King of the Plains

japantiger

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Am I supposed to be impressed? Intimidated? Who does the Auburn media think will be impressed by this? What possible reason is there for this?

Smoke's agent may be as good as Gus's...

https://www.facebook.com/257400891030516/posts/3649687688468

FB_IMG_1622072962792.jpg

If you are a 16-18y/o recruit, then they are trying to appeal to you. 

Boomer out in Bessemer?? this ain't for you

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

Am I supposed to be impressed? Intimidated? Who does the Auburn media think will be impressed by this? What possible reason is there for this?

FB_IMG_1622072962792.jpg

Agree. It's pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

If you are a 16-18y/o recruit, then they are trying to appeal to you. 

Boomer out in Bessemer?? this ain't for you

I get the target audience, but I am putting myself into my 18-22 year old mindset.....and this isn't doing it. Now, if there was a blonde on the left and a brunette on the right.....with all else being equal.....color me convinced.

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I get the target audience, but I am putting myself into my 18-22 year old mindset.....and this isn't doing it. Now, if there was a blonde on the left and a brunette on the right.....with all else being equal.....color me convinced.

Idk man, kids are weird these days.

It's just a pick of Smoke chillin. It's not a big deal. Glad we are promoting our players

Kids aren’t weird and people are over thinking the hell out of this.

unless you were a d-1 athlete or aspire to be with credibility ( I am not talking about playing at Macon-East with no chance), you like the clout of this. It is bravado. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kids aren’t weird and people are over thinking the hell out of this.

unless you were a d-1 athlete or aspire to be with credibility ( I am not talking about playing at Macon-East with no chance), you like the clout of this. It is bravado. 

Maybe, but I don't see anything intimidating about this image. The slumping posture in this pic looks like a kid who has been put in timeout and is sulking. Maybe I'm under thinking it because that was my first thought. First impressions and all...

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Maybe, but I don't see anything intimidating about this image. The slumping posture in this pic looks like a kid who has been put in timeout and is sulking. Maybe I'm under thinking it because that was my first thought. First impressions and all...

It’s not suppose to be intimidating. That’s what you don’t get and why it’s not for you. It’s about the clout my guy. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not suppose to be intimidating. That’s what you don’t get and why it’s not for you. It’s about the clout my guy. 

You said it was bravado. By definition that is intimidating. How can you say it's not supposed to be intimidating? Which is it? 

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

LOL it really ain't that deep. 

AggressiveVillainousCleanerwrasse-size_r

8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You said it was bravado. By definition that is intimidating. How can you say it's not supposed to be intimidating? Which is it? 

a bold manner or a show of boldness intended to impress OR intimidate. This is the actually definition. 

Step your definition game up.

he is saying “ I AM HIM.”

Which most of you guys probably don’t know what that even means

He feels like the best. This is his s***. I am the king of this. Come and get or take it. It is not that hard to interpret tbh. 

12 hours ago, japantiger said:

FB_IMG_1622072962792.jpg

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

First off, I agree with the blonde and brunette sentiment...

Second, I don't know how old you are, but I'm guessing old enough you can't relate to the 18-22 year old mindset. That's not an insult, I'm 50, I can't relate either. To say things are different then when I was their age is a huge understatement.

Third, all you young whippersnappers need to get off my damn lawn!

Absolutely shocking to see a bunch of Auburn fans- I'll leave out the adjectives that usually implies, but which are 100% substantiated by this thread and most of the posts in it- acting out of touch and confused by young adult athlete culture. Shocking, I tell ya. 

The image of a bad ass king made even more bad ass by a slumping, almost bored posture on the throne is hardly new or unusual. I bet a bunch of your crusty old farts remember Conan the Barbarian from the 80s:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Explains The Delay In New Conan The Barbarian Sequel  - CINEMABLEND

Just now, McLoofus said:

Absolutely shocking to see a bunch of Auburn fans- I'll leave out the adjectives that usually implies, but which are 100% substantiated by this thread and most of the posts in it- acting out of touch and confused by young adult athlete culture. Shocking, I tell ya. 

The image of a bad ass king made even more bad ass by a slumping, almost bored posture on the throne is hardly new or unusual. I bet a bunch of your crusty old farts remember Conan the Barbarian from the 80s:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Explains The Delay In New Conan The Barbarian Sequel  - CINEMABLEND

But it’s Arnold . It’s intimidating! 

Not to be rude but also some of you guys talking about I need women to get my attention like that would probably labeled as “simps “ in this generation you are talking about. It’s a time in place for that. Smoke Monday is in a power position . He from Atlanta, Carver high school to be exact. This is how you get women. The women come to you when you got clout smh 

1 minute ago, Tiger1992 said:

I'm 50, I can't relate either. To say things are different then when I was their age is a huge understatement.

It is so easy, freeing, and intelligent to just say "I don't understand but they're doing their thing" and get on with your day as you seem to be doing. I applaud you for taking the obvious stance. 

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fam, We will call some of these responses  exhibit A of why I stay 97% of the time on the basketball forum! lmao. Bruce and the Basketball program is the only cool and sexy thing about Auburn sports. We have the absolute CORNIEST fanbase I have ever seen for a major program. I SAY THIS AS SOMEONE WHO IS A almost 32 year old CORNY redneck WHITE GUY!!!! lmao. Corny recognize corny bro!! hahaha

28 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A picture isn't going to be intimidating.  That doesn't even make sense.  Who is gonna get scared of a picture?

They way he sits is a pretty iconic way in music culture.  Arms crossed, leaned back.  This ain't an ad for Young Republicans

What's the problem? If you guys try to make this a problem it's probably more of a problem within yourselves.

Another thing to consider is marketing . Remember NLI? Get the shirts out smoke. Again it isnt made for some of y’all . Trust that. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not to be rude but also some of you guys talking about I need women to get my attention like that would probably labeled as “simps “ in this generation you are talking about. It’s a time in place for that. Smoke Monday is in a power position . He from Atlanta, Carver high school to be exact. This is how you get women. The women come to you when you got clout smh 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Another thing to consider is marketing . Remember NLI? Get the shirts out smoke. Again it is made for some of y’all . Trust that. 

That's actually one of the first things I thought of.

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It's just a pick of Smoke chillin. It's not a big deal. Glad we are promoting our players

I like it. I'm pretty sure the targeted demographic will like it too. If they were trying to reach us message board warriors, they'd probably need him dressed like the Ultimate Warrior, and trust me, that ain't gonna get it in 2021. 

Archived