Cooper Draft Talk (4/2/21 Update: Enters Draft)

ellitor

I sometimes think people have forgotten the purpose of forums.

It's also interesting the person who's told they are wrong time and time again in the end is proven right is argued with the most. I feel it's because of the very sensitive people who feel that it's wrong or bad if you don't fall in line with their thinking.

It's no wonder EVERY single year we have the same arguments. People just say whatever, don't have to explain or defend their logic, don't have to listen to anything, someone can say the dumbest thing and if they are popular enough have a group rally behind them. Then just point a finger, say something "smart" maybe a few emojis, hey stop talking and a person who was completely wrong not only leaves feeling like they are right but even feels empowered.

There's nothing wrong with iron sharpening iron. There's nothing wrong with reading a post that doesn't fall in line with your beliefs. A person should never get tired of learning.

But what do I know? I don't fall inline, and I "argue" all the time when I offer that different perspective that's not in line with the common demographic of this forum. I don't even use emojis all that much!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 1:05 AM, cole256 said:

But what do I know?

What I've sent you...

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What I've sent you...

I don't want to waste a reply cussing you out I'm on a strict 2 disagreement reply quota😂

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't want to waste a reply cussing you out I'm on a strict 2 disagreement reply quota😂

But you must admit, it was a great rim-shot response...:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I can potentially supplement your vocabulary here or give you some kind of guidance. It’s a gift I feel like I should share but haven’t wanted to with my daughters......

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I can potentially supplement your vocabulary here or give you some kind of guidance. It’s a gift I feel like I should share but haven’t wanted to with my daughters......

Any help is absolutely appreciated 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JKClark said:

smh still arrogant and insecure

You notice everybody else having a good time and you keep coming in with the stupidity? You don't even talk sports you just come in when I'm talking to someone else say something stupid like this is what he always does, you get your one like from proud because he's.....himself. 

It's just dumb. And for what? You're upset that you were wrong about something from 3 or 4 months ago? Do you even remember why your feelings are hurt?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Go for it...................................

I don't know what's funnier what you said or the fact that proud didn't get it and he thinks that was you putting me down 😂

I have the most lame "nemesis"you have bigbird. I have sensitive man and his sidekick big dummy......

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

You notice everybody else having a good time and you keep coming in with the stupidity? You don't even talk sports you just come in when I'm talking to someone else say something stupid like this is what he always does, you get your one like from proud because he's.....himself. 

It's just dumb. And for what? You're upset that you were wrong about something from 3 or 4 months ago? Do you even remember why your feelings are hurt?

I just skimmed that guy's 38 posts and half of them are about you. Maybe take a look out the window and make sure no strange cars have been parked outside for a long time?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just skimmed that guy's 38 posts and half of them are about you. Maybe take a look out the window and make sure no strange cars have been parked outside for a long time?

Man and to top it off it was started by the oh so popular I didn't see anybody say line.......I literally replied maybe you should look again.

He comes back with a smart comment and doubles down. There were literally several posts saying what he said wasn't said. One of them maybe 3 posts up. 

It was literally nothing to be upset about. Certainly nothing to be hurt about for months and stalking about. It wasn't subjective. It was easy to see right or wrong.  I don't know man

McLoofus...I do rarely post, but have been on these forums since the recruiting eagle back in the 90s.  I enjoy what this forum has to offer, and it's contributors.  His posts, as I perceive, are very condescending, and that just rubs me the wrong way.  I apologize as it adds nothing, and will refrain from such posts in the future.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Any help is absolutely appreciated 😂

I've been trying... 😁

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, JKClark said:

McLoofus...I do rarely post, but have been on these forums since the recruiting eagle back in the 90s.  I enjoy what this forum has to offer, and it's contributors.  His posts, as I perceive, are very condescending, and that just rubs me the wrong way.  I apologize as it adds nothing, and will refrain from such posts in the future.  

As respectful and respectable a response as one could ask for. 

Cole rubs a lot of people the wrong way, as you undoubtedly know. He used to rub me the wrong way, too. Then I realized that I was reading tone into his posts that wasn't there. Not always the case, of course, but in general it is my guess that a lot of us are hearing a different voice than the one that is actually creating his posts. Like someone from the northeast, he's not necessarily rude- just direct and to the point.

None of us are perfect, but I value Cole very much and consider him a great asset to the forum. I won't ask you to like him any more than you do, but just wanted to share the view of someone whose opinion was once maybe a lot like yours. 

Again, appreciate your response. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

As respectful and respectable a response as one could ask for. 

Cole rubs a lot of people the wrong way, as you undoubtedly know. He used to rub me the wrong way, too. Then I realized that I was reading tone into his posts that wasn't there. Not always the case, of course, but in general it is my guess that a lot of us are hearing a different voice than the one that is actually creating his posts. Like someone from the northeast, he's not necessarily rude- just direct and to the point.

None of us are perfect, but I value Cole very much and consider him a great asset to the forum. I won't ask you to like him any more than you do, but just wanted to share the view of someone whose opinion was once maybe a lot like yours. 

Again, appreciate your response. 

I was the same way and butted heads with him a couple of times until I had the same realization, plus he’s from north Alabama like me so he’s gotta be alright. 😝 Actually born in Noo Joysee, but raised in good old Alabama.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

Has Sharife changed his mind yet to play with Kessler and Jabari and bring home a national championship?

20 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Has Sharife changed his mind yet to play with Kessler and Jabari and bring home a national championship?

We signed 2 transfer PGs.....it looks to me like the coaching staff does not expect him back. 

18 hours ago, fishepa said:

He signed with an agent. He no longer has the option to change his mind and return to college basketball.

JT Thor, on the other hand, has not signed with an agent, so he still has until sometime in early July (someone back me up on that date) to withdraw his name from the draft.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fishepa said:

I’m more curious about Justin Powell. I would personally love it if he gave his dad the middle finger and rejoined the team with his good friend Walker Kessler.

I’d personally prefer Scoot Henderson to reclassify instead of Shariffe returning. Give me Henderson and an alpha shooting guard and we good

3 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m more curious about Justin Powell. I would personally love it if he gave his dad the middle finger and rejoined the team with his good friend Walker Kessler.

I’d personally prefer Scoot Henderson to reclassify instead of Shariffe returning. Give me Henderson and an alpha shooting guard and we good

Hard for me to imagine a scenario where Pearl would accept Powell back onto the team. The guy ups and leaves without even a conversation with the coaches. You can't trust a person like that and i don't think you can have a player on the team that you cannot trust. If he would have sat down with the coaches and explained the situation then maybe you can then mend that fence. As it stands, i expect the bridge between AU and Powell has been burned and not likely to be rebuilt. Good luck to him at Tennessee though. Hope he plays well there unless he is playing AU.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Hard for me to imagine a scenario where Pearl would accept Powell back onto the team. The guy ups and leaves without even a conversation with the coaches. You can't trust a person like that and i don't think you can have a player on the team that you cannot trust. If he would have sat down with the coaches and explained the situation then maybe you can then mend that fence. As it stands, i expect the bridge between AU and Powell has been burned and not likely to be rebuilt. Good luck to him at Tennessee though. Hope he plays well there unless he is playing AU.  

I agree - I don’t see a way that this ever happens. Frustrating to say the least. I think Powell would have killed it at Auburn with a true point guard.

• Like 1

I was one of Powell's biggest fans when we signed him. I thought he could be the shooting guard to open the floor for people like Flanagan and Cambridge. I still think he was much better then his rating but I don't think he will be an instant star at Tenn. He has a nice stroke good ball handling skills for his size and has a good nose for rebounds. He does not have elite quickness but does have a quick shot. I started to see teams adjust to him as the season progressed. 

He will be a good player with a high basketball IQ who will adjust as teams adjust to him.  I see him playing about 20 minutes a game averaging 8-12 points and 4-6 rebounds a game along with 1-2 assists a game. Good numbers. The reason I don't see him  playing more minutes is I think he will have trouble stopping really fast guards if playin man to man defense. He will be solid in zone defense with his size. He has the potential to be a pro assuming he can shoot high percentage on the three ball. His stock will live and die on his shooting percentage both on the two and the three.