Zeek

4* DT Lee Hunter retweeted the following

4* Safety Ahmari Harvey

He did like the following

4* QB Dematrius Davis

He was also quoted somewhere saying it didn't change anything for him

4* OG Jaeden Roberts

Hal Preseley - Locked in, signing Wednesday
Ahmari Harvey - Signing Wednesday since he's an EE but may be Florida or Texas A&M instead of AU
Phillip O'Briem - Locked in, signing Wednesday
Garner Langlo - Locked in with AU
Transfer OL Eric Wilson - Still committed but not signing Wednesday. Waiting on the hire.
Trevin Wallace - Still high on AU but signing in February now.

Looking for more

I don’t expect anybody to jump ship.  Let’s all wait and see who is hired.  It will be a quick process and the recruits will love the new guy.  

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I don’t expect anybody to jump ship.  Let’s all wait and see who is hired.  It will be a quick process and the recruits will love the new guy.  

FSU is pushing hard and has momentum with McKenzie Milton joining up. We need our new coach announced soon and on the recruiting trail ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

FSU is pushing hard and has momentum with McKenzie Milton joining up. We need our new coach announced soon and on the recruiting trail ASAP.

Pushing hard for who? Hunter?

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Pushing hard for who? Hunter?

Hunter, Harvey, and at least one other Florida kid. FWIW I think we'll be okay. Especially if we hire who I'm hearing.

I personally think AU recruiting is going to finish stronger than it would have if Gus had been retained.
But if not, there's not a player on the board that was worth keeping Gus around for. If recruiting does take a hit so be it. There's hope here again.

I’d like to think new coach will be able to determine if some of current recruits align with his philosophy. Also, he may have some at current school that will switch. Some other schools recruits may want to join in as well with new HC. 
I agree with above post that we gotta take good with... the good will out way any bad over the long haul!

4 hours ago, around4ever said:

I don’t expect anybody to jump ship.

I do. In a process like this it's almost impossible not to gave at least 1 jump.

The thing here is, early signing day is this week. There will be no time for a new coach, even if named tonight, to "hit the trail", even if it's only via texts.. We'll lose some, every school does when there is a coaching change.

This is an odd year, with every college player getting a freebie. Recruiting for this one cycle may well prove to be much less important than it is in a normal year. Transfers will be more numerous than normal. In any case, done is done.

18 hours ago, around4ever said:

It's almost a given that recruits will jump elsewhere and maybe even an active player or two.  Until the new HC and his coaching philosophy are known, then uncertainty will rule the day.  Who knows if the new HC will be an offensive or defensive leaning coach?  Who knows what kind of schemes he will implement?  

If AU doesn't hire someone like Mario Cristabol, Billy Napier, Luke Fickell, Steve Sarkisianor or even Dan Quinn, they will regret it in the long run.

Archived