Would you commit to Auburn right now?

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i back harsin a thousand percent. i have stated this. i think harsin will do well. so what do you guys want rednilla? someone that comes to the site and never says a word? you do understand people left because of the crap they were given on here right? i cannot give names as my memory is bad but i remember people saying they were done because they took a lot of crap. did they come back? i have no idea. but what if mikey had some kind of alz? the board clearly states if you have issue with someone you have the ignore function. it does not say shame and make fun of them until they might not want to come back. you might disagree with mikey but he is a loyal supporter of the fam. but after a while the shots get old. the click moves in when you say something they do not like and then they give you the silent treatment. my point is when you have an ignore function and you disregard it to embarrass someone you are worse than the poster getting piled on. let him have his fun.

and let me add anyone has the right to disagree of course but it is the making fun of stuff i am speaking of.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

so that gives you and others the right to trash and belittle others you disagree with on a daily basis?got it.  i am still waiting to see where harsin was bashed by mikey. i admit i do not read every single thread on here but with mikeys love for auburn i doubt he has trashed harsin. i know stuff mikey said about gus was twisted. i saw that. i saw several people attacked. tis a bad look.

Please tell me who I trash and belittle on a daily basis… lol. You clearly haven’t been reading threads if you haven’t seen the pot shots, not to mention the double standard. Nothing Mikey said about gus was twisted lol. You’re starting this whole Mikey soap opera and that this place is full of such horrible people and nobody wants to post here. Good grief.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i back harsin a thousand percent. i have stated this. i think harsin will do well. so what do you guys want rednilla? someone that comes to the site and never says a word? you do understand people left because of the crap they were given on here right? i cannot give names as my memory is bad but i remember people saying they were done because they took a lot of crap. did they come back? i have no idea. but what if mikey had some kind of alz? the board clearly states if you have issue with someone you have the ignore function. it does not say shame and make fun of them until they might not want to come back. you might disagree with mikey but he is a loyal supporter of the fam. but after a while the shots get old. the click moves in when you say something they do not like and then they give you the silent treatment. my point is when you have an ignore function and you disregard it to embarrass someone you are worse than the poster getting piled on. let him have his fun.

So it's okay for you to get irritated when you see people responding to Mikey, but our job is to hit the ignore button if he says anything we don't like? 

He's having fun pointing out all the most negative things he can find without abandoning his support for the program? And we're supposed to let it go unopposed?

You might disagree with our disagreement, and I do understand what you mean about driving people away, but you are suggesting that we moderate our own views so that those who disagree with us don't have to moderate theirs.

By the way, Mikey started a thread in this very forum to say that the 2022 class was in the exact same position as the 2010 class was, despite COVID and the new transfer rule, and has repeatedly hammered home the point that we are last in the SEC in recruiting rankings. He says he expects us to get better and yada yada, but what is the point of regurgitating that kind of thing over and over right now, if not to be a buzz kill? Can you not understand why we don't need Debbie downers right now?

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Please tell me who I trash and belittle on a daily basis… lol. You clearly haven’t been reading threads if you haven’t seen the pot shots, not to mention the double standard. Nothing Mikey said about gus was twisted lol. You’re starting this whole Mikey soap opera and that this place is full of such horrible people and nobody wants to post here. Good grief.

now you are stretching the truth mav.again, i have not singled anyone out. go back and reread. i never said this place was full of bad people either. that is another lie dude. you guys have been hammering him for years. it is the truth. you folks have a choice and the bottom line is you would rather give an old man hell than put him on iggie. well some anyway on the iggie thing.

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and let me add anyone has the right to disagree of course but it is the making fun of stuff i am speaking of.

The reason it gets made fun of is because he keeps making the same point over and over, despite everyone who knows anything about the program disagreeing with him. He refused to believe WDE when he said Gus sucks a few years ago after he'd gotten some insight into the way Malzahn ran the program, and now, when WDE says recruiting is in a better place than it's been in a decade, Mikey is lacing his posts with negativity veiled as worry.

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

So it's okay for you to get irritated when you see people responding to Mikey, but our job is to hit the ignore button if he says anything we don't like? 

He's having fun pointing out all the most negative things he can find without abandoning his support for the program? And we're supposed to let it go unopposed?

You might disagree with our disagreement, and I do understand what you mean about driving people away, but you are suggesting that we moderate our own views so that those who disagree with us don't have to moderate theirs.

By the way, Mikey started a thread in this very forum to say that the 2022 class was in the exact same position as the 2010 class was, despite COVID and the new transfer rule, and has repeatedly hammered home the point that we are last in the SEC in recruiting rankings. He says he expects us to get better and yada yada, but what is the point of regurgitating that kind of thing over and over right now, if not to be a buzz kill? Can you not understand why we don't need Debbie downers right now?

he has a right to talk about what he wants to rednilla. other than things that will get you banned or a timeout right? just like everyone else?

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he has a right to talk about what he wants to rednilla. other than things that will get you banned or a timeout right? just like everyone else?

You said you hadn't seen him bashing Harsin, so I gave you a couple of examples of how he's, at the very least, casting shade upon Harsin's recruiting efforts. Repeatedly.

But yes, he has a right to talk about whatever he wants, other than things that will get him a ban or a timeout. Is he the only one who should get this privilege, or are we allowed to contradict his posts, as well? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The reason it gets made fun of is because he keeps making the same point over and over, despite everyone who knows anything about the program disagreeing with him. He refused to believe WDE when he said Gus sucks a few years ago after he'd gotten some insight into the way Malzahn ran the program, and now, when WDE says recruiting is in a better place than it's been in a decade, Mikey is lacing his posts with negativity veiled as worry.

mikey is worried about the team he loves is what i get. but he still gets to state his opinion. do you remember the big dust up when one of our ladies was attacked over her beliefs in gus? it got nasty and she left for a long time. do you also remember when the forum got so bad al.com did a story on it and even printed some of the ridiculous things some posters said? i reposted it on here. i know folks hollered rec over and over but the article was pretty truthful.

Just now, Rednilla said:

You said you hadn't seen him bashing Harsin, so I gave you a couple of examples of how he's, at the very least, casting shade upon Harsin's recruiting efforts. 

But yes, he has a right to talk about whatever he wants, other than things that will get him a ban or a timeout. Is he the only one who should get this privilege, or are we allowed to contradict his posts, as well? 

red i already addressed this in this thread. it is not disagreeing with his posts as it it is belittling him and calling names because you do not agree. you guys seem to be assuming he wants harsin to fail and that is just not true.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

now you are stretching the truth mav.again, i have not singled anyone out. go back and reread. i never said this place was full of bad people either. that is another lie dude. you guys have been hammering him for years. it is the truth. you folks have a choice and the bottom line is you would rather give an old man hell than put him on iggie. well some anyway on the iggie thing.

“The same click has run a lot of  people off, I can think of two in particular”. “Many auburn fans are worried about harsin, but they wont say anything Bc they don’t want to get treated like Mikey”. People who have genuine concern but are open people don’t get piled on. Someone that acts like Mikey and has that attitude/posting style does, it’s pretty simple

mikey is worried about the team he loves is what i get. but he still gets to state his opinion. do you remember the big dust up when one of our ladies was attacked over her beliefs in gus? it got nasty and she left for a long time. do you also remember when the forum got so bad al.com did a story on it and even printed some of the ridiculous things some posters said? i reposted it on here. i know folks hollered rec over and over but the article was pretty truthful.

No, to be honest, I don't remember that. There was a long time when I didn't come online here much, because I was tired of the negativity, too. But that's because the program was in a bad place, and I didn't want to be reminded of the fact, not because people were expressing the negativity over a coach who had gone sour.

I do find it amusing that al.com did an article on us, but I suspect that had more to do with the fact that we're the largest Auburn board on the net, not because what was going on here was somehow unlike what was going on at other Auburn message boards.

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

“The same click has run a lot of  people off, I can think of two in particular”. “Many auburn fans are worried about harsin, but they wont say anything Bc they don’t want to get treated like Mikey”. People who have genuine concern but are open people don’t get piled on. Someone that acts like Mikey and has that attitude/posting style does, it’s pretty simple

well mav you played with the truth in one of your other posts and you know it. you cannot even admit that. so why should i keep discussing this with you?

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys seem to be assuming he wants harsin to fail and that is just not true.

No, it's not that he wants Harsin to fail. It's that he's butthurt over the support he gave Malzahn being undercut, so now he's undercutting the support we're giving Harsin. Not to punish Harsin, but to get back at us.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well mav you played with the truth in one of your other posts and you know it. you cannot even admit that. so why should i keep discussing this with you?

And what truth was that? The first part? Where you said you and others, and I thought it only said you? Yea I misread that. But man, talk about stretching out a disagreement. Sheesh

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

No, to be honest, I don't remember that. There was a long time when I didn't come online here much, because I was tired of the negativity, too. But that's because the program was in a bad place, and I didn't want to be reminded of the fact, not because people were expressing the negativity over a coach who had gone sour.

I do find it amusing that al.com did an article on us, but I suspect that had more to do with the fact that we're the largest Auburn board on the net, not because what was going on here was somehow unlike what was going on at other Auburn message boards.

the article was about some auburn fans. the quotes came mostly from stuff said on aufam. lets be clear about this. the article was not just about aufam. not sure the board was even mentioned but they copied quotes.

• Like 1

the article was about some auburn fans. the quotes came mostly from stuff said on aufam. lets be clear about this. the article was not just about aufam. not sure the board was even mentioned but they copied quotes.

Yeah, that's what I expected. I thought you were saying they centered on AUF, but that makes sense.

And what truth was that? The first part? Where you said you and others, and I thought it only said you? Yea I misread that. But man, talk about stretching out a disagreement. Sheesh

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

No, it's not that he wants Harsin to fail. It's that he's butthurt over the support he gave Malzahn being undercut, so now he's undercutting the support we're giving Harsin. Not to punish Harsin, but to get back at us.

as an auburn fan does he not have the right to dislike the hire? for the record and what i took was he is supportive of harsin but is worried with recruiting and that is normal. hell there is a thread on the rant making fun of us in the upper seventies in recruiting. look i am trying to do something nice and say you youngsters should not be piling on an old man and i am losing board friends because of it. i am not going to agree with any excuses. so other than adding a couple of hours excitement nothing will change. disagreeing with mikey is fine but treating him like a leper is not. to me anyway. i do admit to being surprised no one has told me to leave if i do not like it.

6 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, that's what I expected. I thought you were saying they centered on AUF, but that makes sense.

i always try to speak the truth but my memory plays tricks on me now and that is not an excuse but a fact. look if i am dead wrong then you have my permission to remove me. i keep trying to think of what i am missing and i see nothing. i can say if i was mikey i would probably have left long ago. and i have tied up with mikey in politics but at the end of the day and worries aside mikey will love auburn as much as other true blue fans.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

disagreeing with mikey is fine but treating him like a leper is not.

Whilst I can appreciate you sticking up for the guy, he made his bed, and I assume he is a grown ass man that can deal with the consequences of his actions and fight his own fights and whatnot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

as an auburn fan does he not have the right to dislike the hire? for the record and what i took was he is supportive of harsin but is worried with recruiting and that is normal. hell there is a thread on the rant making fun of us in the upper seventies in recruiting. look i am trying to do something nice and say you youngsters should not be piling on an old man and i am losing board friends because of it. i am not going to agree with any excuses. so other than adding a couple of hours excitement nothing will change. disagreeing with mikey is fine but treating him like a leper is not. to me anyway. i do admit to being surprised no one has told me to leave if i do not like it.

Again, there is a huge difference in being concerned and having a wait and see approach to see how things play out, which is totally understandable vs what Mikey has been doing since gus was let go.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

He has every right to not like it, but you got to at least give the other posters the same benefit too if they push back. I told you on one of the treads you created a while back, this guy is saying all the right things now but just you wait and it is already happening. I am telling you right now (this is just my opinion) he is hoping this guy fails so he can say I told you so. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Again, there is a huge difference in being concerned and having a wait and see approach to see how things play out, which is totally understandable vs what Mikey has been doing since gus was let go.

he has the right to post what he believes. people have the right to disagree. they should not have the right to belittle, name call, and badger folks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

By the way, I just watched a re-run of the 2013 Iron Bowl. While Gus's call on the Kick Six was great

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b7me0akdp01mt5711m

I thought you said a week ago you had to be mental to be thinking of Gus daily? What changed? 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, DAG said:

He has every right to not like it, but you got to at least give the other posters the same benefit too if they push back. I told you on one of the treads you created a while back, this guy is saying all the right things now but just you wait and it is already happening. I am telling you right now (this is just my opinion) he is hoping this guy fails so he can say I told you so. 

dag you be sure and do that and i will eat crow. it should be normal for most folks to have worries even if you love harsin. i sometimes think auburn is snakebit so i worry a lot but i am behind harsin completely and i believe in my heart we will do well with him. but i am a worrier. i have ocd and tend to overthink some things to the point i make things worse. but i will always pull for auburn and no one else  will ever come close. i still love gus because he helped us get a natty. am i happy with how he left auburn? hell no but i have no control over it. but there will always be naysayers and probably always will be. i want people to know that at the end of the day i support auburn,period. good times or bad.

• Like 1

Come on guys lets drop the back and forth its getting old................lets get back to the OP

Would you commit to Auburn right now?

• Like 2