with info.  You could have folks who are just now hearing about this morning’s Steele rumors that are reporting it as new info.  Timing and degrees of separation are so important when choosing what to believe.

There is 0.000% chance the people who were so fed up they forked over $20 million to send a coach packing are going to promote from within that coach's staff.

Makes no logical sense. A desperate move was made because we desperately needed change. Steele as HC would indicate a desire for continuity.

23 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

"marcello now saying its likely Steele" ............ im being honest if steele isnt announced as HC   by atleast Thursday of this week all these auburn beat writers are gonna have poop on their hands by insisting that it is

I do not trust anything Marcello says.   He reported all summer, there probably won't be any football this season.   I think he missed by about 300 games worth.

Just now, AUDevil said:

To be fair, not all news sources have close, inside connections.  Reporters and bloggers can be hours late with info.  You could have folks who are just now hearing about this morning’s Steele rumors that are reporting it as new info.  Timing and degrees of separation are so important when choosing what to believe.

You know this by experience right? Am I mis remembering it but weren't you involved in the whole Jimbo's exit from FSU fiasco? I swear you told us several weeks before it was official.

3 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I’m starting to believe this is going to get REALLY Auburn’ed up.  Bad.....

Take everything you read with a grain of salt. He’s only been Auburn’s ex-coach for a little over 24 hours. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Someone needs to get Harbart the **** out of Auburn. There's other boosters. No reason a whole coaching search is being slowed because some a** hole who is so dumb as to think Steele is the best option gets a say. 

Raymond Harbert made the largest solo donation to Auburn in its history with that business school. He ain’t going nowhere. 

7 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Hiring Steele would be a stupid football and business decision. Can anyone really be that much of a dotard?

WARBLOGLE, without a doubt

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

You know this by experience right? Am I mis remembering it but weren't you involved in the whole Jimbo's exit from FSU fiasco? I swear you told us several weeks before it was official.

3rd cousin of mine was Bowden’s secretary and longtime family friend was Jimbo’s secretary.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Raymond Harbert made the largest solo donation to Auburn in its history with that business school. He ain’t going nowhere. 

Agree.. and he is still an ass hat who needs to take a seat in the corner with that Kevin Steele bs. 

Archived