King of the Plains

japantiger

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's not smoke. The #21 is for the year of the season.

Yeah, you're right.  I went off the OP and #21.  Unless smoke got a lot of work done in the offseason, I don't think the tattoos match

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

If you have a problem with this then yes you can't know if something can make money or not if you're not in it. 

And make no mistake the schools are catching up, these guys don't need to be taught how to do their brands. Everybody learned from them that money could be made that way.

This is just the school stop pretending that they own the student athletes

I don’t have a problem with NIL. I’ve said for years athletes should be paid by whoever wants to pay them. I’m not pretending that at all? Lol did you quote the right person?

26 minutes ago, woodford said:

I don’t have a problem with NIL. I’ve said for years athletes should be paid by whoever wants to pay them. I’m not pretending that at all? Lol did you quote the right person?

No I quoted you. You said they'll end up looking silly.....But ok.

And clearly I said it's the school's pretending, I don't see how you could read what I said and think I said you are pretending but cool!

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

LMAO people better not call anybody racist on here anymore. It's just a dude in a 21 jersey because it's the 2021 season. It isn't actually Smoke Monday. 

Who said anything about a racist?  I knew you wouldn't like it but why is it you don't?

Meh......I don't get all the negative about it. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Who said anything about a racist?  I knew you wouldn't like it but why is it you don't?

Nah reread, I think the post AU made is fine. It's kinda corny and generic but it's necessary for these things to be made. I actually want better, edgier, more in-touch content like this. 

And I'm just kinda joking about the racist thing. Pointing out so many people here were just like "a black guy wearing #21, must be Smoke". 

image.gif.df6ec9ba7a2fd20f1feec379568e6071.gif

image.thumb.png.1352593806c13ca2f346a5025598d70a.png

6 hours ago, japantiger said:

Uumm, actually you related it to rap culture in a previous post.

I made my living marketing all over the world; I can think of 50 other ways to promote him and the program in a more positive way and have him be a real, not imaginary, badass. 

He's an all SEC DB that came back for his senior season that acknowledged Harsin had a big part in his decision; and that things are different now at Auburn...but yeah, let him look like a dick on a throne instead. I don't see how that helps the program, which after all, is what Auburn media should be about. Making the program look different than the train wreck it's been...this looked like something Kevin Sumlin would do.

You better put your blinders on, cause there are going to be more and more individual promotions posted about our players...It is how college sports rolls now...

And by the way...I'm not sure why you are so upset. This image was probably approved by Smoke(since it's promoting Smoke), and if he liked it..then who cares.....

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Nah reread, I think the post AU made is fine. It's kinda corny and generic but it's necessary for these things to be made. I actually want better, edgier, more in-touch content like this. 

And I'm just kinda joking about the racist thing. Pointing out so many people here were just like "a black guy wearing #21, must be Smoke". 

I think you should maybe re read your post on what you stated or how you stated it. 

But if you cool with it why you say whoever did this is out of touch?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think you should maybe re read your post on what you stated or how you stated it. 

But if you cool with it why you say whoever did this is out of touch?

Because I'm cool with the concept of making these graphics. It doesn't mean that all graphics are cool. I can enjoy a genre of music but not like every artist.

It's just really bland. "King of the Plains"? Here's an example of a graphics concept I think is a lot more in-depth and appealing to this generation: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLX2L-Mgz2Z/?utm_medium=copy_link

One of the all time worst threads in here!!!! 😂😂

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I said music on page 1 and he inferred it was rap, I guess b/c the player is black

Yeah because if that was Nix instead of Smoke I wonder what genre of music would’ve been said if any at all

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah because if that was Nix instead of Smoke I wonder what genre of music would’ve been said if any at all

IT ISN'T SMOKE. I REPEAT. FOR THE 43RD TIME. THIS GRAPHIC DOES NOT FEATURE SMOKE MONDAY. 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

One of the all time worst threads in here!!!! 😂😂

Bro do you even hitch your pants when you holler at rapscallions and ne'er do wells

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Pointing out so many people here were just like "a black guy wearing #21, must be Smoke". 

smoke is a black guy , who plays for Auburn and wears #21. Maybe the word you are thinking about is stereotyping although that is a reach too. Joking or not, that was a silly comment. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

smoke is a black guy , who plays for Auburn and wears #21. Maybe the word you are thinking about is stereotyping although that is a reach too. Joking or not, that was a silly comment. 

He's also a senior, the unquestioned leader of the secondary and maybe even the entire defense, and one of the best players in the league at his position. If there are SEC media days this year, he's certainly a nominee to represent Auburn there. It absolutely makes sense that he would be on the (extremely) short list of guys on this team to be represented in this way. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's also a senior, the unquestioned leader of the secondary and maybe even the entire defense, and one of the best players in the league at his position. If there are SEC media days this year, he's certainly a nominee to represent Auburn there. It absolutely makes sense that he would be on the (extremely) short list of guys on this team to be represented in this way. 

Absolutely! It’s like if Cam was on the team and we see a black guy wearing #2 and looking like he is about to pass. I am sure it would be inspired from that. All of this went through my head but I had to hit on the obvious misusage of a term lol.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Absolutely! It’s like if Cam was on the team and we see a black guy wearing #2 and looking like he is about to pass. I am sure it would be inspired from that. All of this went through my head but I had to hit on the obvious misusage of a term lol.

Glad that you did. Cole, too. 

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

IT ISN'T SMOKE. I REPEAT. FOR THE 43RD TIME. THIS GRAPHIC DOES NOT FEATURE SMOKE MONDAY. 

Then it is an even more stupid piece of marketing.  Auburn is King of the Plains....really?  It's the only team on the plains...that's not even being the tallest pygmie.

Archived