2022 3* OT Eston Harris Commits To Auburn

toddc

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Up to 34th in this class. Up to 13th in the SEC. 6th in the SEC for average ranking (despite Kicker weighing the ranking down).

Many also expect several of our current recruits to get ratings bumps so this should hopefully only get better. 
Also, that dang kicker should be a 4/5 star. 70 yard field goal type of leg in HS?  Ranking systems suck 🤣

1 hour ago, Tigerfinz said:

I would certainly be happy with adding Antavious Woody and Anez Cooper.  They both play with a nasty streak and block thru the whistle.  A couple of plays that Cooper had on his film reminded me of The Blind Side.  He would have been flagged for excessive blocking...lol.  We need more lineman who are mean and aggressive.

I would be thrilled with Cooper who goes by Vel to all his friends in the Birmingham area. He is honestly one of the funniest guys and a big jokester off the field but is an absolute road grader on the field. Once the chinstrap buckles he will knock the crap out of anything in front of him. He has dropped about 45-50 pounds of fat and transformed his body based on what coaches were looking for at the next level when he went to camps this summer. Would definitely take a year or two to develop on pass pro but could be a monster in the run game instantly. I think he would probably be a guard but could serve as a tackle if needed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Great pickup and looking better for some other key players Antavious Woody O-Line or D-line, Anez Cooper, and an out side shot at Malik Agbo. If we get at least 2 of them this because a very good O-line class and if we get all 3 it becomes a great O-line class as I expect both Bobo and Harris to become 4*. Cooper will remain a 3* but is a road grader and has really done a great job of re-building his body.

War Eagle and welcome to the Auburn family.

We have not turned the corner on the 2022 class yet, but like the Sit-com the Jefferson's "We are moving on up"

1 hour ago, bballnate said:

I would be thrilled with Cooper who goes by Vel to all his friends in the Birmingham area. He is honestly one of the funniest guys and a big jokester off the field but is an absolute road grader on the field. Once the chinstrap buckles he will knock the crap out of anything in front of him. He has dropped about 45-50 pounds of fat and transformed his body based on what coaches were looking for at the next level when he went to camps this summer. Would definitely take a year or two to develop on pass pro but could be a monster in the run game instantly. I think he would probably be a guard but could serve as a tackle if needed. 

A. Cooper's film is funny as hell. I felt sorry for some of them boys he was up against.

4 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Many also expect several of our current recruits to get ratings bumps so this should hopefully only get better. 
Also, that dang kicker should be a 4/5 star. 70 yard field goal type of leg in HS?  Ranking systems suck 🤣

I hope none of them get a bump so they all can play with something to prove! 

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

Interesting development with Woody... he seems to be trending towards playing defense FWIW

We could certainly use some mean mofo's on the d-line too!

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

He would make an immediate impact. 

Nice local pick up with the OL commitment. Brick by brick (ignore the Bitch Jones version of this phrase)

• Like 1

I know he is projected to play on the inside of the line by most, however I think he could have a chance to stick at the tackle position.  I can see a bit of Chad Slade in his game.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Just starting boys and girls......going to get better

Better in terms of “more” OLine commits or our commits for 2022 overall?

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

What makes him so intriguing to you? Honest question. Excited to have him because *offensive lineman and he's a local* and I'm glad to see your enthusiasm. 

Watching his videos shows a big, mean OT who plays to the whistle.  He is now 290 lbs and does not appear to be that "big" in his pictures. So plenty of room to put on muscle.  

He is out of our backyard-tired of losing those guys to other programs.  To me, he knows a little more about the program due to local and inside knowledge.  

He's coming!!

:bananadance:

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Watching his videos shows a big, mean OT who plays to the whistle.  He is now 290 lbs and does not appear to be that "big" in his pictures. So plenty of room to put on muscle.  

He is out of our backyard-tired of losing those guys to other programs.  To me, he knows a little more about the program due to local and inside knowledge.  

He's coming!!

:bananadance:

Checklist GIFs | Tenor

(Actually how almost the entire Harsin experience has felt)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Crazy, right?! I mean, it’s almost like they know what they are doing.

And almost like some no-nothing malcontent haters knew what the last guy *wasn't* doing. 

Mouth Zip GIFs | Tenor

• Love 1
  • Haha 2