Who would you like to see Auburn play?

Win4AU

The no brainer for me is Florida State.  I just missed being old enough to see the great games of the 80s but as many times as Auburn has played Clemson I can’t figure out how they haven’t scheduled FSU.  Tallahassee is 4-4.5 hrs from Auburn?  Would have been nice to play Jimbo that last year when the wheels were falling off.

• Like 2

Wisconsin.

Just kidding!!  

My answer would have been Penn State, but that's been taken care of.  I'm satisfied for the next few years with Cal, Baylor, UCLA and Miami.

After that I'd like a home and home with Notre Dame or Texas.

UCF in 3 or 4 years would be okay.

Texas at Dalls

USC in Las Vegas

tOSU in Chicago or Indianapolis

ND (Home and Home)

Virginia Tech (Home and Home)

@ Notre Dame in November and it’s not even close.

Those that didn’t experience the buildup to FSU @ ND on 11/13/1993 do not know what I speak of. 

Yes, Auburn was 9-0 heading into that day against Georgia, who was unfathomly a favorite in that game. I listened intensely to Jim Fyffe call one of his best games against the Dawgs that day as AU trounced them 42-28. It wasn’t as close as the final score.

BUT…undefeated FSU with eventual Heisman winner Charlie Ward took to the north to play at ND. An incredibly unusual regular season matchup. North vs South. The buildup throughout the weeks to that game was off the charts.

I remember the talk was so intense, it was rumored ND was going to purposely cut the grass as high as allowed possible to slow FSU’s west coast passing attack down. The weather was going to be so cold, FSU would be so frozen, they wouldn’t score. 

Neither happened, but it lived up to the hype. Came down to the last play. Their crowd was off the charts that day. The fans & band hugging the end zone.

ND is good again. Would be on cloud nine to see AU play at South Bend. 

I'd love home and homes Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech. All 3 would be winnable, and it would be fun to see 70% of BDS in orange. 

Wouldn't mind getting someone like Miami, USC, or Texas in a neutral site game. 

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

10116970.jpeg

I see what you're trying to do to get my blood pressure up so high this early in the morning................................pos bobby dodd

• Haha 3

It’s not the big dogs that everyone is mentioning, but I think Texas Tech would be interesting. Only played them once in 1954 and lost

Edited by Maverick.AU
Rephrasing

Los Lobos baby!

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, toddc said:

Los Lobos baby!

I would have said that but we would get the living crap beat out of us. It was a nice gesture by you..................

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I would have said that but we would get the living crap beat out of us. It was a nice gesture by you..................

I knew I could wake you up with that one! 😝 

• Like 1