2022 3* OT Eston Harris Commits To Auburn

toddc

OT Eston Harris Jr. commits to Auburn over Florida, others

By KEITH NIEBUHR 42 minutes ago

Offensive line arguably is Auburn's biggest recruiting priority in the 2022 class and the Tigers have landed two of their top targets in the past week. First, interior lineman Drew Bobo committed Sunday. Now, his teammate at Auburn (Ala.) High, Eston Harris Jr., has joined him.

Harris, a 3-star recruit and the No. 13 prospect in the state of Alabama for 247Sports, publicly committed to the Tigers on Thursday evening, becoming 2022 verbal No. 13.

He chose Auburn over Florida, which had made a push in recent months, and Florida State, which he named as his leader during the summer. Additionally, he claimed offers from programs such as Oregon and Southern California.

With this commitment, Auburn moved up to No. 34 (six spots) in the 247Sports recruiting team rankings.

Harris, known as "EJ" to friends, starts at right tackle for Auburn High. In college, the 6-foot-6, 290-pound Harris could play tackle or guard.

The previous Auburn staff offered Harris on Oct. 21, 2020. Under first-year coach Bryan Harsin and offensive line coach Will Friend, the Tigers' new regime was quick to make Harris a priority and Harris visited Auburn on June 1, the first day after an extended 15-month recruiting dead period expired. Later that month, Harris camped for Friend and that is when the relationship began to take off.

“The relationship I’ve built with the coaches and it’s near home,” Harris said recently. “I’ve been here my whole life. I’ve been around Auburn University for awhile. When I went to the camp (this summer), I saw how coach is going to work me, what they want, how they’re going to work you and want you to get better. I’ve been around them a lot and I’m getting more familiar and I’m pretty comfortable with them.”

In June, Harris also visited many other programs, including Oregon. At about that time, FSU vaulted up his list and emerged as his top school. But as the 'Noles landed multiple offensive line commitments then started the season with a thud, Harris looked more toward Auburn and Florida. Last month, he visited the Gators to watch them play then-No. 1 Alabama, and afterward said Florida and the Tigers were his co-leaders.

In recent weeks, though, Auburn surged ahead. To date, he already has attended three games this season at Jordan-Hare Stadium, most recently last weekend.

Harris and Bobo are Auburn's only two offensive line commitments and the Tigers hope to add several more. Lately, they have zeroed in on FSU commit Antavious Woody, a guard/defensive tackle, and offensive tackle Riley Quick, an Alabama baseball commit. Both are 4-stars and both attended the Tigers' last home game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not terribly far off of being a 4*

#16 in Alabama (I like getting as many of the top 20 in-state kids as possible)

Already a teammate of Bobo so chemistry?

At 6'6" with long arms he has a real OT frame unlike many of our players we have been using at OT over the years.

Very happy with this one. We worked really hard to overcome other programs pursuing him hard.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

That’s the 2nd Auburn high OL we got in 2 weeks. They got anymore D1 linemen on they team? lol

Actually yes. The center, Brayden Joiner. He's short though. Some think he's the best of them all but that he'll most likely play on the DL. AU hasn't offered yet. 

Up to 34th in this class. Up to 13th in the SEC. 6th in the SEC for average ranking (despite Kicker weighing the ranking down).

Progress.

Riley Quick is supposed to have his decision by the end of the football season.

Tyrone Webber should know by the end of October I think.

Clemons is an early enrollee so it's gotta be sometime between now and December lol.

Not sure Antonio Williams, Robert Woodyard, or Khurtiss Perry have mentioned timelines.

• Thanks 1

The Auburn high coach speaks highly of him and Bobo. Both all about business and play through the whistle.

Edited by WFE12

23 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Up to 34th in this class. Up to 13th in the SEC. 6th in the SEC for average ranking (despite Kicker weighing the ranking down).

Progress.

Riley Quick is supposed to have his decision by the end of the football season.

Tyrone Webber should know by the end of October I think.

Clemons is an early enrollee so it's gotta be sometime between now and December lol.

Not sure Antonio Williams, Robert Woodyard, or Khurtiss Perry have mentioned timelines.

They’re probably going to visit Agbo and see him play in person this next week and he would be a HuGE pull for OT. 

• Like 2

I would certainly be happy with adding Antavious Woody and Anez Cooper.  They both play with a nasty streak and block thru the whistle.  A couple of plays that Cooper had on his film reminded me of The Blind Side.  He would have been flagged for excessive blocking...lol.  We need more lineman who are mean and aggressive.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I would certainly be happy with adding Antavious Woody and Anez Cooper.  They both play with a nasty streak and block thru the whistle.  A couple of plays that Cooper had on his film reminded me of The Blind Side.  He would have been flagged for excessive blocking...lol.  We need more lineman who are mean and aggressive.

Interesting development with Woody... he seems to be trending towards playing defense FWIW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1