June 1st - 6th Visitors Thread

Zeek

Kaleb Artis, New York D-Lineman, says of Auburn, 'everything is better in person'

By KEITH NIEBUHR 6 hours ago

Kaleb Artis, the 3-star defensive tackle from St Francis Preparatory School (N.Y.), said after wrapping up his official visit to Auburn on Sunday that the trip exceeded his expectations. And, he added, the Tigers are a huge factor in his recruitment.

"Awe man, it was amazing," Artis said. "It's been a long time coming on the phone. But everything is better in person."

He added, "It's a great place. The coaches seem real. It's real genuine as well."

Artis, listed at 6-feet-5 and 270 pounds, is the No. 2 recruit in the state of New York for the industry generated 247Sports Composite. Here's what else he had to say after the trip -- his first official visit ...

-Artis will officially visit Penn State next week, then Virginia, than Florida State. He hopes to have a commitment by mid-July.

-One highlight came when the Tigers staff helped Artis celebrate his mother's birthday. "They actually sang 'Happy Birthday' to my mother," Artis said. "It was an amazing feeling. She was tearing up. (Defensive line coach Nick Eason) played the guitar. (On-campus recruiting coordinator) Shanelle' Valentine actually sang for my mother. It actually felt like a real family experience. That's what I'm looking for so it was great."

-According to Artis, he spent a good bit of time this weekend with freshman defensive tackle Lee Hunter. "We kicked it and he told me why he came to Auburn," Artis said. "It sounds real good."

-"I don't really have a No. 1 or a No. 2 right now," Artis said. "But by the end of June, come July -- that first weekend in July, you'll definitely know for sure. I'm going to commit around mi-July." Of Auburn, he said, "They're of deep consideration. They're definitely up there. Even before I got here."

-Auburn definitely projects Artis as a defender. Some schools apparently have been open to the idea of looking at him on offense. "Auburn hasn't said anything about that," Artis said. "(Defensive tackle) all the way. We just got done in the meeting and (Eason) was talking about how he'd utilize me, up and down the line because I'm so bendable and flexible. He said he would never see me on O-Line. He loves me at the position I'm at."

-Artis said he's extremely high on Eason: "Great guy. When he first offered me he said I was one of the first guys he's offered at my position. We talk about life ... about anything. He's a great guy." He also likes Eason's NFL experience. "It's important because I want someone that's been around the game, has knowledge and can get me to the next level. I want to be one of the greatest."

-According to Artis, finding a great business school and a family atmosphere are two of his biggest factors. He toured Auburn's business college and came away impressed. He called it "top of line."

I'll probably make a long post later tonight sort of recapping where we are in the 2022 class with these kids that have visited and some kids who went elsewhere for visits this week. It'll take me a minute but I'm excited to have all this news finally coming out.

War Eagle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'll probably make a long post later tonight sort of recapping where we are in the 2022 class with these kids that have visited and some kids who went elsewhere for visits this week. It'll take me a minute but I'm excited to have all this news finally coming out.

War Eagle.

Any word on how Darrius Clemons visit went? I haven't seen anything posted.

Edited by Paladin

4 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Any word on how Darrius Clemons visit went? I have seen anything posted.

Our staff is thrilled with how it went FWIW

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3