2022 3* OT Eston Harris Commits To Auburn

toddc

53 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What exactly differentiates them in your mind?

Depends. Could be film. Could be speed like the DB from Opelika. I've been pretty high on the 3* TE from Texas. Think he looks better than 3*. 

My system is extremely fluid. Lotta gut feelings. 

• Thanks 1

I watched the film on 247 from his sophomore year he has quick feet and stays on his man. I am assuming as a senior he will be even better. At 6'6" he has the height to be a true OT along with the quick feet. He is apparently up to 290 and yet still looks lean which means he can easily add 10 to 20 more pounds. He is a high 3* with the extra weight and a solid year will probably become a legitimate 4*.  I want him and the super fast DB from Opelika. I want us to try and get the 5* OT's but to me this is the type of player we should have been pulling in over the last 4 years. A player with the physical attrubutes to be an OT who with a good strength and conditioning program and good coaching can be a legitimate SEC OT.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I watched the film on 247 from his sophomore year he has quick feet and stays on his man. I am assuming as a senior he will be even better. At 6'6" he has the height to be a true OT along with the quick feet. He is apparently up to 290 and yet still looks lean which means he can easily add 10 to 20 more pounds. He is a high 3* with the extra weight and a solid year will probably become a legitimate 4*.  I want him and the super fast DB from Opelika. I want us to try and get the 5* OT's but to me this is the type of player we should have been pulling in over the last 4 years. A player with the physical attrubutes to be an OT who with a good strength and conditioning program and good coaching can be a legitimate SEC OT.  

Certain 3* could be u polished but have amazing attributes, like the DB is fast and the OT has great size and can be coached up. 

Some are just avg athletes and with low ceilings. Def targeting the prior group can benefit us more. 

44 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Certain 3* could be u polished but have amazing attributes, like the DB is fast and the OT has great size and can be coached up. 

Some are just avg athletes and with low ceilings. Def targeting the prior group can benefit us more. 

I agree. This young man is good athlete with a good frame so has the potential you look for in a 3*.

On 1/19/2021 at 8:10 PM, Auhud08 said:

I know we want the 4/5 star guys and im glad Harsin and crew are targetting them. But im honestly relieved we’re going after guys like this. He doesnt have the stars yet but has the size and theyve obviously seen something they like on tape. Shows me that we’re actually scouting and not seeing what 247 is good or not

Harsin made a comment like "if their within 30 miles of Auburn they are not going somewhere else"  Getting this kid is a start.  However, I read somewhere he is really wanting a Bama offer.  Gus really put us in a hole as far as our image with offensive players.   I do hope we get him.  O-line is the toughest to evaluate.  If you watch the NFL draft most of the top linemen came from no name schools.  They were over looked.

19 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Harsin made a comment like "if their within 30 miles of Auburn they are not going somewhere else"  Getting this kid is a start.  However, I read somewhere he is really wanting a Bama offer.  Gus really put us in a hole as far as our image with offensive players.   I do hope we get him.  O-line is the toughest to evaluate.  If you watch the NFL draft most of the top linemen came from no name schools.  They were over looked.

2013 says hi. #1 pick was an OT from CMU!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

2022 offensive tackle on Auburn visit 'I loved it'

ByJASON CALDWELL 26 minutes ago

Already with close to three dozen offers, 2022 offensive tackle Eston Harris Jr. has had the Auburn Tigers as one of his top schools since he got an offer from the program last October. A powerful two-way player that is expected to play offense on the next level, Harris finally got his first opportunity to sit down with Bryan Harsin and the new staff on Tuesday and he came away impressed by what he saw and heard.

“The biggest part was just meeting everybody and seeing everything in person,” Harris said of the visit. “You know that feeling you have in person, it’s very different from being on the phone. Everything is just so much better in person.

“It was great,” he added. “I loved it. It’s what I’ve been waiting for. What I’d seen, I expected it. I loved it.”

Getting the chance to sit down with Auburn offensive line coach Will Friend to talk face-to-face, Harris said the message was a simple one; that the Tigers can get him where he wants to go and also he could be a leader for the recruiting class.

Something else that stuck out to Harris was the opportunity to potentially play early at Auburn. With a huge need at offensive tackle, Auburn is making Harris a priority.

“We were looking at the practice film and we were seeing some of those guys, they were guards but they were at tackle,” Harris said. “He wasn’t saying I was just going to start but he said they need tackles.

“It’s something to think about. It’s very important to think about coming in and playing early.”

Saying that Auburn will likely be in his top group when the time comes to narrow things down, Harris will visit Georgia on Thursday and Alabama on Saturday before going to Florida State next week.

As for what he’s looking for in his future home?

“I’m looking can I live here the next four years,” he asked. “Can I learn here? Could I be around the people? Could I play here? Get my education. Become a great man. Get the best version of Eston Harris out of me.”

8 minutes ago, Paladin said:

“We were looking at the practice film and we were seeing some of those guys, they were guards but they were at tackle,” Harris said. “He wasn’t saying I was just going to start but he said they need tackles.

zipped-mouth-wont-tell.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Micky told me Gus had us stocked with tackles 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Paladin said:

I am completely in shock

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Guards playing Tackle? You don't say...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Micky told me Gus had us stocked with tackles 

Yep, like Prince Michael Sammons.

Things really haven't been going so well for ol' Micky and his opinions about the program. 

• Like 1

Beauregard has been absolutely awful the past couple years. Hard to believe we have a player that is D1 college bound on this team of all the teams we've had in the past. 

Apparently got a Bama offer.  They took the #1 & #2 OT in the nation last year.  The #1 OT seems to be a lean towards, them they have another OT committed.  I'm not sure how they take both Quick and Elijah Pritchett...then now offering Harris.  I know, I'm sure not all offers are committable.  But, stop man.  Let some others have these kids

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently got a Bama offer.  They took the #1 & #2 OT in the nation last year.  The #1 OT seems to be a lean towards, them they have another OT committed.  I'm not sure how they take both Quick and Elijah Pritchett...then now offering Harris.  I know, I'm sure not all offers are committable.  But, stop man.  Let some others have these kids

From what I have seen, it wasn't committable just yet. He reminds me so much of Javy Cohen. Kid seems to be all Bama. Let's move on to the next one.

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

From what I have seen, it wasn't committable just yet. He reminds me so much of Javy Cohen. Kid seems to be all Bama. Let's move on to the next one.

That's a quitters attitude. He's probably getting strung along, no need to give up

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You can call it what you want. I call realizing you have lost this battle and moving on to the next. I have seen this story play out many times.

We agree that there is a long history of this playing out. I think this staff, and particularly Will Friend are wise to the game and are better positioned to overcome it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You can call it what you want. I call realizing you have lost this battle and moving on to the next. I have seen this story play out many times. As soon as Bama gives him a committable offer he will be a Turd. I prefer to spend time, money, and resources elsewhere. Nothing about quitting. It stinks Javy Cohen all over it. 

I mean...keep him on the backburner and keep contact...but I would sending my red carpet brigade elsewhere for the moment.

Bama offers plenty of players that we've beat them out for.  We can't quit on every player Bama has offered a non-committable offer to.  

I'm not sure why you've posted you amazon prime order.

Edited by W.E.D

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I pray that isn’t actually his name and address

I was trying to figure out what it was.  Some cryptic screen shot of Bama paying a recruit or something?  Then realized the date and it is now

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Bama offers plenty of players that we've beat them out for.  We can't quit on every player Bama has offered a non-committable offer to.  

I'm not sure why you've posted you amazon prime order.

2 things.....lol.

1st, I never said anything about not going after players that Bama has offered. Let's not do that thing that W.E.D. does and twist words arou.....oh wait you get it. Nevermind

Point number 2. The amazon order. What a weird thing happened. Somehow...i pushed the right button combo for it to capture screen shot and post it on my response. I saw it...and removed the screenshot. I come back 30 minutes later and it has the picture in the post. Strange. I just deleted the post.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I pray that isn’t actually his name and address

LOL. It is not. Gift order for a buddy of mine retiring from the USAF. Me and computers do not get along to well.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LOL. It is not. Gift order for a buddy of mine retiring from the USAF. Me and computers do not get along to well.

Loof, trying to see if it was something weird: "Enhance. ENHANCE."

• Like 1