2021 Transfer PF Noah Gurley (4/11/21: Bama)

ellitor

M_Basketball_Fall2020_Roster_9.jpg?width

Per JLee AU is in good position to land either Kessler or Gurley as a transfer Big in the class & they appear to be the top targets

Excerpt below from am article ToddC posted in the main recruiting thread

If Auburn misses on Kessler and wants another skilled big man, it could do a lot worse than Gurley, who averaged 15.4 points and 5.6 rebounds per game at Furman last season.

A high-level rim protector and a scorer from anywhere on the floor, Gurley shot 49% from the field last season and 34% from 3-point range. He has three years of experience, plus the last two starting in the frontcourt for the Paladins.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moves and has the frame of an alright (not poor) man's Evan Mobley, which is a pretty good thing! Alot of UNC fans I saw said that the problem with Kessler was that the stretch part of his game (3 and dribbling) actually didn't show up once games started being played, so I wouldn't mind taking this guy who has already showed he has that in his bag 

Fine with either

I would really take either don’t get me wrong 

but when I’m looking at the roster’s very few projected needs, having Jabari and Chris Moore as your 4s and Stretch/Dylan as your 5s, with Jaylin moving around, we really only have one really long forward now that can play that rover role JT did...and he’s going to be a freshman. The defensive versatility of Gurley would be a 1:1 replacement to me (on that end). 
im also imagining the length + athleticism with lineups of him and Jabari...I’m warming up to the idea of him over Walker (wouldn’t be mad with either)

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple AU insiders think Duke will be tough to beat.

As long as Alabama doesn’t pull something out of thin air, I’m ok.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

A couple AU insiders think Duke will be tough to beat.

Why? What have they done? Hehe. 

10 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

As long as Alabama doesn’t pull something out of thin air, I’m ok.

I’ll get blasted for this but I don’t mind both in state teams being good. Their football fans are about the only ones that I can’t stand.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I’ll get blasted for this but I don’t mind both in state teams being good. Their football fans are about the only ones that I can’t stand.

I mean if you see their fans this year, it’s the same football fans that are all of a sudden rabid basketball fans. If they’re good it’s only a matter of time before they are just as bad. I got a taste of it this year and I don’t like it at all.

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean if you see their fans this year, it’s the same football fans that are all of a sudden rabid basketball fans. If they’re good it’s only a matter of time before they are just as bad. I got a taste of it this year and I don’t like it at all.

Also my family being 95% Bama and treats me wonderfully affects my perception as well. LOL

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ve had several of the bammers I work with that knew next to nothing about their basketball team. One, an alumnae, said he watched 2.5 games including the tournament. Another, when I said it’d be funny if Nate Oats went to UNC, he said, “Who’s that? Oh, I don’t watch basketball. I only watch football “. 

20 hours ago, aubearcat said:

One, an alumnae, said he watched 2.5 games...

The word "alumnae" refers to a female graduate of a school. Unless we're talking about a transgendered person, the word you should have used is "alumnus." [Insert grammar Nazi tag here]

On 4/6/2021 at 4:23 AM, ellitor said:

I too don't mind UAB being good but why do you not like their football fans? :)

21 hours ago, Rednilla said:

The word "alumnae" refers to a female graduate of a school. Unless we're talking about a transgendered person, the word you should have used is "alumnus." [Insert grammar Nazi tag here]

Just having fun here. 

Actually, alumnae is the plural of alumna and refers to female graduates.    Yes, alumnus should have been used.  

33 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Just having fun here. 

Actually, alumnae is the plural of alumna and refers to female graduates.    Yes, alumnus should have been used.  

Hmm, I thought it was the other way around? Interesting. I'll have to look that up later.

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Hmm, I thought it was the other way around? Interesting. I'll have to look that up later.

Feels like I'm back in 10th grade Latin.

11 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

This sounds like a guy going to Alabama. 

I guess the basketball Iron Bowl is about to go all out high stakes...if we finish like those in the know seem to think we will and Bama gets Gurley to go with what they already have coming in, that puts the two teams pretty close to even on paper, no?

20 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

This sounds like a guy going to Alabama. 

I got the same vibe from his statement on them.

3 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

UTk uses McDonalds for recruiting.

Who do they use in Ttown?

Chick-Fil-A

31 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

@AUGoo Not sure on the companies but free suits & chargers.

6 hours ago, AUGoo said:

UTk uses McDonalds for recruiting.

Dodge Chargers with McDonald’s in the glovebox!

Archived