A Case for Bill Clark to AU

tigeraddikt

1. He built Prattville into a team that was able to beat Hoover when Propst owned 6A HS football in the state. I think we can all see the parallel to Saban and Bama.

2. He kept the JSU machine rising after Jack Crowe got it launched about 10 years ago.

3. UAB was buried under Garrick McGee. He was a horrible HC that put them behind even further than where they were under Neal Calloway. For Bill Clark to come in and resurrect that entire thing top to bottom, THEN keep it on life support when they were self-buried, to win multiple CUSA titles with a bunch of 1 and 2 star players...are you kidding me? 

He would have AU relevant and able to consistently hold their own against the Bama machine. Wouldn't happen overnight, but this AU program is nothing close to a total rebuild. What he provides, accountability, is what Gus sorely lacked and what AU surely needs.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

image.gif

The fact that we would have to make a case is telling:

With that being said I do respect what he has done in the past. He is the farthest down on the list for me before CKS...It feels like they won't somebody willing to be micromanaged.

Bill Clarke is probably going to be it and it’ll set out program back even further. Auburn is straight settling for Bill Clarke if he will even take it! This does not spark excitement at all, not in anyone. It’s boring and so Auburn it ain’t even funny. 

Ick.  Auburn is a top 9 to 12 job.  Taxes and quality of life there may make it a little higher for some people.  I think our expectations should be higher.  

11 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Looking forward to getting waxed in recruiting for the entirety of Bill Clark’s tenure

This and the fact that it seems like if we hire Clark, he’s not gonna have any autonomy and pretty much the PTB are gonna stay with their finger on the program.

Ridiculous to even consider this guy. We are supposedly the premier job opening and we have to stoop to this guy? No offense to him he’s probably a good coach but this is Auburn with no other job competition and this is the best we can do??? Pitiful Auburn is about to lose a lot of Family support if this keeps up. 

9 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Ick.  Auburn is a top 9 to 12 job.  Taxes and quality of life there may make it a little higher for some people.  I think our expectations should be higher.  

Obviously not...when you factor in our big boosters wanting to be co-coaches we’re 75th at best.

BTW: my frustration is not a denouncement of Bill Clark. More so, how horrible our leaders seem to be. How horrible our past coaches seem to be in creating a toxic environment and how ridiculous all of the leaks and inner house stuff has been out in the open.

19 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Looking forward to getting waxed in recruiting for the entirety of Bill Clark’s tenure

Please go into depth on what would lead you to believe that?

1 minute ago, ToomersStreet said:

How does his recruiting stack up against others in his conference? 

Just now, mdp5150 said:

How does his recruiting stack up against others in his conference? 

two conference usa titles in three years.  I think he is doing ok.

2 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

two conference usa titles in three years.  I think he is doing ok.

That wasn’t my question. The SEC is a league the depends on elite recruiting.  

5 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Nick Saban, I’ve had success at LSU and Bama obviously and put hundreds of players in the NFL”

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Kirby Smart, I’ve had success at UGA and learned from the guy who you just talked to who was also successful!”

“Hi I’m Bill Clark I was a good high school coach and resurrected UAB”

one of these is unlike the other two. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Nick Saban, I’ve had success at LSU and Bama obviously and put hundreds of players in the NFL”

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Kirby Smart, I’ve had success at UGA and learned from the guy who you just talked to who was also successful!”

“Hi I’m Bill Clark I was a good high school coach and resurrected UAB”

one of these is unlike the other two. 

Forgot about the part where he tells them he was our fifth choice and got it b/c he’ll bend to pressure.

I think he can win here at the same clip Gus did. Not my top choice, but he's better than Steele at this point. I'd take MC, Kiffin, Freeze, Nappier, Sark, Venables first. 

The only problem is all of those guys are smart enough to see that our leadership is a clown show. 

If it's Bill Clark, we could've done worse, but we could've done a lot better too. 

The sad truth is Auburn may have to hit rock bottom before the fans have enough power to kick out the boosters that like to play fantasy football with the program we dedicate our time and money to

Archived